2023-2024 Saint Louis University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have experience with the student interview pilot program? Apparently it’s two applicants interviewing with one MS4. If you’re allowed to share, any tips would be welcome!

Reactions: 1 user
Will we be receiving a link prior to the interview for the "additional scheduled activities" (the meeting from 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m with medical students and the dean of admissions?) Or is that a link that is going to show up in the portal? Thank you!

Will we be receiving a link prior to the interview for the "additional scheduled activities" (the meeting from 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m with medical students and the dean of admissions?) Or is that a link that is going to show up in the portal? Thank you!
That meeting link was sent by email! Additionally, if you are invited for a student interview, that will also be a zoom link via email

Members don't see this ad :)
Should we expect like classic interview questions (strengths/weaknesses, tell me about a time when...) or more app based questions

For those that interviewed already, did they send you your exact interview times shortly before your actual interview, and are we strictly expected to be present for all of the pre/post interview activities? I'm trying to see if I need to request a full day off from work and i'm short on PTO : /
Also, II received on 9/11, complete 7/6, LM 76 casper 4Q (can't remember if SLU takes casper or not but)...super excited and grateful!

For those that interviewed already, did they send you your exact interview times shortly before your actual interview, and are we strictly expected to be present for all of the pre/post interview activities? I'm trying to see if I need to request a full day off from work and i'm short on PTO : /
Also, II received on 9/11, complete 7/6, LM 76 casper 4Q (can't remember if SLU takes casper or not but)...super excited and grateful!
It might take a few days to show up in your portal, but once I accepted the Web Interview agreement I was able to see my interviewer's name and the time of the interview. I haven't done my interview yet but I hope this information is helpful to you.

Interview here tomorrow! Do we have three events? The morning faculty interview, Welcome event, and Student interview? Anything else?

Interview here tomorrow! Do we have three events? The morning faculty interview, Welcome event, and Student interview? Anything else?
Those are all that I'm aware of! Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully, several of us end up in the same MS1 class!

I’m interviewing soon and I’ve looked at the tips up above, was just curious if anyone else had any good tips for interview day? Questions that threw you off?

Question - my plans have changed since I originally submitted my pre-interview update form. Should I resubmit a new form? Or would it just be better to clarify in the interview?

Interviewing in a couple of weeks.. does anyone have any tips for SLU?

The faculty interview was very conversational about your application and my faculty member was super friendly! The student interview was a little more of a wildcard because you are with another interviewee and the med school is seeing how well you guys work as a team. I would definitely read over your app and have a good “why SLU?” response ready!

+1 OOS II, complete around 7/30ish.

Well at least we know they’re not going by completion date

Anyone know approximately how long the interview with the M4 student is? I am trying to reserve a conference room for the right amount of time...

Anyone know approximately how long the interview with the M4 student is? I am trying to reserve a conference room for the right amount of time...
Should be about 30 min but I would try to reserve for an hour to be safe

I think it's dependent on the student. Mine lasted like 15 minutes

When should we expect to hear about decisions? Interviewed early September and wasn’t given a date, but MSAR said 10/16 was the earliest date they’d send decisions out.

On my interview day they said 4-6 weeks but that's not a hard rule