2023-2024 Saint Louis University

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've read through the interview advice but does anyone have insight into the student interview? What should I expect?

Also the main takeaways I got from the faculty interview is 1) know your application very well because they like to ask you to elaborate on experiences and 2) have a why SLU? response ready. Any other important things to know for the faculty interview?
Super casual, one M4 interviewer and two interviewees. Some situation/MMI-based questions where you work together with your co-interviewee, then some time to learn more about the interviewer and ask questions. 30 mins altogether.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if everyone gets the student interview? Seems like it’s more MMI format… is it a good/bad sign if I do or don’t get one? Or really just completely random?
 
Does the student interview “count” since not all applicants are selected for it and because it’s a pilot program? In other words, do we think the adcom is blind to how we perform in the student interview?
 
Does the student interview “count” since not all applicants are selected for it and because it’s a pilot program? In other words, do we think the adcom is blind to how we perform in the student interview?
The results of your student interview will be considered so treat it as such and stay professional as you would with a faculty interview. Whether or not the school continues using student interviewers in the future will probably depend more on their comments and performance than on yours. Good luck!
 
I don't think everyone gets one. Pretty sure it's random since it's a pilot program
They say it's random but every single person I have talked to who's interviewed or is attending SLU has had one as part of their interview experience
 
grain of salt but a med student I spoke to said it counts for basically nothing. They are just testing if it gives any more insight than a faculty interview
 
Y'all think the mid-October interview decisions are coming out tomorrow? I think based on last year and how this cycle is going, tomorrow may be the day
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else who has received an A and login credentials completely unable to access Scholarship Suite to apply for the scholarships?
 
Is anyone else who has received an A and login credentials completely unable to access Scholarship Suite to apply for the scholarships?
I was having some trouble with this, and I don't know if it's the same for you, but the way I access it is definitely different from the directions provided. Instead of finding a "Tools" tab after logging into MySLU, I have to go to the search bar and look up Scholarship Suite and click on it for access.
 
I was having some trouble with this, and I don't know if it's the same for you, but the way I access it is definitely different from the directions provided. Instead of finding a "Tools" tab after logging into MySLU, I have to go to the search bar and look up Scholarship Suite and click on it for access.
What search bar are you using? The only one I see says "search your apps" and when I look up Scholarship Suite it says I don't have this app
 
What search bar are you using? The only one I see says "search your apps" and when I look up Scholarship Suite it says I don't have this app
Oh that's weird -- mine is also the "search your apps" bar, but when I look up Scholarship Suite, the app comes up for me. Maybe you should contact IT for more help?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the scholarship applications are considered on a rolling basis? Or will they look at all applications after the submission deadlines?
 
Does anyone know if the scholarship applications are considered on a rolling basis? Or will they look at all applications after the submission deadlines?
The scholarships are divided b/t Pathway and ODEI - I believe the Pathway ones are considered after deadlines and the ODEI ones are on a rolling basis.
 
the scholarship suite says the deadline is in March BTW!
Is anyone considering applying for the SLU scholarships? A lot of them seem to have early submission dates (January 2024), and my acceptance email said they would send out login credentials once your acceptance offer is processed. Has anyone received these credentials?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad