You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Temple
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
calmandrain
Full Member
They said recently that the next release date would be early or mid February
cupcake311
Full Member
They said recently that the next release date would be early or mid February
During my interview they said mid Jan thts why im so confused
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
stinkygoose00
Full Member
In my interview this week they said they were behind and would be pushing the January decisions to FebDuring my interview they said mid Jan thts why im so confused
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Withdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you incredible ppl <3
Doing god's workWithdrew my II, hope it goes to one of you incredible ppl <3
nitess
Full Member
48% OOS, 40% IS
Praying I get accepted off the CC list as an out of state applicant [emoji120][emoji120]
calmandrain
Full Member
Does Temple release decisions on a certain day of the week?
z123456789
Full Member
Congrats! When was your complete date?OOS II!!
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
just got an ii at 3am. hopefully this isnt an error. OOS LM 70
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
what are peoples experiences with the interviews? seems like a lot
D
deleted1124957
Yupis it safe to say an ii is unlikely? Ive been complete since early sept and we’re now approaching February 😭
med_student1120
New Member
can we expect decisions to come out this week?
clinicalpearls
Full Member
They seem to always send them in the middle of the night (I think they have an automated system). Congratulations!just got an ii at 3am. hopefully this isnt an error. OOS LM 70
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
clinicalpearls
Full Member
The faculty interview was very chill and conversational. We mostly just talked about an organization I used to volunteer with that he had also worked with. Med student interview was awkward bc it was closed-file so I felt like it was mostly me listing my experiences, but it wasn’t super stressful or anything. Community member interview felt rushed bc there were 3 interviewees per room. He basically just asked us ethical questions, but I was 3rd so I ended up only getting 2 questions.what are peoples experiences with the interviews? seems like a lot
FWIW I interviewed for the post-bacc which was a conditional acceptance a few years ago, and thought my dean interview went terribly (we just didn’t click), but I ended up getting in so try not to overanalyze too much!
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
So... we thinking tomorrow will be the release or...?
I thought they said February?
In my interview (November) they said January, and then the website also says January. Not sure if things have changed. Last year decisions were released on the 31st (at least from what I see on the forum and when people started posting). Who knows, I guess. I also applied to the St. Luke's campus so maybe things are different from the North Philly campus?I thought they said February?
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
ooh gotcha. sounds like most of us north philly interviewees heard february for decisions during our interview. if they said jan for you its prob jan. good luck!In my interview (November) they said January, and then the website also says January. Not sure if things have changed. Last year decisions were released on the 31st (at least from what I see on the forum and when people started posting). Who knows, I guess. I also applied to the St. Luke's campus so maybe things are different from the North Philly campus?
I called the very nice admissions people a few days ago to get a definitive answer. They said the majority of people who interviewed recently (I’m guessing most of the way through January?) will hear back next week some time.
clinicalpearls
Full Member
Doing God's work 🙏I called the very nice admissions people a few days ago to get a definitive answer. They said the majority of people who interviewed recently (I’m guessing most of the way through January?) will hear back next week some time.
Let’s hope the big man throws us a boneDoing God's work 🙏
brainsonmymind
Full Member
Those of us who interviewed in Nov really got the short end of the stick with these fixed decision release dates huh... just missed the Nov release and stuck waiting nearly 3 months for the next one... maybe I've just gotten lucky with my other decisions coming between 2-4 weeks after the interview
ps: they told me "mid January" in November 🙃
ps: they told me "mid January" in November 🙃
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Those of us who interviewed in Nov really got the short end of the stick with these fixed decision release dates huh... just missed the Nov release and stuck waiting nearly 3 months for the next one... maybe I've just gotten lucky with my other decisions coming between 2-4 weeks after the interview
ps: they told me "mid January" in November [emoji854]
Yes this is so true. I literally interviewed the day they released their first set of decisions [emoji29][emoji29]
D
deleted1181303
Withdrew II
cupcake311
Full Member
Previous yrs its been the last couple days of Jan so maybe theres a chance its tom, who knows
clinicalpearls
Full Member
Praying it is. I already had to pay a $2000 non refundable deposit to another school, and tomorrow is the 50% tuition reimbursement drop deadline for a pre-req I have to take for that school 😭Previous yrs its been the last couple days of Jan so maybe theres a chance its tom, who knows
premedboul
Full Member
Did anyone's portal update by any chance? Last year I think people had updates to their portal after midnight on the 31st, but it might not be the same time this year who knows 😵
garnmonster
Full Member
according to a post above the admissions office said decisions will be released sometime next weekDid anyone's portal update by any chance? Last year I think people had updates to their portal after midnight on the 31st, but it might not be the same time this year who knows 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
My portal personally wasn’t updated. I assume bc no one has seen an updated portal at this point that decisions will be released next week. Who knows what day
garnmonster
Full Member
they seem to like tuesdays. i think the decision in nov was a tuesday and last year jan 31 was a tuesday. so i would guess next tuesday feb 6My portal personally wasn’t updated. I assume bc no one has seen an updated portal at this point that decisions will be released next week. Who knows what day
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
excuse the neuroticism, but does attending the optional activities on interview day have any bearing on decisions?
I didn't go to any of the special interest groups (none seemed relevant to me), and I was accepted. I think they are good resources if they make sense for you but likely don't have bearing on the decisions.excuse the neuroticism, but does attending the optional activities on interview day have any bearing on decisions?
hopefulphysiciansoon
Full Member
what were peoples interview impressions? mmi format, or traditional open file?
what were peoples interview impressions? mmi format, or traditional open file?
1 open w/faculty, 1 closed w/faculty of a student on adcoms, and 1 community closed group interview (someone from North Philly community will ask you questions). My group interview had 2 applicants and they asked us a list of questions, some standard some tougher
garnmonster
Full Member
i emailed it to the admissions email (i wrote a LOI so not quite the same but i imagine the processes are the same)For anyone who sent an update post-interview, did you just upload to the portal?
med_student1120
New Member
So tomorrow morning?
What’s giving you the indication that it could be tomorrow?So tomorrow morning?
cupcake311
Full Member
portal updated!!!
Acceptance? St. Luke’s or North Philly?portal updated!!!
cupcake311
Full Member
A to north phillyAcceptance? St. Luke’s or North Philly?
MDwannabe01
Full Member
+1 A to north Philly!!
garnmonster
Full Member
losing hope for anything
clinicalpearls
Full Member
Same but at least it seems they usually waitlist and have a decent amount of movement. Really dislike waiting 10 weeks to hear back... then having to wait 11 hours to find out if its a W or an Rlosing hope for anything
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
garnmonster
Full Member
i was put on the CC list back in nov and i was trying not to get my hopes up but i was hoping i would get an A this round. i’m sitting on so many WLs and no As and idk what to doSame but at least it seems they usually waitlist and have a decent amount of movement. Really dislike waiting 10 weeks to hear back... then having to wait 11 hours to find out if its a W or an R
med_student1120
New Member
Did anyone get N Philly or was it just St Luke’s
bumblebee123456789
Full Member
Did anyone get N Philly or was it just St Luke’s
Multiple ppl got north Philly. Not me tho [emoji29]