2023-2024 Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Extremely jealous of those accepted, I interviewed in September. It looks like there was a 2 month turnaround time for ENMED applicants based on this thread, hope I hear back in a month!
LM 72 OOS Nontrad

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I am an OOS regular decision candidate and I interviewed in late august but haven't received anything. Have any other OOS people received news about the regular MD As?

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on prior replies mentioning prematch, it seems like only IS applicants (and OOS EnMed applicants) have received notification this week

Extremely jealous of those accepted, I interviewed in September. It looks like there was a 2 month turnaround time for ENMED applicants based on this thread, hope I hear back in a month!
LM 72 OOS Nontrad
Not really, when I got the A last cycle. I got the information 2 weeks following the in-person interview. It's pretty variable I'd assume. EnMed (formally, School of Engineering Medicine) is pretty much for all intents and purposes is its own thing. I'm not certain how much it needs to follow the "regular track A&M's" procedures.

Not really, when I got the A last cycle. I got the information 2 weeks following the in-person interview. It's pretty variable I'd assume. EnMed (formally, School of Engineering Medicine) is pretty much for all intents and purposes is its own thing. I'm not certain how much it needs to follow the "regular track A&M's" procedures.
Once the first prematches are announced meeting the October 15th as the earliest date, future announcements can be as random as they can be at each school. Many try to follow specific schedules like once a month but who they cover during that announcement can be someone who interviewed a few days before. Last year a regular A&M applicant went in Friday and found out Monday.

Once the first prematches are announced meeting the October 15th as the earliest date, future announcements can be as random as they can be at each school. Many try to follow specific schedules like once a month but who they cover during that announcement can be someone who interviewed a few days before. Last year a regular A&M applicant went in Friday and found out Monday.
Thanks for this info! If I know someone who interviewed for ENMED the same day as me and got an acceptance, should I assume its a no for me? Or should I keep hope haha

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for this info! If I know someone who interviewed for ENMED the same day as me and got an acceptance, should I assume its a no for me? Or should I keep hope haha
Cant hope to prematch every top program in Texas in first round! :)

There are multiple rounds of prematches and then there is also match. It may come down to you ranking them number 1 if you are serious about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Cant hope to prematch every top program in Texas in first round! :)

There are multiple rounds of prematches and then there is also match. It may come down to you ranking them number 1 if you are serious about it.
Makes sense haha. Thank you!

Makes sense haha. Thank you!
Was there a separate A&M interview this year?

I am curious how someone would rank EnMed separately from A&M if they would rather go to Baylor/UTSW/McGovern but want to choose EnMed but not A&M.

Was there a separate A&M interview this year?

I am curious how someone would rank EnMed separately from A&M if they would rather go to Baylor/UTSW/McGovern but want to choose EnMed but not A&M.
No separate interview!

Honestly I am not sure about that either. The rank list just shows a&m no ENMED

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
for the MSAR on this school it says that there are 554 total II given out and an accepted enrollment of 225. Through the Match, I'm sure many applicants would list schools they also interviewed at higher or end up going OOS-so does this mean that if one receives an II then the %chances of matching are >50% (closer to 60-70% perhaps)? Are there other factors that I am missing?

for the MSAR on this school it says that there are 554 total II given out and an accepted enrollment of 225. Through the Match, I'm sure many applicants would list schools they also interviewed at higher or end up going OOS-so does this mean that if one receives an II then the %chances of matching are >50% (closer to 60-70% perhaps)? Are there other factors that I am missing?
The 2021 post-ii spreadsheet says the acceptance rate post-ii is 60.51% for IS applicants.

Post II A rate is pretty good tbh. I’m assuming most As go out during the Match.

any word on OOS regular MD applicants…. Still nothing here...starting to lose hope

Prematched JUST NOW! So blessed and grateful!

Edit after I stopped crying and shaking: I can’t believe I’m going to be a doctor! I cannot wait to see where all of you guys go! GO US!

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 16 users

Edit after I stopped crying and shaking: I can’t believe I’m going to be a doctor! I cannot wait to see where all of you guys go! GO US!
Congrats! May I ask when you interviewed?

WIOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

posting for a friend! Pre match yesterday, interviewed on 10/5

Reactions: 4 users
I know most of y’all are IS but does anyone have an idea of when OOS applicants will hear back after interviewing? I interviewed 10/5 and I’m OOS, all these pre-matches are making me nervous

I know most of y’all are IS but does anyone have an idea of when OOS applicants will hear back after interviewing? I interviewed 10/5 and I’m OOS, all these pre-matches are making me nervous
Also nervous (IS), but I am just keeping in mind that pre-matches go out for very few applicants. As far as I know TAMU is not a very pre-match heavy school (unlike UTMB or UTSW). It seems to be a waiting game.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Any A&M Applicants still waxing poetic with your long 3500 character secondary essays?

Wrap those things up! The deadline for secondary applications is 5 PM today. 1 hour and 13 minutes....

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
I was told that for ENMED there are 15 interviews in total, each with around 5-20 people with an average of 10, so 150 people interviewing for 50 spots.
Do you know how far out ENMED is interviewing? As in how many of the 15 interview days are complete

I was told that for ENMED there are 15 interviews in total, each with around 5-20 people with an average of 10, so 150 people interviewing for 50 spots.
Not all spots are open as in some are reserved for A&M combined program.

This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to Texas A&M University SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

IS II just now, LM 74 complete 6/21

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I went to schedule my interview day and there were only January dates available. Should I be worried about having a later interview date that is that close to match day?

I went to schedule my interview day and there were only January dates available. Should I be worried about having a later interview date that is that close to match day?
Take what's available & maybe sooner spots will free up.
All interview dates are valid for consideration for Match.

II today, IS, LM 64.9, nontrad, primary transmitted 7/31, secondary completed 8/10, reapplicant.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Have there been any more prematches since mid Oct?
I think yes bc the Aggie Ambassadors post on their instagram story a "Congrats to those who prematched!" thing with some info whenever they go out, and I've seen that story on their account more recently than mid-Oct. Here's to hoping :love:🙌

is the med student social optional? they didnt explicitly say whether it was or not

Completely optional but it's your big opportunity to get a feel for the student culture and get spicy questions answered honestly.

is the med student social optional? they didnt explicitly say whether it was or not
Socials and pre-interview meet & greets are optional.
They are for your benefit, so you will get to meet some students who currently attend the school and see if you think they’re your kind of folks. You can get answers to questions from the students point of view.
The only way these gatherings could affect your chances is if you make a darn fool of yourself and that gets back to the school via the student ambassadors.
I think these are most helpful for applicants who are from OOS, are IS from a distant hometown, or who are trying to get more clues to pick among several schools.