You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Texas A&M
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
EnMed interviews are separate and in-person. The interview page says you also need to be "approved" by A&M for admissibility, but as far as I know you don't also interview with A&M interviewers.II to enmed! Super excited!
I have a question regarding the enmed vs traditional a&m md application process. If I got an ii from enmed, it does not mean its an ii from traditional a&m correct?
Would there ever be a possibility that I get into enmed and not the traditional a&m md program?
Engineering Medicine School Application Process | Texas A&M
EnMed Medical Education Program Interviews | Texas A&M
Many also apply to regular A&M and those interviews are via Zoom.
You could be admitted to one and not the other.
complete date?II to enmed! Super excited!
I have a question regarding the enmed vs traditional a&m md application process. If I got an ii from enmed, it does not mean its an ii from traditional a&m correct?
Would there ever be a possibility that I get into enmed and not the traditional a&m md program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
EnMed had 2 interviews last year, one in person and one with A&M online.EnMed interviews are separate and in-person. The interview page says you also need to be "approved" by A&M for admissibility, but as far as I know you don't also interview with A&M interviewers.
Engineering Medicine School Application Process | Texas A&M
EnMed Medical Education Program Interviews | Texas A&M
Many also apply to regular A&M and those interviews are via Zoom.
You could be admitted to one and not the other.
The expectation was that if EnMed offered an admission A&M would no longer consider them but if they didn't A&M would now be the one considering them.
Early June!complete date?
emjordan
New Member
Late but +1 II to EnMed!
IS ORM nontrad, 3.7/518
(Complete 8/11; II received 8/21)
I actually just attended this interview yesterday 8/28 and loved it. Facility/program all super cool and faculty were so nice!
They also confirmed that EnMed interviews pull double duty for IS TMDSAS applicants, in that the interviews screen for both EnMed and regular MD track. If EnMed does not accept an IS interviewee, the application automatically gets passed on to TAMU regular MD to consider for admission, no additional interview required.
IS ORM nontrad, 3.7/518
(Complete 8/11; II received 8/21)
I actually just attended this interview yesterday 8/28 and loved it. Facility/program all super cool and faculty were so nice!
They also confirmed that EnMed interviews pull double duty for IS TMDSAS applicants, in that the interviews screen for both EnMed and regular MD track. If EnMed does not accept an IS interviewee, the application automatically gets passed on to TAMU regular MD to consider for admission, no additional interview required.
Thanks for providing this explanation of how they consider applicants to both EnMed and MDLate but +1 II to EnMed!
IS ORM nontrad, 3.7/518
(Complete 8/11; II received 8/21)
I actually just attended this interview yesterday 8/28 and loved it. Facility/program all super cool and faculty were so nice!
They also confirmed that EnMed interviews pull double duty for IS TMDSAS applicants, in that the interviews screen for both EnMed and regular MD track. If EnMed does not accept an IS interviewee, the application automatically gets passed on to TAMU regular MD to consider for admission, no additional interview required.
Last year they had two separate days of interviews (in person for EnMed and online for A&M). Do they no longer have two separate days?Late but +1 II to EnMed!
IS ORM nontrad, 3.7/518
(Complete 8/11; II received 8/21)
I actually just attended this interview yesterday 8/28 and loved it. Facility/program all super cool and faculty were so nice!
They also confirmed that EnMed interviews pull double duty for IS TMDSAS applicants, in that the interviews screen for both EnMed and regular MD track. If EnMed does not accept an IS interviewee, the application automatically gets passed on to TAMU regular MD to consider for admission, no additional interview required.
Thank you so much for sharing!Late but +1 II to EnMed!
IS ORM nontrad, 3.7/518
(Complete 8/11; II received 8/21)
I actually just attended this interview yesterday 8/28 and loved it. Facility/program all super cool and faculty were so nice!
They also confirmed that EnMed interviews pull double duty for IS TMDSAS applicants, in that the interviews screen for both EnMed and regular MD track. If EnMed does not accept an IS interviewee, the application automatically gets passed on to TAMU regular MD to consider for admission, no additional interview required.
emjordan
New Member
From what I understood, noLast year they had two separate days of interviews (in person for EnMed and online for A&M). Do they no longer have two separate days?
I spoke to students interviewing this cycle and they said that Monday is a day filled with info about the school and Thursday is the actual interview day.
Yeah the interview days can be Tuesday or Thursday.I spoke to students interviewing this cycle and they said that Monday is a day filled with info about the school and Thursday is the actual interview day.
optimisticdocc
Full Member
This might be a silly question but does anyone know or have an idea of how long after the interviews, do the admissions convene together to discuss the candidates again?
It's not very predictable from school to school, and also remember that no offers of admission can be made until October 15th at the earliest.This might be a silly question but does anyone know or have an idea of how long after the interviews, do the admissions convene together to discuss the candidates again?
TMDSAS schools do not have a rolling admissions process like many AMCAS schools do, and only a fraction of the offers (about 15%) are made earlier than our Match Day in February.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
optimisticdocc
Full Member
Very conversational and easygoing!! Just make sure to know your application inside and out!Can anyone who has interviewed here for regular MD talk about how it was? I’m an Aggie and super excited but nervous for my interview on 9/14
probably not a bad sign but more likely a clerical error/new employee sent out batch of emails to the wrong list/that sort of thing.I'm posting on behalf of a friend who applied MD/PhD and received an interview invite earlier today, but 5 mins later received a brief email saying it was a mistake and their application is still under review. Happened to anyone else? Bad sign??
Hope it gets figured out soon
I'm so sorry, was it regular MD or EnMed interview? You can PM me if you don't want to say more on the public threadsHey everybody,
Texas resident here and I recently had my interview. It totally felt like a stress test and that the interviewer outwardly didn't like me from the start. Did anyone else experience this? I was confident going in but now I am super stressed.
Felt the worst about my A&M interview and ended up being fine. Had a similar experience with interviewer.Hey everybody,
Texas resident here and I recently had my interview. It totally felt like a stress test and that the interviewer outwardly didn't like me from the start. Did anyone else experience this? I was confident going in but now I am super stressed.
+1 IS Interview Received 9/12!
+1 OOS II. LM 76. Super suprised about this one. Apparently only Texas schools like me🙂
It's a long day of different things and it's an in-person interview. I don't believe EnMed uses MMI format.I read that the ENMED interview has the engineering activity (1 hour) and 4 rounds of traditional interview (20 mins each). Is this accurate? Is there no MMI portion?
EnMed Medical Education Program Interviews | Texas A&M
roastbeef02
Full Member
Does anyone know if A&M will let you know if they will not be inviting you to an interview? Or do schools only reply if they are interviewing you.
In my experience as a reapplicant, A&M only let me know that I did not receive an II when the cycle was coming to an endDoes anyone know if A&M will let you know if they will not be inviting you to an interview? Or do schools only reply if they are interviewing you.
Last edited:
Did anyone send post-II thank you letters to your interviewers? Waiting on Admissions to hear back about this but if y'all know the answer, that would be great.
If y'all have sent letters (I'm just not sure if some schools have a policy against thank you letters, which is why I ask), did you direct it to the Admissions Office or directly contact your interviewers?
If y'all have sent letters (I'm just not sure if some schools have a policy against thank you letters, which is why I ask), did you direct it to the Admissions Office or directly contact your interviewers?
Dr. Swiftie
Full Member
I also emailed admissions to ask what the protocol was but did not hear back. I had the email address of one of my interviewers, so I sent it directly. My other interviewer was a student and I did not get his email, so I had no means to send it to him. I uploaded both letters on the portal as "Additional Documents" just in case.Did anyone send post-II thank you letters to your interviewers? Waiting on Admissions to hear back about this but if y'all know the answer, that would be great.
If y'all have sent letters (I'm just not sure if some schools have a policy against thank you letters, which is why I ask), did you direct it to the Admissions Office or directly contact your interviewers?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recent II? Asking as OOS Enmed applicant
txpremed1234
Full Member
my app was complete 6/21 and no word. do you think there's still a chance of an II?
Definitely, keep the spirits up!my app was complete 6/21 and no word. do you think there's still a chance of an II?
How sure are you? Would you change your mind if another school interviewed you between now and January?I interviewed in early September and I was wondering if I should send a letter of intent prior to pre-match if this school is my top choice?
Usually people wait until late October to see if they got an early pre-match and if not, you can send the LOI.
If I am extremely sure I want to attend one school could I send an earlier letter of intent?
The school knows if you received multiple interviews in Texas.If I am extremely sure I want to attend one school could I send an earlier letter of intent?
If someone received only one interview and they are pushing for prematch the school wouldnt care but if they received several interviews and writing to one school, they might consider it.
If someone interviewed at 4 schools and they write 4 letters, the schools will find out. Some of the administrators will have private channels with other admins and they trade stories.
optimisticdocc
Full Member
Is A&M prematch heavy like UTMB or no? Sorry if this was already answered earlier I couldn't find the info haha
Has anyone heard back yet?
I think last year they started giving out decisions on the Monday following 10/15.
Has anyone heard back yet?
They said no one would hear back before 10/16I think last year they started giving out decisions on the Monday following 10/15.
Is today the day? Hmmmmm
Last year they started sending pre-matches out today, so I guess we will see.Is today the day? Hmmmmm
williewalnuts
Full Member
what is a pre match and does it effect non-TMDAS ENMED applicants?Last year they started sending pre-matches out today, so I guess we will see.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Essentially its a non-binding offer of admission. IIRC pre-matches are only made to Texas residents, not sure about ENMED though.what is a pre match and does it effect non-TMDAS ENMED applicants?
It does not affect non-TX resident enmed applicants. A pre-match offer is an acceptance before Match Day (in February), which only TX residents participate in.what is a pre match and does it effect non-TMDAS ENMED applicants?
You are insane. Congratulations!just got the pre-match call!! so excited![]()
