2023-2024 Tufts

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like there have only been around 5-6 II posted here so far. If the previous study that showed 5% of all actual II are reported on SDN is somewhat accurate, then around 100 people have gotten an II, and tufts gives around 700-800. So, yes, still hope.
 
Looks like there have only been around 5-6 II posted here so far. If the previous study that showed 5% of all actual II are reported on SDN is somewhat accurate, then around 100 people have gotten an II, and tufts gives around 700-800. So, yes, still hope.
That's interesting, do you have a source for that study?
 
That's interesting, do you have a source for that study?

It is quite old but still interesting data
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, I find the usefulness of a LM score to be pretty limited. I put it because people ask, but I think your other skills, talents, and experiences all matter much more for admission once you get to the interview stage. Those other factors are also what will make you a great doctor, not the LM score.
while i agree, this is a very LM 80+ score-haver thing to say. that changes your perspective on the process, i have friends who have LM 80+ that have told me how holistic places they got ii at are (like most of the T10 schools) and it’s hard to take that seriously when having a LM 80+ helps you get your foot in the door.
 
Lmao. It's quite amusing how I managed to complete all my secondary applications but somehow allowed everything else to fall prey to procrastination during interview season -- like Tufts' MD/MPH application, teasing with the notion that "you can submit at a later date."

While I submitted my MD secondary literally two months ago (no word since), I just now got around to submitting my MPH application and reading the corresponding fine print. It says, "Please note that applications will not be reviewed until they are formally submitted by using the submit application below." I may be over-reading, but this has me concerned that since I indicated an interest in MD/MPH, my traditional MD application may have been on 'hold' and only moved forward for evaluation once I submitted the MPH portion.

Initially, I was under the impression that a decision would be made on my MD, and then the MD/MPH decision could be easily tacked onto that decision, but now I am worried that I have self-sabotaged my MD application, thinking that it was just now released for review. Does anyone have any information on this? Should I reach out to Tufts directly for clarification?
 
Lmao. It's quite amusing how I managed to complete all my secondary applications but somehow allowed everything else to fall prey to procrastination during interview season -- like Tufts' MD/MPH application, teasing with the notion that "you can submit at a later date."

While I submitted my MD secondary literally two months ago (no word since), I just now got around to submitting my MPH application and reading the corresponding fine print. It says, "Please note that applications will not be reviewed until they are formally submitted by using the submit application below." I may be over-reading, but this has me concerned that since I indicated an interest in MD/MPH, my traditional MD application may have been on 'hold' and only moved forward for evaluation once I submitted the MPH portion.

Initially, I was under the impression that a decision would be made on my MD, and then the MD/MPH decision could be easily tacked onto that decision, but now I am worried that I have self-sabotaged my MD application, thinking that it was just now released for review. Does anyone have any information on this? Should I reach out to Tufts directly for clarification?
You’re over reading. You need to be accepted into the MD program first before being considered for MD/MPH, so the timeframe you submit the MPH portion only hinders ability to do MD/MPH if seats fill up.
 
The pre-day email said "times and names of your interviewers and will provide links to bios for your interviewers", was anyone able to access these links and bios? All I am seeing on the portal is the name and time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For anyone that interviewed before Sept 30, you should hear back sometime in the next few days. Post Sept 30, well hear back mid November. Adcoms meet at the end of every month.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad