2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Y’all... waitlist means we still have a chance!

I remember the dean saying if you send an email indicating you would go on or after April 30th then you are in. But like what if you aren’t accepted anywhere else… the LOI is effectively meaningless lol

I would’ve preferred this WL after the holidays 🫠

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
had to pause my christmas music to read that waitlist email 😿 interviewed 10/3

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Future reference II on 9/7 interview 9/29 and WL 12/19 at 10:35 am PST

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
fakkkkkkk got waitlisted after all the tuition i've paid this school, interviewed september

• Care
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you all get secondaries for Keck in July? I thought Keck didn’t send them out till August this year

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who's interviewing next week received anything in regard to a Zoom link? If you interviewed already, when did you receive this?

Has anyone who's interviewing next week received anything in regard to a Zoom link? If you interviewed already, when did you receive this?
I interviewed in September and received the Zoom link ~8 days before my interview date

I got the interview link a few hours ago! Interviewing on Wednesday

OOS II! Just got the call!!!!
Congrats!! Wishing you the best of luck on your interview!! If you don't mind me asking, when were you complete?

Reactions: 2 users
i know the oos interview rate is pretty low but how many more II can we expect them to send out? I've been complete since the first week of august but haven't received any response.

Question for those who have already interviewed. Any tips or topics I should prepare for? I heard from a current student the interviews are a bit more low key than other schools. Is this still the case?? Thank you!

Question for those who have already interviewed. Any tips or topics I should prepare for? I heard from a current student the interviews are a bit more low key than other schools. Is this still the case?? Thank you!

Interview was closed file and pretty basic questions. The interview with the student was more conversational. Faculty opened with saying that they had specific questions they were required to ask me. Just kept firing off questions and asking follow-ups and wasn’t much of a conversation. Probably different interviewer to interviewer exactly what the experience is like.

Dr. Arias gives you a nice little pep talk beforehand

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interview was closed file and pretty basic questions. The interview with the student was more conversational. Faculty opened with saying that they had specific questions they were required to ask me. Just kept firing off questions and asking follow-ups and wasn’t much of a conversation. Probably different interviewer to interviewer exactly what the experience is like.

Dr. Arias gives you a nice little pep talk beforehand
Semsemrocks once again you are the best!!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS II! completed mid-august, multiple dates in jan. and feb.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Got the call ~20 min ago!! Interviewed 10/20 so was not expecting this! Keep your head up @ all my September / October interviewees losing hope <3

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
+1 Acceptance call! Interviewed on 12/6. She said that official emails would be sent out later. Portal also hasn't been updated yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anything important been posted to the FB for accepted students? I was locked out my account and just now got it back 😔

Does anyone know how late Keck interviews?

• Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
any updates from here? IIs??
seems like last week was a committee week so I bet next week we may hear more about IIs and post II decisions. They meet on monday so we just gotta be patient!!

seems like last week was a committee week so I bet next week we may hear more about IIs and post II decisions. They meet on monday so we just gotta be patient!!
what is a committee week? thx

what is a committee week? thx
According to Dean Arias the admissions committee meets every other Monday then decisions are sent out the following Thursday (so three days later). It’s easy to track when they meet based on when people get calls for admission!

Just checked my portal cuz I was depressed I never got an interview from Keck and when looking at my document statuses I saw that they were marked as complete on 1/8/2024 5:19:00 PM when they were actually submitted and complete well well before that. Is this some glitch in the system or did my AAMC letters somehow goof only to USC??

Just checked my portal cuz I was depressed I never got an interview from Keck and when looking at my document statuses I saw that they were marked as complete on 1/8/2024 5:19:00 PM when they were actually submitted and complete well well before that. Is this some glitch in the system or did my AAMC letters somehow goof only to USC??
Check your email. iirc I received an email when my application was completed. Hopefully that’s just a glitch but I’m really sorry that happened :/

Mine show they were received in July (7/22), before they started sending out the secondary. Maybe it’s a glitch? Did you submit more than the requested 3 letters? Did you make any updates to your AAMC app or send new letters to other schools?

Like the above poster mentioned, check if you have an email in your inbox with the subject line “Keck School of Medicine: Supplemental Application Complete.” If you never received that then maybe email them and check.

Does everyone have "Your application is complete and under review at this time." on their application status in their portal or does this mean they are actually reviewing my application? Sometimes schools will just show that status to everyone so I am just curious...