You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 UT Houston (McGovern)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! May I ask when you were complete?IS II just now!
D
deleted1122679
Lol, waking up and seeing that people got IIs at 9 PM is gonna have me refreshing my email in my sleep! 😂😭
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
harry_potter138
Full Member
right lol, this is one of my top choices tooLol, waking up and seeing that people got IIs at 9 PM is gonna have me refreshing my email in my sleep! 😂😭
my thoughts exactly. no time is safe! hahaLol, waking up and seeing that people got IIs at 9 PM is gonna have me refreshing my email in my sleep! 😂
y'all, that email will still be in your in-box in the morning!my thoughts exactly. no time is safe! haha
Get your sleep 😊
Thanks! Complete on 6/14Congrats! May I ask when you were complete?
II just now!!
tmdsastradapplicant
Full Member
II! LM 73.80, IS
So happy!!!
So happy!!!
Congrats yall!!!
Just checked and received II earlier today! LM 76.5 IS ORM 6/26 complete super grateful!
txpremed1234
Full Member
IS II yesterday 519 4.0 and complete 6/14
txpremed1234
Full Member
what are these LM things people say? I want to be as helpful as possible to other people in this community so I will look up how to include mine,
sorry if this is a stupid question!
sorry if this is a stupid question!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
txpremed1234
Full Member
thank you so much!!LizzyM Score. Just google it, there is a calculator where you put your stats. Your score would be 77 if I'm correct which is very high!
You will find LizzyM under calculators in the menu - just plug in your gpa and mcat and you get that number.what are these LM things people say? I want to be as helpful as possible to other people in this community so I will look up how to include mine,
sorry if this is a stupid question!
D
deleted1167053
How can we factor in a graduate GPA into LM?You will find LizzyM under calculators in the menu - just plug in your gpa and mcat and you get that number.
How can we factor in a graduate GPA into LM?
LizzyM Score® Calculator | Student Doctor Network
Calculate your SDN LizzyM Score with GPA and current MCAT scaled into the original LizzyM range, compare the result with AAMC applicant outcome data, and find medical schools in the same reference band.
Old MCAT used to be out of 45. The score reflected GPA x 10 + MCAT. The calculator converts the score to old score based on percentiles and gives you LizzyM score that is still on an 85 scale.
Keep the faith! It’s extremely hard to stay hopeful, but this is the part that’s truly out of our hands. II aren’t purely chronological. Once November/December comes, then we can all mourn a bit together 🙂It looks like they are going through sequentially and giving II, if I am not mistaken? Looks iffy for my 6/12 completion date 🙁
I have posted before on this - McGovern does not admit a lot of people early because they hold spots for each round and then match a majority of the students during match.It looks like they are going through sequentially and giving II, if I am not mistaken? Looks iffy for my 6/12 completion date 🙁
People are not interviewed based on their application date at McGovern.
Same same. This is my dream school too. 6/3
D
deleted1167053
I was completed on 5/30 so I feel your pain but it’s not over until the cycle is over!! Have faith in yourselfI’m nervous as well because I was complete on 6/4 and haven't heard anything.
Hi for everyone who is worrying about submitting earlier and not receiving a II, don't lose hope! If it is any comfort, I'm not sure of Mcgovern's review process but last cycle, my friend completed early July and did not receive a II until December. She is now an MS1 there! In contrast, I submitted mid-August and got an interview in October. The waiting is rough, but you got this - the interviews have really just begun.
The reassurance is always appreciated. Thanks friend!Hi for everyone who is worrying about submitting earlier and not receiving a II, don't lose hope! If it is any comfort, I'm not sure of Mcgovern's review process but last cycle, my friend completed early July and did not receive a II until December. She is now an MS1 there! In contrast, I submitted mid-August and got an interview in October. The waiting is rough, but you got this - the interviews have really just begun.
D
deleted1167053
To anyone who’s slowly dying because of the waiting game: you ARE enough, you WILL be a doctor, believe in yourself because not many get to this point. Wishing everyone the best of luck and blessings in this cycle!!!
D
deleted1122679
I was about to close my eyes and get some peaceful sleep and then remembered McGovern sent those 9 PM invites that one time! 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go to sleep!!!I was about to close my eyes and get some peaceful sleep and then remembered McGovern sent those 9 PM invites that one time! 😂
![]()
Congrats! What day were you complete!IS II!
5/29Congrats! What day were you complete!
Did y’all receive secondaries about 5 days after your app was transmitted? I think McGovern and UTMB are the two schools that would wait several days instead of immediately the next day to send secondaries invites, right? I’m trying to figure out which secondaries to prioritize
A&M, McGovern, UTMB, and Baylor I received the day after. UTSW 2 days after, UH a week after!Did y’all receive secondaries about 5 days after your app was transmitted? I think McGovern and UTMB are the two schools that would wait several days instead of immediately the next day to send secondaries invites, right? I’m trying to figure out which secondaries to prioritize
glucosedestroyer
Full Member
Do all II get sent out at the same time on the days they are sent or do they get sent out periodically as the day goes on?
Interview Invite just now! IS, LM 70
These things are not instantaneous, which is good because sending out batch emails has backfired at times at other schools which have accidentally told everyone on the mailing list they were accepted and then had to take it back! (p.s. it was not a Texas school this happened at, but the "world famous Mayo Clinic" a couple of years back)Do all II get sent out at the same time on the days they are sent or do they get sent out periodically as the day goes on?
Last edited:
glucosedestroyer
Full Member
Thank you for your replyThese things are not instantaneous, which is good because sending out batch emails has backfired at times at other schools which have accidentally told everyone on the mailing list they were accepted and then had to take it back!
YAYYYY! Which day were you complete?Interview Invite just now! IS, LM 70
You're slayinggg this cycle 😍❤️Interview Invite just now! IS, LM 70
5/29
This gives me hope because I was complete in early June and haven’t heard anything!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Meowing didn’t work for McGovern. Hopefully they send a few more IIs
OOS II. LM 76. ORM but lots of experience working with Spanish speaking populations.
thank you!!!!❤️❤️You're slayinggg this cycle 😍❤️
I was complete July 17th!YAYYYY! Which day were you complete?
IS II LM 75 complete 7/19