2023-2024 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had to delete one of my rec letters right before TMDSAS transmitted my application to my schools and on my status it says this portion is still incomplete (it's been almost a week since I submitted everything). It doesn't list the evaluator that I had deleted but my status overall is incomplete due to this. Should I contact admissions regarding this?

Members don't see this ad.

I had to delete one of my rec letters right before TMDSAS transmitted my application to my schools and on my status it says this portion is still incomplete (it's been almost a week since I submitted everything). It doesn't list the evaluator that I had deleted but my status overall is incomplete due to this. Should I contact admissions regarding this?
No, you know you are short one letter so contacting the school won’t fix that problem.
Minimum of 3 letters and maximum of 4.
Do you have 3 letters? Then you can let your schools know the 4th letter is no longer coming.
Do you have 2 letters? You will be incomplete everywhere without a third.

No, you know you are short one letter so contacting the school won’t fix that problem.
Minimum of 3 letters and maximum of 4.
Do you have 3 letters? Then you can let your schools know the 4th letter is no longer coming.
Do you have 2 letters? You will be incomplete everywhere without a third.
I have my 3 required letters, the one that I deleted later was the optional one. Sorry, should have clarified that. One of the other TX schools I applied to fixed it within a day and my application was complete. But it seems like it's lagging with Houston.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my 3 required letters, the one that I deleted later was the optional one. Sorry, should have clarified that. One of the other TX schools I applied to fixed it within a day and my application was complete. But it seems like it's lagging with Houston.
Just email them a one sentence message that the 4th letter is no longer expected.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my 4 letters marked as received on both TMDSAS and the secondary portal for McGovern (received 7/10) however I am still marked incomplete for my letters and thus my application. I understand that a person at each school must match my letter to my application and this can take time, but I see that the McGovern portal notes that the status will be updated 24 hours after the letter has been processed by TMDSAS. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about/message the school about as it has been over 24 hours since my letters have been received or if it is simply due to it being around peak time for applications and I should wait a little longer?

I have my 4 letters marked as received on both TMDSAS and the secondary portal for McGovern (received 7/10) however I am still marked incomplete for my letters and thus my application. I understand that a person at each school must match my letter to my application and this can take time, but I see that the McGovern portal notes that the status will be updated 24 hours after the letter has been processed by TMDSAS. I was wondering if this is something I should be concerned about/message the school about as it has been over 24 hours since my letters have been received or if it is simply due to it being around peak time for applications and I should wait a little longer?
Shoot them a polite email if you’re concerned! No harm no foul.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations all! I hope to join y'all soon.

Congrats those who got interview!! Do you mind sharing stats and completion dates plz?!

When schools send out IIs, do they typically send them all at once, or is it sporadic throughout the day?

Is it a bad sign to be complete in June and not get an II today? Or are they still just working through applications?

Its still way to early, in my opinion

Reactions: 4 users
Y'all I wouldn't worry too much even if you submitted in June... Looks like everyone who got an II was complete the first day or two possible (props to y'all though, and huge congrats!!!)

Reactions: 5 users
I was complete mid June and am a little worried I've been screened out or something.

Reactions: 5 users
Admissions committee have a method to their madness that we unfortunately do not understand. It definitely is anxiety inducing, but there’s nothing to do but stay hopeful and keep pushing through!

Completion dates dont much have to to do with interview invites in most cases.

There is a review completion, there is a scoring, there is a fit to mission, and there is an expectation that you are the right candidate for the school.

McGovern is one school where it does not matter when you actually get interviewed, all the way until the last interview date.

Reactions: 6 users
@skeptastic you need to post your experience here about how you were on waitlist, almost went to Dell only to change your mind in the last minute!

McGovern is one school where it does not matter when you actually get interviewed, all the way until the last interview date.

How do you know when you're interviewed doesn't matter for McGovern? Did someone from their adcom say this officially somewhere?

How do you know when you're interviewed doesn't matter for McGovern? Did someone from their adcom say this officially somewhere?
It is the way school operates in terms of how many they prematch. They only take a percentage from each round of interviews and dont prefill the class with early interviewees.

Why interrogate someone who is answering your questions knowledgeably? :caution:
Not interrogating, I was just wondering if there was a source online or something I can reference to find out more about how McGovern runs their admissions. Apologies if my message came off as interrogating, I was genuinely curious about how/where I can learn more about this process.

Also, please keep in mind students are inundated with a lot of random information about admissions (sometimes false) online. Sometimes, the only way to navigate this conflicting information is to ask for clarification and where the information originated from.

• Dislike
Not interrogating, I was just wondering if there was a source online or something I can reference to find out more about how McGovern runs their admissions. Apologies if my message came off as interrogating, I was genuinely curious about how/where I can learn more about this process.

Also, please keep in mind students are inundated with a lot of random information about admissions (sometimes false) online. Sometimes, the only way to navigate this conflicting information is to ask for clarification and where the information originated from.
SDN has enough knowledgeable people that if my knowledge is incorrect, someone corrects me or provides a different view.

Lot of what people with lots of post counts here tell you is knowledge they have acquired over years of being around. If you want to confirm whether something is true, you need to READ a lot - go back and read last 3-4 years of UT McGovern threads in order to validate for yourself.

Reactions: 2 users
Are interviews in person? The website seems to say so but interviews for most schools are still online this year.

Are interviews in person? The website seems to say so but interviews for most schools are still online this year.
Oh wait, the FAQs say that interviews are online. the Preparing to Interview page seems to imply they are in person though.

they will offer visits if you interview.

Reactions: 2 users
IS II just now!!!! My top choice!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Congratulations!! Can y'all also share stats

ii on 7/13 (new to sdn!), completed 6/12, IS. it was my first ii, good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 10 users