2023-2024 UT Houston (McGovern)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone get an II here with late july-ish complete date? Mind PMing me haha

Members don't see this ad :)
My July 15th completion date is giving me such anxiety for this school rn 😭 I love this one and have worked there dang it !

Reactions: 1 users
My July 15th completion date is giving me such anxiety for this school rn 😭 I love this one and have worked there dang it !
Haha I interviewed for a job here way back in undergrad and didn’t get it. Perhaps they learned their lesson and don’t want to interview me. 🤣

so rude of McGovern to not have given me a interview invite yet, do better please :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
I would also like a II :rofl:

Reactions: 4 users
I can attest, volleyball is amazing. Been playing for a few years now and on the club team at my university! A great stress reliever😝
Hmm, so you and volleyball lover both play volleyball and have been killing it this cycle. I think I now know what my app is missing! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I received secondary on July 24th. Is it too late to submit my secondary? I got behind because I didn't pre-write and I got burnt out applying to 45 schools.. LM 70, ORM, OOS, fluent in Spanish.. if that makes a difference.

I received secondary on July 24th. Is it too late to submit my secondary? I got behind because I didn't pre-write and I got burnt out applying to 45 schools.. LM 70, ORM, OOS, fluent in Spanish.. if that makes a difference.
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take

Members don't see this ad :)
awesome! what did you think about it? was it more relaxed and conversational or intense and structured?
I think the environment was really nice. The students really loved this school and the panels were good! As for the interviews, it was open-file so they really asked about my application. They were nice and it was mostly conversational!

I think the environment was really nice. The students really loved this school and the panels were good! As for the interviews, it was open-file so they really asked about my application. They were nice and it was mostly conversational!
thank you so much!!! can't wait for mine ◡̈

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
IS II via email, super excited!! But when I go into portal, I do not see an interview tab yet. Did this happen to anyone, maybe there is a delay idk. Hope this is not a sick joke :rofl:

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
+1 IS II, I see 4 available dates

complete 6/16
LM 70.3

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to the ones getting the IIs today. Would you mind sharing your stats and completion dates? Many thanks

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Im loving these early complete dates 😁 congrats everyone!!

Reactions: 6 users
I submitted my secondary, but under the application status on the portal it says my casper score is pending. should I contact the school or does it take a minute to update?

On a scale of 1-10 how screwed am I that I just received the secondaries and will have them in by the end of next week? Am I incredibly late in the cycle?

On a scale of 1-10 how screwed am I that I just received the secondaries and will have them in by the end of next week? Am I incredibly late in the cycle?
I know someone who was submitting secondaries in October 2022 (got MCAT score early September) and attending a medical school after receiving several interviews late in the cycle.

the interview day here was actually so nice and laid back! everyone seemed really happy to be there

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Any word on when/if McGovern is having tours for students who have interviewed?

II received 8/31. Completed 8/16. LM 70.6

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
atleast utmb gave u some love i’m still running up dry with IIs
Saaame with my 7/19 completion I'm a lower stat applicant so wasn't expecting much but was hoping my work experience would help

I interview here on Friday and the II confirmation email said I will get a reminder email the week prior to my interview with additional details. I haven't gotten this yet. Has anyone else interviewing this week gotten this email? Or anyone that already interviewed that can let me know about how many days prior to the interview that they received this email?

I interview here on Friday and the II confirmation email said I will get a reminder email the week prior to my interview with additional details. I haven't gotten this yet. Has anyone else interviewing this week gotten this email? Or anyone that already interviewed that can let me know about how many days prior to the interview that they received this email?
I got a reminder email 7 days prior (so the friday before my interview). I bet it was delayed from the holiday weekend. if you haven't heard by tomorrow afternoon I'd follow up with an email! I'm sure it's all good, you got this ◡̈

• Care
I got mine 3 days before my interview!

• Care
I got my email on September 1 and will interview this Friday, as well. I think you should email them...