2023-2024 Utah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II received! LM 73,complete mid-July

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Also got an IS II today LM is only 60.5, though. Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
"Review your application and come prepared to talk about your experiences and activities. Our interviewers will NOT see your application before your interview and will be asking generalized questions. "

For the traditional interview it'll be closed file, IDK about the MMI

Members don't see this ad :)
"Review your application and come prepared to talk about your experiences and activities. Our interviewers will NOT see your application before your interview and will be asking generalized questions. "

For the traditional interview it'll be closed file, IDK about the MMI
Thank you! The excitement at seeing an II must have hindered my reading capabilities

Received II 8/22. Super stoked! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
IS II! ORM, LM 70.5, Preview 5, complete 7/12. Seems like admissions is sending out interviews Tuesday afternoons?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied MD/PhD and was verified the first week of July, and have received all other secondaries except Utah. I have decent stats, and good ECs, my preview was done in June and my LORs were uploaded in early July is there a reason I wouldn't receive a secondary or is it appropriate to contact them to ask about it?

So does Utah accept update letters or no? I am thinking no based on their email confirming receipt of the application..."
We understand that some applicants would like to submit updates to their applications. Given the depth of the AMCAS application, the responses that you shared with us in your secondary application, and other submitted materials, our admissions committee has more than enough information to render a decision."

So does Utah accept update letters or no? I am thinking no based on their email confirming receipt of the application..."
We understand that some applicants would like to submit updates to their applications. Given the depth of the AMCAS application, the responses that you shared with us in your secondary application, and other submitted materials, our admissions committee has more than enough information to render a decision."
They don't

They're only sending out 350 interview invites this year as opposed to 500 last year, good luck everyone! :)
Did they give any context as to why?? I already got my II (thank goodness), but this is interesting to me. Do they just want to screen more or reduce the class size?

Did they give any context as to why?? I already got my II (thank goodness), but this is interesting to me. Do they just want to screen more or reduce the class size?
Idk, but hopefully it means whoever gets II are more likely to get in. Good luck everyone!
Damn is the class size getting smaller? 350 IIs for 150 spots is crazy
Idk but I thought it was only 125 acceptances, not 150.

Idk, but hopefully it means whoever gets II are more likely to get in. Good luck everyone!

Idk but I thought it was only 125 acceptances, not 150.
Whatever the class size is the num of acceptances will usually be much higher anyway since most schools plan for their accepted students to have a few options and not all will matriculate to the U. Unless they just have an insanely high yield lol

Whatever the class size is the num of acceptances will usually be much higher anyway since most schools plan for their accepted students to have a few options and not all will matriculate to the U. Unless they just have an insanely high yield lol
Oh yeah I was talking to a medical student about this it’s more like 225 acceptances, you add 50%

My interview is tomorrow, and I'm SO NERVOUS! Any last-minute tips?

Seems like it’s been a minute since they sent out II’s. I really hope another batch comes out soon

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone who has interviewed at Utah this/last cycle willing to chat with me in PMs? I have a few procedural questions about the interview.

IS II just now! Complete 9/20, LM 62, 92nd percentile on PREview. I honestly didn't think they'd take a second look at my app with my stats but this is my dream school and I am THRILLED!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
IS II just now! Complete 9/20, LM 62, 92nd percentile on PREview. I honestly didn't think they'd take a second look at my app with my stats but this is my dream school and I am THRILLED!
Congrats! Still waiting/hoping for an II from here as an IS. Submitted 7/15 with nothing :(

oh this gives me hope! similar LM as an OOS (but graduated from a SLC high school). huge congrats!

OOS II (MSTP) received 10/3. Submitted 9/26. LM 76.

Last edited:
OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s crazy.

also a reapplicant here- didn’t hear last cycle but did attend a reapp session.

complete July 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else notice a "Mentor Mixer" link in the document status section? It's beneath my undergrad LOR receipt. IA: 9/1

OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s cr

OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s crazy.

also a reapplicant here- didn’t hear last cycle but did attend a reapp session.

complete July 5.
Congrats and best wishes to you !!!

OOS II today! Submitted 7/30, LM73. Attended college in UT. First interview of the cycle for me! Good luck to everyone

Reactions: 4 users