You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Utah
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
naxredela6354
New Member
Does the U require your preview scores before they send a secondary app?
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
"Review your application and come prepared to talk about your experiences and activities. Our interviewers will NOT see your application before your interview and will be asking generalized questions. "Also got an IS II today [emoji4] LM is only 60.5, though. Does anyone know if the interview is open or closed file?
For the traditional interview it'll be closed file, IDK about the MMI
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! The excitement at seeing an II must have hindered my reading capabilities [emoji1787]"Review your application and come prepared to talk about your experiences and activities. Our interviewers will NOT see your application before your interview and will be asking generalized questions. "
For the traditional interview it'll be closed file, IDK about the MMI
ylwwj
Full Member
Does the U require your preview scores before they send a secondary a
I'm not sure, but I did have my score when I submitted my secondary.Does the U require your preview scores before they send a secondary app?
PharmDtoMD2
Pharmacist/MS0
Received II 8/22. Super stoked! Good luck everyone!
Any WWAMI Idaho residents receive a II yet?
badlikethebarbie
New Member
I haven't yet, but I came here looking for the same thing :')Any WWAMI Idaho residents receive a II yet?
star_platinum
Full Member
No, not yetAny WWAMI Idaho residents receive a II yet?
Stats?IS II received. Complete 7/25
IS II received this afternoon. LM 74. Complete 7/23.
mplantsplants
Full Member
IS II! ORM, LM 70.5, Preview 5, complete 7/12. Seems like admissions is sending out interviews Tuesday afternoons?
LM 72 and preview (if it matters lol) 7Stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
QuantumExplorer42
New Member
I applied MD/PhD and was verified the first week of July, and have received all other secondaries except Utah. I have decent stats, and good ECs, my preview was done in June and my LORs were uploaded in early July is there a reason I wouldn't receive a secondary or is it appropriate to contact them to ask about it?
Any OOS II here yet?
premed42568
Full Member
So does Utah accept update letters or no? I am thinking no based on their email confirming receipt of the application..."
We understand that some applicants would like to submit updates to their applications. Given the depth of the AMCAS application, the responses that you shared with us in your secondary application, and other submitted materials, our admissions committee has more than enough information to render a decision."
We understand that some applicants would like to submit updates to their applications. Given the depth of the AMCAS application, the responses that you shared with us in your secondary application, and other submitted materials, our admissions committee has more than enough information to render a decision."
They don'tSo does Utah accept update letters or no? I am thinking no based on their email confirming receipt of the application..."
We understand that some applicants would like to submit updates to their applications. Given the depth of the AMCAS application, the responses that you shared with us in your secondary application, and other submitted materials, our admissions committee has more than enough information to render a decision."
Huhhhh??!? Sir, explainThey're only sending out 350 interview invites this year as opposed to 500 last year, good luck everyone! 🙂
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
I heard that in the interviewHuhhhh??!? Sir, explain
Damn is the class size getting smaller? 350 IIs for 150 spots is crazyI heard that in the interview
Did they give any context as to why?? I already got my II (thank goodness), but this is interesting to me. Do they just want to screen more or reduce the class size?They're only sending out 350 interview invites this year as opposed to 500 last year, good luck everyone! 🙂
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
Idk, but hopefully it means whoever gets II are more likely to get in. Good luck everyone!Did they give any context as to why?? I already got my II (thank goodness), but this is interesting to me. Do they just want to screen more or reduce the class size?
Idk but I thought it was only 125 acceptances, not 150.Damn is the class size getting smaller? 350 IIs for 150 spots is crazy
Whatever the class size is the num of acceptances will usually be much higher anyway since most schools plan for their accepted students to have a few options and not all will matriculate to the U. Unless they just have an insanely high yield lolIdk, but hopefully it means whoever gets II are more likely to get in. Good luck everyone!
Idk but I thought it was only 125 acceptances, not 150.
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
Oh yeah I was talking to a medical student about this it’s more like 225 acceptances, you add 50%Whatever the class size is the num of acceptances will usually be much higher anyway since most schools plan for their accepted students to have a few options and not all will matriculate to the U. Unless they just have an insanely high yield lol
Did they give a timeline at all for when you can hear post interviewOh yeah I was talking to a medical student about this it’s more like 225 acceptances, you add 50%
HopefulApplicant#10395
Full Member
It’s just the AAMC timeline so 10/15 - 3/15Did they give a timeline at all for when you can hear post interview
Have any WWAMI Idaho residents gotten an II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bananacreampie
Full Member
I haven't seen any. I interviewed there last year as an Idaho resident and feel like I improved my application a lot but haven't heard anything this year.Have any WWAMI Idaho residents gotten an II?
DM me and I got youIs anyone who has interviewed at Utah this/last cycle willing to chat with me in PMs? I have a few procedural questions about the interview.
mackenzie801
Full Member
OOS II (MT) received September 27!
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
IS II just now! Complete 9/20, LM 62, 92nd percentile on PREview. I honestly didn't think they'd take a second look at my app with my stats but this is my dream school and I am THRILLED!
ThanosThighs
Full Member
Congrats! Still waiting/hoping for an II from here as an IS. Submitted 7/15 with nothing 🙁IS II just now! Complete 9/20, LM 62, 92nd percentile on PREview. I honestly didn't think they'd take a second look at my app with my stats but this is my dream school and I am THRILLED!
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
The waiting game is brutal! Hoping you will hear something soon!Congrats! Still waiting/hoping for an II from here as an IS. Submitted 7/15 with nothing 🙁
oh this gives me hope! similar LM as an OOS (but graduated from a SLC high school). huge congrats!IS II just now! Complete 9/20, LM 62, 92nd percentile on PREview. I honestly didn't think they'd take a second look at my app with my stats but this is my dream school and I am THRILLED!
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Thank you! You got this! Hoping for good news for you soon!oh this gives me hope! similar LM as an OOS (but graduated from a SLC high school). huge congrats!
Same here. Utah is by far my top school so it’s been tough.Congrats! Still waiting/hoping for an II from here as an IS. Submitted 7/15 with nothing 🙁
+1, LM 80+, similar submission dateCongrats! Still waiting/hoping for an II from here as an IS. Submitted 7/15 with nothing 🙁
OOS II (MSTP) received 10/3. Submitted 9/26. LM 76.
Last edited:
OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s crazy.
also a reapplicant here- didn’t hear last cycle but did attend a reapp session.
complete July 5.
also a reapplicant here- didn’t hear last cycle but did attend a reapp session.
complete July 5.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
plsletmebeadr
Full Member
Congrats!!! 🙂OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s crazy.
Big timeOOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s crazy.
complete July 5.
Anyone else notice a "Mentor Mixer" link in the document status section? It's beneath my undergrad LOR receipt. IA: 9/1
ylwwj
Full Member
OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s cr
Congrats and best wishes to you !!!OOS II 😭😭😭😭 i graduated high school here but am a texas resident. i’m in tears. LM 61 so that’s crazy.
also a reapplicant here- didn’t hear last cycle but did attend a reapp session.
complete July 5.