2023-2024 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have gotten, legit, like 7 emails inviting me to attend different optional student Q&As.... but as someone who is DD, I kinda feel obligated to go? Should I go to them or should I just keep ignoring them?
Same and same I am going to continue to ignore them. I don't have fast enough wifi at my house for Zoom anyway (rural) lol so I am def not going
 
People who interviewed recently - are you waiting until the upcoming student panel to submit you interview day survey? I noticed that the survey talks about a student panel, but we did not really have any on that day (and I don't think anyone did on interview day TBH). Or are you just submitting the survey leaving the student panel field blank? TY!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They did release some decisions on a Friday back in December so don't forget to anxiously refresh your email tomorrow 😘
This Is Fine GIF
 
Should I wait til I get an initial decision to send a Letter of Intent or just send it? Interviewed on Tuesday, obvs haven't heard back yet.
 
Any general recommendations or tips for the MMI? I got mine on Tuesday and I’m not sure how much prep to actually do.
 
Any general recommendations or tips for the MMI? I got mine on Tuesday and I’m not sure how much prep to actually do.
All I did was review medical ethics and think of some relevant scenarios from my life. Just be yourself and take a bit of time to think through the prompt before starting to speak (it can feel awkward but you have more time than you think). Best of luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All I did was review medical ethics and think of some relevant scenarios from my life. Just be yourself and take a bit of time to think through the prompt before starting to speak (it can feel awkward but you have more time than you think). Best of luck!
Was it a back and forth kind of MMI or just you speaking the whole time; like NYMC and NYU’s was a back and forth
 
Was it a back and forth kind of MMI or just you speaking the whole time; like NYMC and NYU’s was a back and forth
They have a question and then have follow-up questions. Just make sure you answer the question. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an email advertising the post bacc program that I graduated from! But the subject line at least said that, so only minor heart attack
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all! I know that you have to sign the NDA before the interview, but does anyone have any general advice before I jump into the MMI this Friday? I've been told you can only prep so much for the MMI since it can be literally anything but it feels super wrong to not prep at all.
 
Hey all! I know that you have to sign the NDA before the interview, but does anyone have any general advice before I jump into the MMI this Friday? I've been told you can only prep so much for the MMI since it can be literally anything but it feels super wrong to not prep at all.
I recommend reading up on the UW Ethics in Medicine page and practicing how you would respond to the case studies at the bottom of each section before reading their response! I’ve been using it to prep for my MMI with another school 🙂
 
Hey all! I know that you have to sign the NDA before the interview, but does anyone have any general advice before I jump into the MMI this Friday? I've been told you can only prep so much for the MMI since it can be literally anything but it feels super wrong to not prep at all.
i honestly did no prep at all and didnt have any trouble answering anything. the questions are designed to provoke your thoughts, not test your knowledge