You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I called and the SOM Admissions Office is closed.
planthoarder
Full Member
IS A!!! Just now! Interviewed 2/14!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS A!
I don’t see anything???
Me neither 🙁I don’t see anything???
zerobaseonetrash
Full Member
i think you only hear if you get an A i think?I don’t see anything???
peninsula⛱️
Full Member
Fingers crossed they're hopefully just in wavesI don’t see anything???
choppedliver
Full Member
they only send acceptances, they won't necessarily contact people who were not accepted :/
OOS A!! Interviewed 9/14!! FIRST A OF THE CYCLE!! So happy lol was expecting a WL today
You don’t see anything unless you get an A. Several people on here (including myself) have gotten passed up multiple times this cycle. At this point I hope I can even make the waitlist.i think you only hear if you get an A i think?
snowywinter7
Full Member
I wish we were just notified of our status, the waiting game is painful y’all
snowywinter7
Full Member
Do they go out in one big batch or should we keep an eye on our emails for the next thirty minutes or so?
Are all As sent at the same time?
choppedliver
Full Member
they were in the past acceptance datesAre all As sent at the same time?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1143918
They're usually sent all at once pretty much (and appear in the portal). Passed up 4 times rip but the WL has decent movement I think
man, having no A my mid march with 5 interviews done is brutal :/
Onto the waitlist we go! Lol I just wanted the wait to end. This school has really good waitlist movement I know!
Right there with you man. The hardest thing for me is not knowing what I did wrong.man, having no A my mid march with 5 interviews done is brutal :/
+1 Lol, this close to giving upRight there with you man. The hardest thing for me is not knowing what I did wrong.
soooo if we didnt hear back, are we waitlisted?
From the portal: "If you do not receive an offer of admission from us on either of the two remaining offer dates, it is very likely you will be invited to be on our waitlist. If this is the case, you will receive an email from us in the mid- to late-March timeframe with more information."soooo if we didnt hear back, are we waitlisted?
My guess is we'll hear more about that in early April.
Ah gotcha, thanks!From the portal: "If you do not receive an offer of admission from us on either of the two remaining offer dates, it is very likely you will be invited to be on our waitlist. If this is the case, you will receive an email from us in the mid- to late-March timeframe with more information."
My guess is we'll hear more about that in early April.
The question is, how likely is very likely? MSAR reports that VCU’s waitlist is usually between 100-150 people deep, of which 75-100 are pulled off. There are far more than 150 people left on hold post interview, meaning that VCU may reject a large number of people from the hold pool. If not, then the WL will actually be closer to 300 people deep in which case the odds of getting off of it aren’t nearly as good. This process is exhausting 😮💨From the portal: "If you do not receive an offer of admission from us on either of the two remaining offer dates, it is very likely you will be invited to be on our waitlist. If this is the case, you will receive an email from us in the mid- to late-March timeframe with more information."
My guess is we'll hear more about that in early April.
Where do you see this in the portal?From the portal: "If you do not receive an offer of admission from us on either of the two remaining offer dates, it is very likely you will be invited to be on our waitlist. If this is the case, you will receive an email from us in the mid- to late-March timeframe with more information."
My guess is we'll hear more about that in early April.
It’s part of the update email that was sent back on 1/5.Where do you see this in the portal?
Mine has different wording, it says:It’s part of the update email that was sent back on 1/5.
"We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."
ChocolateCookieCake
Full Member
Guys!!! Omg IS A! 🥹❤️❤️❤️ Interviewed in October I think. I thought I was gonna get WL after being passed up for the first 3 dates.😭
This is the wording I have tooMine has different wording, it says:
"We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."
I got that same email when they first notified me about being on hold several months ago. The notification mrsomeone quoted was part of an additional update email sent by VCU back in early January. The original hold email definitely sounds more optimistic so I choose to cling to what that one says 😂Mine has different wording, it says:
"We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have that wording from the communication titled "Hold After Selection Committee," which I got after my interview.Mine has different wording, it says:
"We anticipate making acceptance offers on October 17, December 16, February 1, and March 15. Your profile will remain on hold until such time that you receive an offer of admission (on one of the above dates) or you are invited to be on the alternate list, which will be formulated in mid-March."
The other one I quoted was from the communication titled "Reminders on our admission process," which was the most recent communication from 1/5/24.
Did not receive this one, but I did interview a little after 01/05 hahaI have that wording from the communication titled "Hold After Selection Committee," which I got after my interview.
The other one I quoted was from the communication titled "Reminders on our admission process," which was the most recent communication from 1/5/24.
I am going to choose to believe the MSAR data about waitlist movement at face value, I feel that it would not be that inaccurate if it is reported, maybe someone can call about this just to be sure. This could be the optimism in me speaking though, or maybe the wishful thinking in me 😊
Yes if someone could call about this that would be greatI am going to choose to believe the MSAR data about waitlist movement at face value, I feel that it would not be that inaccurate if it is reported, maybe someone can call about this just to be sure. This could be the optimism in me speaking though, or maybe the wishful thinking in me 😊
For anyone in the 2025 cycle looking thru this thread, the acceptances for the 2024 cycle offer dates were sent out at the times listed below (all EST). For each date it seems that there was only one wave of acceptance emails.So far this cycle their decisions have come out at 6:00 PM, 9:30 AM, and like 2:00 PM. they really like to keep us on our toes lol.
October 16 - 6 pm
Saturday December 16 --> Monday December 18 - 9:30 am
February 1 - 2 pm
March 15 - 6 pm
Last edited:
They have to make the waitlist first and notify everyone who is invited to be on it, so my guess is that it probably wouldn’t begin moving until April at the absolute earliest.Could WL movement start as soon as Monday? On the presentation it mentions movement starts after 3/15...
peninsula⛱️
Full Member
Just now? Or a while back?OOS A! First of the cycle!
Email came at 3:10Just now? Or a while back?
choppedliver
Full Member
It's true, ~50% of their last class came off the waitlist (my friend is an M1). They only admit for the 186 seats, so every seat that someone passes on goes to the waitlist.I am going to choose to believe the MSAR data about waitlist movement at face value, I feel that it would not be that inaccurate if it is reported, maybe someone can call about this just to be sure. This could be the optimism in me speaking though, or maybe the wishful thinking in me 😊
choppedliver
Full Member
EST?Email came at 3:10
sorry no PST! my badEST?
According to admit.org, twice that number received admission by the end of the latest cycle. Guess the WL chances are pretty good then.It's true, ~50% of their last class came off the waitlist (my friend is an M1). They only admit for the 186 seats, so every seat that someone passes on goes to the waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they do. This quote is from the 2023 cycle alternate list email (found in last year's thread):Does anyone know if they inform us about our position on the WL as well?
"We anticipate withdrawals from our existing class over the next several months, with peak turnover of seats typically occurring in the April - May timeframe. It is at this time that candidates who hold multiple seats are asked to finalize their decisions. We do not give out any details on the rank of candidates on the Alternate List, but be assured we will notify you immediately when, and if, we are able to offer you an acceptance. Further, only those candidates with a reasonable chance of receiving a potential offer are invited to join the Alternate List. In the event that we do not have sufficient withdrawals to be able to offer you a seat, you will be notified in late-July or earlier."
oatmealgirl333
New Member
Does anyone know if there is an admitted students facebook or group me?
swagdaddyja
Full Member
Anyone know if there are records of offering dates other than march 15th?