You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Wayne State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
🖐️Anyone submit secondary in July and still not hear anything back yet? 🙁 LM 71
+1Anyone submit secondary in July and still not hear anything back yet? 🙁 LM 71
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yet they had still been sending promotional emails to apply...
around 25% of A's are given out (assuming they give out around 600-700 A's).
Hey, I also received the email telling me to apply since there are interview spots still left. I already have a secondary from this school and am debating applying since my LM is 65.3 but I feel like I align with their mission. Did anyone who applied with similar stats get an interview/does anyone have thoughts on me applying? Would appreciate any feedback!!
D
deleted1137407
Another on ramp email [emoji22]
Lordy😴Another on ramp email [emoji22]
JustTryingToVibe
New Member
For acceptances, did you recieve an email or a phone call? I feel like this email is a mistake due to short timeline since interview.
Happisquirrell
Full Member
Congrats! When was your secondary complete?II just now!!!! IS, non-trad, strong ties (crying excessively)
Last edited:
7/25Congrats! When were your secondary complete?
A just now. Interviewed 11/10. So happyyyyyyyy. Thanks Wayne state
Just got the A. interviewed 11/06. Absolutely insanely happy about this, Wayne State made the dream come true!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
donc je suis
Full Member
II today
when were you complete if you dont mind?II today
Also, the link to the on ramp session tomorrow doesn't work for me. Is this the case for anyone else?
IS II today - complete 10/11!
yes this happened to me too but i just found it and registered myself. Google "wayne state medicine events" and look for ramp event and rsvp there. It worked when i did that. I think the link for RSVP they included was broken.Also, the link to the on ramp session tomorrow doesn't work for me. Is this the case for anyone else?
ScienzRules
Full Member
Last night, I was waiting for a certain school to reply and then I saw an email under the mdadmissions tag. Turns out it's just Wayne State sending emails about some part of their curriculum that they would like to share in a webinar. I'm happy with my cycle so far so I did not take it super personally, but I know a bunch of people who are still waiting for their first II. To see an email under this tag must have been disheartening to them. I hope more people call them out considering that their practice does indirectly pray on people's emotions just to get people to spend money on their applications. By no means do I mean to discredit the people who got into Wayne State and I am sure students there will be successful but I am not a fan of how they advertise their program to pre-meds.
scienzrules for president 2024! frfr thoLast night, I was waiting for a certain school to reply and then I saw an email under the mdadmissions tag. Turns out it's just Wayne State sending emails about some part of their curriculum that they would like to share in a webinar. I'm happy with my cycle so far so I did not take it super personally, but I know a bunch of people who are still waiting for their first II. To see an email under this tag must have been disheartening to them. I hope more people call them out considering that their practice does indirectly pray on people's emotions just to get people to spend money on their applications. By no means do I mean to discredit the people who got into Wayne State and I am sure students there will be successful but I am not a fan of how they advertise their program to pre-meds.
veggie.veg
Full Member
WL today interviewed 11/13/23. 🙁 Here’s to hoping for movement off WL
i hear Wayne has plenty of WL movement but that just my 2 cents. rooting for ya!WL today interviewed 11/13/23. 🙁 Here’s to hoping for movement off WL
WL today, interview 11/13 as well. They're really churning through those apps. Fingers crossed though
congrats! mind sharing stats?IS II today - complete 10/11!
dorastwin
Full Member
email, I think mine said there would be a delay in getting the physical letterFor acceptances, did you recieve an email or a phone call? I feel like this email is a mistake due to short timeline since interview.
It was a very quick turnaround IMO
scullybythesword
Full Member
Congrats! Do you mind sharing stats?OOS II today!! Complete 9/23
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats! mind sharing stats?
I don't mind - 3.71 cumulative GPA, 3.5 science GPA, 500 MCAT
Aqua Life
Full Member
503 mcat, 3.48 cGPA, great experiences and clinical hoursCongrats! Do you mind sharing stats?
Maybesomeday
Full Member
IS complete early August & complete silence..late August and still nothing :/
That’s awesome, thanks for being so detailed! Congrats and good luck with the interview!I don't mind - 3.71 cumulative GPA, 3.5 science GPA, 500 MCAT
No problem! Thank you so much <3That’s awesome, thanks for being so detailed! Congrats and good luck with the interview!
D
deleted1174679
If I send an update and interest letter will I get an interview? Has this happened to anyone?
D
deleted1174679
I sent an update letter, will this help getting an interview?I am a current M1 at Wayne. If anyone has questions feel free to ask me. I'm from out of state and got off the waitlist in May after interviewing in August. 3.9/516.
current M2 here. nothing is guaranteed, otherwise everyone would be sending an update and interest letterIf I send an update and interest letter will I get an interview? Has this happened to anyone?
do you mind if you please share with us what those experiences are503 mcat, 3.48 cGPA, great experiences and clinical hours
INeedAssistance
Full Member
Wayne state please talk to me! it's been so lonely out here, stop giving me the silent treatment! 🙁
D
deleted1171273
pre-ii R
Woop99
Full Member
pre-ii R
i’m sorry about that :/ do you mind sharing your complete date? if not, that’s totally ok!
D
deleted1174679
SAME!Wayne state please talk to me! it's been so lonely out here, stop giving me the silent treatment! 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
INeedAssistance
Full Member
It's been the silent treatment since july 😢SAME!
Edit: except for their notorious ads
D
deleted1171273
7/15i’m sorry about that :/ do you mind sharing your complete date? if not, that’s totally ok!
D
deleted1174679
I dont get the adds. Silence since July here too .It's been the silent treatment since july 😢
Edit: except for their notorious ads
D
deleted1174679
I was told to apply early otherwise I will be put on back burner. I applied early and I think I have been on back burner or misplaced. People who say they were complete or submitted in August or September already have acceptances. Maybe I should have submitted later in the cycle to get noticed. This is not just for this school but others also. 😢
People who have gotten IIs recently, did you post an update letter?