2023-2024 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an email about scholarships for admitted students even tho they rejected mešŸ¤£
Maybe they secretly admitted you lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I think they should have a bidding war for the last 3 II's. I'd pay a few grand.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lol just got the "error" email about the admitted students man they love playing in my face

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wayne has crazy WL movement. if you send LOIntent I think you guys have solid shots of getting off the waitlist. Good luck!

I think itā€™s officially over for ppl who didnā€™t get an II - last interview was yesterdayšŸ„²

rip. really wanted an II here. heres to hoping I get into one of my two state schools.

I meant the LOIntent part, would a LOInterest be okay as well?
honestly any kinda letter would be good but if you want to secure the acceptance a letter of intent would probably be more valued than a letter of interest. I met with dean of admissions at a school and they let me know if you make it known you want to attend their school they put a little more effort into making sure you get accepted.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how Wayne feels about deferrals, especially if coming of the wait list? Iā€™m currently waitlisted and need to sign for housing soon if I want a place to live next year at my current location. This is important because in order to bolster my application I want to remain close to resources. Anyways I would need to commute for M1 if I ultimately get in, while I know this would be doable and I would fully do if no other choice, Iā€™m wondering if deferral is worth trying to obtain?

Is it just me or was WSU match list super impressive this year?

Has anyone got a R post interview? Or does everyone get waitlisted. Trying to manage my expectations here haha.

Anyone who interviewed and got WL in November hear anything yet?
I've had radio silence since my WL in November, but I vaguely remember seeing some people on here get pulled off it pretty quickly back in January. I don't know if there's been much movement since then though.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know how Wayne feels about deferrals, especially if coming of the wait list? Iā€™m currently waitlisted and need to sign for housing soon if I want a place to live next year at my current location. This is important because in order to bolster my application I want to remain close to resources. Anyways I would need to commute for M1 if I ultimately get in, while I know this would be doable and I would fully do if no other choice, Iā€™m wondering if deferral is worth trying to obtain?
See if you can renew your lease on a month-to-month basis for now until you know for sure whether you will be attending med school this year.

Medical schools only offer deferrals on a case-by-case basis for serious reasons like major health issues. "I signed a lease far from your school" would not be a valid reason. Even if you do end up signing a lease again for a year right now, there should be a clause in the lease about re-letting if you are not able to live there the entire year. You will usually pay some fee to your landlord and perhaps lose your deposit, but wouldn't be stuck with the rest of the month's payments.

IS WL just now, interviewed 3/6. heard back quickly, not sure if it's a good or bad thing...