2023-2024 West Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the question regarding working with someone from a diff background-- can this be a patient encounter or does it mean like peer collaboration (or both lol) Just want to see how yall approached it! Also double checking they only allow one LOR right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So do they not reject after secondaries? Seems like it’s either II or waitlist for everyone
Yeah haven’t seen any rejections after secondaries yet. Like someone said earlier seems like a soft rejection, but they mention in email that “your primary and secondary applications were favorably reviewed”
 
So if they waitlist you on interview, they will email you that right, since there is not really a status page on the portal itself, haven't heard from anything yet but I am also an international
yes correct, I received an email. However, the is no changes reflected on the portal.
 
Rejected. Need MCAT score taken within 2 years of expected matriculation (after 08/2021)
From their website "Scores will be accepted from exams taken between September 2020 and September 2023 for Regular Decision Applicants."

Was that just a lie????
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks so much for the information, just one final question if you don’t mind, do you have a strong connected to wvu?
No you’re totally fine! And I do not have any regional ties, I have never been there before. However, I have some other “ties” that make it a little unique, which I wrote about. Feel free to pm me and I can explain further.
 
can you submit more than one LOR?
I believe so, because it doesn’t say anything about having a maximum amount of letters. But they say that additional letters of recommendation outside of one won’t increase a candidates competitiveness. So I am wondering as well, will they just look at the first one they read?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad