2023-2024 William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine (WCUCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
By WL do you mean the "alternate list?" Also, do you know if everyone is guaranteed to get off the alternate list?
Yes, as far as I know they are interchangeable. The only people that know that is the adcom tbh. I was ranked 6th on 6/5 and then got accepted 6/9. Last cycle, I had 1 acceptance until mid-May and then received 7 acceptances in the end of May and beginning of June. It's not over till it's over.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Can any current or admitted international students help me with the loan progress.

Just got acceptance, moved from AL. Can some one invite me to group me

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about apartments, I’m doing the leasing application and they need to verify my income. Since my income will be $0 do I just upload financial aid info? I haven’t applied for FAFSA yet so does anyone know if I can email someone at school and they would give me some sort of document w the loan amount that I could upload?

I have a question about apartments, I’m doing the leasing application and they need to verify my income. Since my income will be $0 do I just upload financial aid info? I haven’t applied for FAFSA yet so does anyone know if I can email someone at school and they would give me some sort of document w the loan amount that I could upload?
Email Ms. Erica Martin! She can get you the COA that you can give them

Are most people who are interviewing now being put on the alternate list?

Are most people who are interviewing now being put on the alternate list?
I think so, they mentioned in my interview that at this point they are not adding people to the waitlist (deferred list) because the class is full, we would either get rejected or placed in the alternate list. They also mentioned that the alternate list is acceptance but not just yet, and that they have always been able to accommodate everyone on the alternate list. Not sure about that, but that's what they said.

When was your interview

Are there any preferred brands for the diagnostic equipment that should be bought? Also, naming conventions/colors for scrubs?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think so, they mentioned in my interview that at this point they are not adding people to the waitlist (deferred list) because the class is full, we would either get rejected or placed in the alternate list. They also mentioned that the alternate list is acceptance but not just yet, and that they have always been able to accommodate everyone on the alternate list. Not sure about that, but that's what they said.

When was your interview
It's next week.

I just received the call !! My first acceptance ever!:soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
do we need both our name and the patch embroidered on our scrubs? any current med students can comment on this

does anyone know if wcucom's drug test is a urine sample or hair follicle.. thank you!

Interview invite today! Any tips? anyone know questions they ask?

Interview invite today! Any tips? anyone know questions they ask?
Why do?
Why do you want to be a doctor?
Where do you see yourself practicing?
Which specialty do you want to get into?
Did you shadow a DO? why not
Tell me about how you have demonstrated leadership
Are you ok with the Technical Standards of the School

Reactions: 1 users
Does the program have accommodations for OMM lab dress code? Due to religious reasons, I cannot wear a sports bra and shorts. I figured there would be accommodations but not sure. Thanks!

Does the program have accommodations for OMM lab dress code? Due to religious reasons, I cannot wear a sports bra and shorts. I figured there would be accommodations but not sure. Thanks!
This is a very specific question for me in the interview. Please reach out to find out specific waivers

How did you guys book the drug test? I bought it from U.S drug testing center and had mine done today at Quest Diagnostics but they told me that they can not directly send the results to the school instead I will have to give a medical release form to fax the school. However, WCUCOM states that they want it sent directly? Did anyone have this issue? I don’t want to waste $100 for no reason while having to take the test again.

there isn't a dress code, we all wear scrubs. P/F
hahahaha you know there is a dress code my friend!!! hehehe ;) class scrubs or business casual but obviously they are pretty relaxed about it as long as you have on class color scrub bottoms its chill!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
absolutely accommodations available.

had some questions about the titers we have to get if someone could help! so do we go to a PCP to get them to order these titers for us and then get our blood drawn? and once we get those results, if they say we are immune all we have to do is send the school those results? and if we are not immune, we have to get boosters? just wanted to make sure I fully understand before spending the money to get these done 😅

When do we get more information about the blood test/drug test? I don’t think I received an email about it yet.

hahahaha you know there is a dress code my friend!!! hehehe ;) class scrubs or business casual but obviously they are pretty relaxed about it as long as you have on class color scrub bottoms its chill!
That's what I thought from reading the handbook! So scrub bottoms and anything on top is fine? Or just full scrubs

I was just invited to interview today, I‘m accepted elsewhere but still would like to consider the opportunity. Is it worth it to even concern myself at this point? Or would I just be interviewing for a seat on the waitlist?

Received interview invite ! international

Last edited:
Current students, how much loan money are you receiving from FAFSA in the form of "Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loans?"

Current students, how much loan money are you receiving from FAFSA in the form of "Direct Stafford Unsubsidized Loans?"
The maximum amount, $40,500. You can take out more with the Grad PLUS or private loans

That's what I thought from reading the handbook! So scrub bottoms and anything on top is fine? Or just full scrubs
technically full scrubs. you need to have 2-3 of the embroidered scrub tops and bottoms per the guidelines. they will hold you to this for CSA's, certain patient encounters, etc. but day to day you can usually get by after the first few weeks with class color scrub pants and a sweater/jacket/etc. but i'd probs wait a month or so before i tried it hahahaa

when is the second deposit due? is all the info coming to your personal emails or the wcucom email?