-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Indiana
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
lean.idler
Full Member
I'm missing a rec letter hopefully that's why
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IU doesn't reject people who have interviewed till MayI don't think there is a correlation. However, I think A/R results, related to IIs, will be sent out at the end of this month. Therefore, a confirmation of "under consideration" would likely indicate that one would receive results for the given month.
Last edited:
D
deleted1180326
hi just received an II this morning, how does the scheduling process work? do we fill out everything they asked for?
Do we get the scheduling email after we submit the forms and application fee?
TheHelper74
Full Member
Do we get the scheduling email after we submit the forms and application fee?
Scheduling email will come after everything is submitted and fee is paid. There is often a delay between you completing the process and receiving your interview date email. You can see this earlier in the thread.
TheHelper74
Full Member
hi just received an II this morning, how does the scheduling process work? do we fill out everything they asked for?
Yes. Complete what they require and then pay the fee. Then wait for the interview date email. It may take awhile to get the email. You can see this earlier in the thread.
TheHelper74
Full Member
OOS II earlier this morning. App received 8/30
Chef is cookin’ with gas!
OOS II earlier this morning. App received 8/30
With all these dubs I think it’s time you change your pfp toOOS II this morning!! Submitted primary 6/9, verification 8/27, LM 78
Finally got the app received email, primary verified 7/18
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premed25548384
Full Member
Is it too late to apply here?
TheHelper74
Full Member
Is it too late to apply here?
IS or OOS?
premed25548384
Full Member
OOS!IS or OOS?
TheHelper74
Full Member
OOS!
They highly favor IS so keep that in mind. It is still early, so shoot your shot if you really like the school and are a strong mission fit. If not, maybe pass.
If I received an interview invite on 8/21 and they still haven't verified my prereqs or sent me an interview date yet should I reach out? I know they take a while but I've had everything done for a while and am unsure if there is some administrative error.
tomatosoup1
Full Member
i just got my interview date scheduled but in the portal it says type: MD Muncie - does this mean I am only being considered for the Muncie campus and not the main campus? No other correspondence has mentioned Muncie before this so I’m very confused
lean.idler
Full Member
it's the campus they're interviewing FROM lol, idk why it says that. there's no distinction between campuses at this pointi just got my interview date scheduled but in the portal it says type: MD Muncie - does this mean I am only being considered for the Muncie campus and not the main campus? No other correspondence has mentioned Muncie before this so I’m very confused
tomatosoup1
Full Member
omg okay thank you for the clarification 😭 i was so confused. i saw on reddit from a few years back that people rank the campuses after being accepted, does anyone know if that’s still true?it's the campus they're interviewing FROM lol, idk why it says that. there's no distinction between campuses at this point
lean.idler
Full Member
Accepted applicants are assigned to one of 9 IUSM campuses based on twoomg okay thank you for the clarification 😭 i was so confused. i saw on reddit from a few years back that people rank the campuses after being accepted, does anyone know if that’s still true?
factors:
– Student preference
– Availability of space
• To assure equitable treatment, a computer-based “lottery” system is used to
assign accepted applicants based on their ranked campus preferences and the
availability of campus openings.
– Shortly after receiving offers of acceptance, applicants will be directed to rank their
campus preferences in the Applicant Portal System. All nine campuses must be
ranked, 1 through 9.
– In the early Spring, accepted applicants will be assigned to a campus location based
on the submission date of the campus preference list and the availability of space.
– The campus preference list can be updated/changed up until the campus assignment
process occurs.
lean.idler
Full Member
they use a COMPUTER based lottery system :O
exileinandersonville
Full Member
If I received an interview invite on 8/21 and they still haven't verified my prereqs or sent me an interview date yet should I reach out? I know they take a while but I've had everything done for a while and am unsure if there is some administrative error.
I don't think there's any harm in reaching out to check but they do take a while. It took over a month after my II to get my date (II 7/26, scheduled on 9/5) and I had everything done within a week of getting the II. They didn't check off my prereqs until after I had the interview date scheduled either.
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
This makes me feel a lot better. I emailed the Dean's evaluation because they emailed me to do so (my University doesn't sign documents from other institutions they send their own). They also haven't verified my letters of rec which were received back in June, or my pre-reqs LOLI don't think there's any harm in reaching out to check but they do take a while. It took over a month after my II to get my date (II 7/26, scheduled on 9/5) and I had everything done within a week of getting the II. They didn't check off my prereqs until after I had the interview date scheduled either.
lean.idler
Full Member
Letters of rec finally in => under consideration email!
lean.idler
Full Member
I don't think it's due to prereqs. I don't have mine finished yet but interviewedIf I received an interview invite on 8/21 and they still haven't verified my prereqs or sent me an interview date yet should I reach out? I know they take a while but I've had everything done for a while and am unsure if there is some administrative error.
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
Did you basically have to play a waiting game for them to process your letters of rec and other materials?Letters of rec finally in => under consideration email!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lean.idler
Full Member
No. My letter of rec just came in weds. And everything else was already processed in JulyDid you basically have to play a waiting game for them to process your letters of rec and other materials?
commodore305
Full Member
anyone complete in late july still waiting on an application received email?
southerncar
Full Member
Primary verified 7/24. Nothing from the schoolanyone complete in late july still waiting on an application received email?
D
deleted1191767
If I received an interview invite on 8/21 and they still haven't verified my prereqs or sent me an interview date yet should I reach out? I know they take a while but I've had everything done for a while and am unsure if there is some administrative error.
This is my situation too. Got the II on 8/21 and just waiting to get my date scheduled. So probably not an administrative error!
Still nothing 🙁
im sure you can try to ask them. There were certain conditions if you met, you may be considered IS. I think it doesnt hurt to ask them, and try to appeal if you fit the criteria for instate.II OOS 8/21 sec 8/12
Got email saying wont b considered instate though I am out of state for brief period for post bac .. last year paid part year IN state taxes
Guess living in state thr high school college doesnt count. IU course is also my transcript
sarasophia
New Member
Any ED results ?
Anyone who got the II last week got the scheduling email yet?
Congrats! Did you get a letter or an email?ACCEPTED ED!!!!!
sarasophia
New Member
congrats! may i ask what were your stats?II received on 7/17, Acceptance 9/26!!
eggfriedrice
Full Member
+1 II (OOS w/ no ties). Primary was received on 09/05
jerboajuice
Full Member
ED acceptance today via letter !!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1191767
.
Last edited by a moderator:
lean.idler
Full Member
Congrats everyone!!
greymolerat
Full Member
OOS Pre-II R just now