2024-2025 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R [emoji[emoji639][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji639]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji639]]]
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an II today, and it is asking me to upload a 2"x2" headshot. Does anyone know or confirmed if it has to actually be 2"x2" (like does it have to show up as 2"x2" on paper) or is it ok if it is just a square?
If it has to be literally 2"x2" how do I go about doing that lol. I'm worried if it's too small it'll be blurry

On my other secondaries I've just been uploading a square image but now I realize it is not literally 2"x2" but it looks fine on the portal.

Edit: by the way I submitted 9/7 and LM 75
 
same here, I felt like mine was decently stressful. person kept on asking follow-ups on my responses
 
what are stress interviews? all my interviews seem like stress interviews🙁
same here, I felt like mine was decently stressful. person kept on asking follow-ups on my responses
An example of a stress interview would be your interviewer asking you an ethical question and passionately disagreeing with every aspect of your answer, demanding you explain and switch to their viewpoint. Another example would be your interviewer outright saying they don’t think you are qualified to be a doctor, and that your experiences are not sufficient.

They are designed to make you feel bad and put you in a challenging situation to see how you react.
 
OOS II for Florida campus!


The email I got didn't say anything about the first two years, does anyone have any info on when they let you know if you're being considered for AZ or MN in the pre-clinical years?
I was also curious about this! I reached out and they said to assume it's based off your first choice. So if MN/FL was your first choice and then AZ/FL, assume MN 🙂
 
Has anyone heard back for MD/PhD yet? CycleTrack shows that no one has heard back yet, but that seems odd considering they sent a lot of interview invites in September last year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back for MD/PhD yet? CycleTrack shows that no one has heard back yet, but that seems odd considering they sent a lot of interview invites in September last year.
I’m also still waiting. Their MSTP website indicates that this year they will start sending IIs in early October, so they will probably start sending them soon.
 
im sorry what xD

tf is a "highly ranked" email
Apparently last year they sent out emails to applicants post-interview letting them know that the admissions committee assigned them a high score and encouraging them to submit LOIs. Some people that got the email got waitlisted, and others that didn't get the email got an A, but it seemed to predict As fairly well. There's more info in last year's thread, but I think they started sending them in November.
 
Is everyone guaranteed to receive either a II or Pre-II hold or R? Or is it possible that you literally won't get anything until March 1st?
 
Is everyone guaranteed to receive either a II or Pre-II hold or R? Or is it possible that you literally won't get anything until March 1st?
I wish I knew... cycle track has a few more mass rejection waves in November according to last year, so I hope we get an update at some point. I am low stat for them so don't know why they haven't ripped the bandaid off. Still complete radio silence here (secondary submitted 8/1) (and at case western (submitted 7/18)). Starting to lose my mind im not gonna lie
 
Ok ik this is an insane question but: since the interview dress code is "business professional," do you think the interviewers will view me negatively if I wear just a blouse but not a suit jacket 😭
 
Ok ik this is an insane question but: since the interview dress code is "business professional," do you think the interviewers will view me negatively if I wear just a blouse but not a suit jacket 😭
id like to think people won't judge your efficacy to be a doctor based on whether or not you wear a suit jacket, but it can never hurt in these interviews to be over dressed
 
Ok ik this is an insane question but: since the interview dress code is "business professional," do you think the interviewers will view me negatively if I wear just a blouse but not a suit jacket [emoji24]

Mayo lowkey cares a lot about dress code (they wear business professional every day in school/clinic also), so if you have a suit jacket I would wear it. Agree that it should not matter but I personally wouldn’t take the chance if you have the option!
 
Should I send a thank-you letter to my interviewer via email in addition to uploading them on the portal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad