2024-2025 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II today. Complete on 7/1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Current OMS 1 here at shsu. Happy to answer any questions!

Current OMS 1 here at shsu. Happy to answer any questions!
Hey! I interviewed at SHSU last month and was just so impressed by the school and it is definitely somewhere I could see myself at. I was wondering if you have any insight to the post interview acceptance rate? I know SHSU interviews quite a bit of applicants. Just curious what my chances are of getting an A after interviewing I guess

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I interviewed at SHSU last month and was just so impressed by the school and it is definitely somewhere I could see myself at. I was wondering if you have any insight to the post interview acceptance rate? I know SHSU interviews quite a bit of applicants. Just curious what my chances are of getting an A after interviewing I guess
If you loved it rank it # 1 for the match!
Best of luck

Sorry for the late reply, we had our first anatomy exams yesterday. I am not sure about hard statistics which I am sure you could find on the website, but from what I remember from my interview they planned to interview roughly 600 and took 162. So, you're looking at roughly 29% chance based on those numbers, but there is a lot that goes into how schools rank candidates pre and post interview which @Goro and @wysdoc have made posts.

Anyways, hopefully we will see you on campus in the fall and good luck on any other interviews you have!!

They'll probably accept at least 320 for a school with 160 seats.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi I am have not received any secondary from shsu com. Should I reach out? A little worried since my application was received 06/27. Thanks!

Hi I am have not received any secondary from shsu com. Should I reach out? A little worried since my application was received 06/27. Thanks!
Are you sure that you released your MCAT score to TMDSAS? That’s an extra step needed for the TMDSAS and AACOMAS applications.
If you have done that, yes email them & ask for a secondary

Are you sure that you released your MCAT score to TMDSAS? That’s an extra step needed for the TMDSAS and AACOMAS applications.
If you have done that, yes email them & ask for a secondary
Yes scores were submitted and verified as received. I will reach out thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite just now. Complete 8/13.

Reactions: 5 users
Can anyone kind of explain the match process does it guarantee an acceptance, and if not what are the typical odds of matching given multiple interviews?

Can anyone kind of explain the match process does it guarantee an acceptance, and if not what are the typical odds of matching given multiple interviews?
It does not guarantee an acceptance. Here is the link to information and a video about the match process. I’ve heard people say if you get three interviews you are likely to get an A… but at the same time, this is not always true. You can interview at one school and get accepted and you can interview at five schools and not get accepted. I don’t know of any definite information on those stats.

Last edited:
If anyone doesnt mind sharing, how was the student ambassador group interview/what was that like? IIRC they didn't have that last year?