2023-2024 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldnt say its a bad thing at all. Just a signal that they finished going over your application
ok thank you. got it last night at 10:30 and was so worried about why it was sent so late and what it meant. I appreciate the reassurance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to everyone that has prematched!!!! I am hoping that the rest of us will get good news as well.
I was reading through TMDSAS and they mentioned that the last day for schools to send a pre match offer is January 31st, so I am excited to see if they send any before the end of today and tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 users
someone earlier had said that the school told them they would have one more wave of offers, so I think yesterdays might have been it. Hope that is wrong tho lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I guess we all wait till match day :):)
Has anyone who interviewed Nov 3rd gotten a pre match?

Well, I guess we all wait till match day :):)
Has anyone who interviewed Nov 3rd gotten a pre match?

A buddy of mine that goes there now interviewed there early nov and got a pre-match mid dec. his LizzyM score was 63. I interviewed late September and didn’t get a prematch till late Jan. It’s so variable unfortunately.

It’s a totally different feeling going into this year compared to my last two years. Frustration -> Confidence

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Good Luck to those participating in Match day! Does anyone know of an accepted students Facebook group/ groupMe? My acceptance letter said to look for it but I can not find it 🤦‍♀️

Good Luck to those participating in Match day! Does anyone know of an accepted students Facebook group/ groupMe? My acceptance letter said to look for it but I can not find it 🤦‍♀️
“Your acceptance is contingent on your ability to find the Facebook group. Good luck 😈”

Good Luck to those participating in Match day! Does anyone know of an accepted students Facebook group/ groupMe? My acceptance letter said to look for it but I can not find it

If you find it lmk bc I haven’t been able to find it either

Members don't see this ad :)
If you find it lmk bc I haven’t been able to find it either
Based on the acceptance letter saying "This is not an official group, it is managed by students", I am guessing someone has to make the Facebook group/ group me. I am assuming after match day someone will volunteer....

Based on the acceptance letter saying "This is not an official group, it is managed by students", I am guessing someone has to make the Facebook group/ group me. I am assuming after match day someone will volunteer....

Y'all are free to make your own groupme. There is not faculty/staff in our groupmes, just our class and some upperclassmen that helped us with info as they had some extra time to help. I would make it but it should be somebody from your class so that they follow along with current events.

Last year an accepted student made one and posted it on ur SDN threat (so for you it would be here)

Last edited:

Faculty will however make the official Facebook, it took a very long time for them to do that so I suggest a GroupMe for now

Faculty will however make the official Facebook, it took a very long time for them to do that so I suggest a GroupMe for now
Sounds good. I will take one for the team.
You're invited to my new group 'SHSUCOM c.o 2028' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

No match 😭 hopefully I get waitlisted or something

• Care
No match for me.. does anyone know if I will hear from the school?

• Care
Yes they do. I believe they send an email. I went through the threads from 2022/2023 and 2021/2022 and it seems like most people who got waitlisted, got it after the Match process.

Thankfully matched today. I joined the group me if yall match try to join! I’m excited for everyone that matched and that will match soon

Reactions: 2 users
Thankfully matched today. I joined the group me if yall match try to join! I’m excited for everyone that matched and that will match soon
Matched as well! So relieved and thankful. How can I join the GroupMe?

Congratulations to everyone that has matched today. For those who did not match and want to come here, sometime today you will receive your waitlist emails. Most movement is traditionally around March/April but there are people in my class who were accepted off the waitlist in May. If you are accepted and have questions I would join the GroupMe where there will usually be upper classman that trickle in to answer anything you may need.

just got waitlist email thank you God bc I was GOING THRU IT

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Do you think they send the waitlist to everyone who interviewed but did not match

I’m just preparing to apply again, I got super lucky with even getting an interview my mcat is terrible like below 500 so I appreciated my experience to interview people apply and don’t even get an interview at all. Yet alone to be on the waitlist. So hopefully waitlist movement occurs. We all deserve to get into medical school it’s a matter of when.

I’m just preparing to apply again, I got super lucky with even getting an interview my mcat is terrible like below 500 so I appreciated my experience to interview people apply and don’t even get an interview at all. Yet alone to be on the waitlist. So hopefully waitlist movement occurs. We all deserve to get into medical school it’s a matter of when.
this is a great attitude to have and i hope you get in from the waitlist ♥

I matched today... yall know how long we have to sign the offer letter acceptance? does it close after a couple of days?

I keep checking my email to see if something has changed 😂😂😂 I wonder if we will hear back next week or the first week of March

I was fortunate enough to match at my top school today, so my seat can go to someone else! Congrats to those who matched and best of luck to those who have been placed on the waitlist. I have a few friends who are OMS-1 here if anyone has any questions they want me to pass on!

I was fortunate enough to match at my top school today, so my seat can go to someone else! Congrats to those who matched and best of luck to those who have been placed on the waitlist. I have a few friends who are OMS-1 here if anyone has any questions they want me to pass on!
Well, that already happened within our TMDSAS Match algorithm, but I appreciate your offer to inform applicants wanting more SHSU tips.
Congratulations on your match!

I’m guessing we might see after Match day (Residency)

Reactions: 3 users