2023-2024 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who pre matched last week received the email to create the SHSU account/castle branch account? It says 5-10 days for the email to be generated but I still haven't received it.

Thanks
Pre-matched last month, but no emails yet. I spoke to someone at admissions and they essentially said that things will roll out as they roll out. Don’t worry about not having anything until match day.

We are in a super fortunate position. Enjoy it! Plenty of time to correct any technical issues or call/email people if necessary.

Edit: as in, don’t worry about them not sending any of those administrative emails until after match day

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Other than transcripts, it should be fine to send and fill everything out after match day right

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait, if TMDSAS hasnt approved your transcript and its been 20 business days what happens next? Aren't they due in 1 month from the day you got the email? How do I even check if TMDSAS approved my transcript
TMDSAS also has not approved one of my transcripts, and it has been around 20 business days.

Wait, if TMDSAS hasnt approved your transcript and its been 20 business days what happens next? Aren't they due in 1 month from the day you got the email? How do I even check if TMDSAS approved my transcript
look on your TMDSAS portal for messages and enquire if it has been more than 4 weeks

Where do I see if the transcript has been approved and uploaded on my TDMSAS page?

Hi everyone! Received an IS II today. Does anyone know how high the post II acceptance rate is for this school. I would love to attend here as an in-state school :). Currently have an acceptance at a school out of state and need to know if I should just eat the $1500 deposit that is due by December 14th... :(

Hi everyone! Received an IS II today. Does anyone know how high the post II acceptance rate is for this school. I would love to attend here as an in-state school :). Currently have an acceptance at a school out of state and need to know if I should just eat the $1500 deposit that is due by December 14th... :(
Unfortunately I think you will need to pay that deposit :( I know it sucks but the potential of not matching is much more devastating than losing the $1500.

Wait until the lost possible day to pay but ultimately most of us Texas folks will be waiting till match day.

congrats on the OOS Acceptance and the recent II!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I think you will need to pay that deposit :( I know it sucks but the protentional of not matching is much more devastating than losing the $1500.

Wait until the lost possible day to pay but ultimately most of us Texas folks will be waiting till match day.

congrats on the OOS Acceptance and the recent II!
Thank you so much friend!! Wishing you the best as well. I have lived in Texas for all 24 years of my life. I would really love to stick around lol.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Seems we haven't seen an II in some time. So here's to keeping your fingers crossed. Got mine earlier today. Only avail. date now is 12/1.
IS, non-trad, reapplicant, LM 64.9, complete 8/9.

Reactions: 1 user
Did it ever get approved? I sent my undergrad's transcript and its been like a week so far, not approved yet. Not sure what the timeline is.
Nope, I will reach out again cause it has been over 1 month since I sent it.

Just sent another message to TMDSAS, and got an email right now that my transcript has been marked as received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received II invite today as well. I can't sign up for 12/1, because I already have another interview that day. Per the email, Additional dates will open throughout the cycle. Continue to check AMP if the dates listed do not work with your schedule. How often should I be checking for other dates to open up since there is no other date available? Should I just go ahead and email admissions?

Received II invite today as well. I can't sign up for 12/1, because I already have another interview that day. Per the email, Additional dates will open throughout the cycle. Continue to check AMP if the dates listed do not work with your schedule. How often should I be checking for other dates to open up since there is no other date available? Should I just go ahead and email admissions?
Yes email admissions! I don’t believe any additional dates will be added other than the ones posted. If you were invited earlier you’d just see certain dates “blocked off”in which they meant “wait until we open those up.

I think you should email the admissions of the other school if possible!

Somebody in this thread above mentioned 1/19 being the last interview date

Yes email admissions! I don’t believe any additional dates will be added other than the ones posted. If you were invited earlier you’d just see certain dates “blocked off”in which they meant “wait until we open those up.

I think you should email the admissions of the other school if possible!
Thanks, they will have upcoming openings for the 1/19 interview date

This time last year they were sending out more pre-matches. We will see though

I just stalked the last years thread and someone also received the “committee review email” the day of their prematch 🫣👀

I just stalked the last years thread and someone also received the “committee review email” the day of their prematch 🫣👀
idk about that haha, but i hope so cause i got that email today lolol. i think its more that they are just done looking at your application lol

Does anyone know when the next batch will go out?

Well, still have not heard anything :cryi::cryi:
I wonder why it is taking them longer this year.
We never really know, but Im sure a lot of schools are relatively conservative with prematches! SHSU will have a ton of matches and WL movement :) I’m sure some people have prematched that haven’t made it to SDN yet too

Did anyone you got accepted last year need to do the "Learning Tracker" from CastleBranch? Medical OSHA and a HIPAA course is included there. The acceptance page doesn't mention anything about it.

Did anyone you got accepted last year need to do the "Learning Tracker" from CastleBranch? Medical OSHA and a HIPAA course is included there. The acceptance page doesn't mention anything about it.
Yea on the portal it says to disregard the other requirements on castle branch as they do not currently apply. What @OffTheLand said, I think we just wait until they send out more info.

My OMS2 friend said that there is a new student committee who will make the official Facebook and GroupMe early next semester.

Merry Christmas to all! May Santa leave you a prematch under the tree!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
For those waiting for II, I got my II the first week of January for the past two years.

Just got an interview! Feels a little late in the cycle but I love their rural med focus so I'm thrilled and hoping for the best :)

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone who interviewed 12/1 heard anything? Have any OOS students who interviewed in the last few months heard when we will find out about the results of our interview since we can not participate in match day?

Has anyone who interviewed 12/1 heard anything? Have any OOS students who interviewed in the last few months heard when we will find out about the results of our interview since we can not participate in match day?
I don’t think we’ve seen an acceptance since sometime in November

I think you will hear a result around Match Day even though you are OOS.
They could surprise me with a few offers in January though, let's see what happens

I think you will hear a result around Match Day even though you are OOS.
They could surprise me with a few offers in January though, let's see what happens
Thanks..
it is unfortunate that I will likely have to pay a 2000$ deposit somewhere else before hearing a decision.

Thanks..
it is unfortunate that I will likely have to pay a 2000$ deposit somewhere else before hearing a decision.
If you prefer SHSU over the school with an upcoming deposit, you could email SHSU and ask if there is any chance you will hear news before that date.
Best case scenario: you have an acceptance, congratulations!
Worst case scenario: You pay the deposit but get into SHSU later. Is that deposit so much that it cancels out the lower price you would pay to attend SHSU? No? Then you still win.