-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 UC San Diego
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
IS II GHAC!
Last edited:
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Congrats y'all -- what a nice early Christmas present!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mschoooooo
Full Member
Dang only Feb dates available. Do you think we are interviewing for the waitlist at this point or?
WarmDonuts001
Full Member
+1 IS II earlier today 🙂
Took the 1/30 date, submitted early August
Took the 1/30 date, submitted early August
Tardis2025
Full Member
i know someone last year who interviewed in Feb and got accepted 🙂Dang only Feb dates available. Do you think we are interviewing for the waitlist at this point or?
+ 1 OOS II! I have absolutely no ties so I was so shocked and excited!
mschoooooo
Full Member
How is the interview here, more stressful or conversational?
@premed13579 What did you end up finding out? The invite email says "GHAC II" for the subject, but the body reads like a normal MD invite. In the options, I just see "GHAC Available" for one date. I'm not sure if this means I still need to wait for an MD invite??+1 IS II GHAC interview. Also was a bit confused if it’s all in one?
It’s an MMI!How is the interview here, more stressful or conversational?
Is it better to have a pre-II hold or radio silence at this point in the cycle?
I think I would rather have silenceIs it better to have a pre-II hold or radio silence at this point in the cycle?
betterwithfruit
Full Member
After being accepted to UCSD, I received an A from a similarly ranked school that offered a full merit scholarship. Finances aside, I would prefer UCSD. I'm wondering if I should leverage this scholarship at UCSD, and if so, when. I saw on past threads that UCSD has offered merit scholarships, but I can't find info about it on the website (I am not eligible for need-based aid). Any insights into this would be super helpful, especially if others have received scholarship offers from UCSD.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
I was accepted to Kaiser on a full ride and have leveraged it at other UCs. While I ended up choosing kaiser I can share some details. You simply send a letter of intent to the school you want to attend but also explain another school has offered a full ride. State you would prefer to attend UCSD due to X reasons and plead a case as to why they should give you aid. The worst they can say is no, the best they can say is yes, we see your value. Goodluck.After being accepted to UCSD, I received an A from a similarly ranked school that offered a full merit scholarship. Finances aside, I would prefer UCSD. I'm wondering if I should leverage this scholarship at UCSD, and if so, when. I saw on past threads that UCSD has offered merit scholarships, but I can't find info about it on the website (I am not eligible for need-based aid). Any insights into this would be super helpful, especially if others have received scholarship offers from UCSD.
betterwithfruit
Full Member
@Letmeinpleaseucr This is super helpful, thank you. Two questions: 1) When in the cycle did you send the letter of intent? My understanding is that UCSD won't send out scholarship info for a few months, but since I've been accepted, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and push for it. 2) Was the additional aid that the UCs offered merit or need-based? I wasn't planning on applying for need-based since my parents' income is likely disqualifying, and I'm wondering if UCSD will be willing to provide purely merit-based scholarships.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Truthfully, I received all my important acceptances this October and I sent out the leveraging letter by November. I figured the sooner the better as Fianacial aid and grants are a rare and limited resource. Since my full ride was completely merit based, I informed the other schools that's what I was looking for, however, i would have qualified for need based as well due to a family income of 35k. I can't speak too much on UCSD as I was rejected before an interview, but my friend received a merit-based scholarship last cycle. I would simply reach out and see what they say.@Letmeinpleaseucr This is super helpful, thank you. Two questions: 1) When in the cycle did you send the letter of intent? My understanding is that UCSD won't send out scholarship info for a few months, but since I've been accepted, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and push for it. 2) Was the additional aid that the UCs offered merit or need-based? I wasn't planning on applying for need-based since my parents' income is likely disqualifying, and I'm wondering if UCSD will be willing to provide purely merit-based scholarships.
betterwithfruit
Full Member
@Letmeinpleaseucr really really appreciate your insights, thank you!!!
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Of course! Goodluck and enjoy UCSD, I went there for undergrad and it's a wonderful place.@Letmeinpleaseucr really really appreciate your insights, thank you!!!
pacificcoast
Full Member
Does UCSD call for an acceptance decision or they email?
pandas12387
Full Member
Both, they call first and then send an email!Does UCSD call for an acceptance decision or they email?
pacificcoast
Full Member
Thanks! Is it usually towards the end of the day?Both, they call first and then send an email!
drinkthe9bbn
New Member
OOS II just now, some ties to CA. submitted secondary 10/7
my friend submitted his secondary on the last possible day, got interviewed and accepted hereAnyone heard of cases of ppl completing their app in early Oct (deadline was 10/15) and getting an II or Hold lolz. I applied early Oct and saw on their website that the time u submit doesn’t matter as much?¿
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
There will always be people who get accepted who applied later. Your chances may get smaller by doing so though.Anyone heard of cases of ppl completing their app in early Oct (deadline was 10/15) and getting an II or Hold lolz. I applied early Oct and saw on their website that the time u submit doesn’t matter as much?¿
alphaketoglutarate_lover
Full Member
Has anyone gotten an interview invite after being on hold yet this cycle?
doctorellewoods
Full Member
Unsure if any current UCSD students come on here or if anyone else knows/has advice, is there anything we can do if in terms of reaching out to the school if we are on hold for an interview?
I feel so helpless not being able to send updates or anything to them :/
I feel so helpless not being able to send updates or anything to them :/
charredmeat
New Member
Has anyone who submitted the secondary in August/September/October received a PRIME II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tasogaredoki
New Member
OOS II this morning too but I only managed to schedule it during the last week of February
Do applicants interviewing super late in the cycle still have fair chance for acceptance or should I expect to interview for a WL spot?
LM 72-73, complete at the beginning of September btw!
Do applicants interviewing super late in the cycle still have fair chance for acceptance or should I expect to interview for a WL spot?
LM 72-73, complete at the beginning of September btw!
pandas12387
Full Member
for my decision day it was around the later in the afternoon iirc but likely it’s when the people calling are free so i don’t think it’ll be exact same!Thanks! Is it usually towards the end of the day?
lazilyncalmly
Full Member
We might be chopped my G 🥺Any MSTPs not hear anything yet? Submitted in July, but no II or R. Looks like they've handed out Rs recently
Sooner the better for sure. The worst they'll say is no. I got in off the waitlist and used another school's scholarship to leverage a full-tuition scholarship.Truthfully, I received all my important acceptances this October and I sent out the leveraging letter by November. I figured the sooner the better as Fianacial aid and grants are a rare and limited resource. Since my full ride was completely merit based, I informed the other schools that's what I was looking for, however, i would have qualified for need based as well due to a family income of 35k. I can't speak too much on UCSD as I was rejected before an interview, but my friend received a merit-based scholarship last cycle. I would simply reach out and see what they say.
VOLTRON7121
Full Member
Really excited to see how it goes, good luck!How is everyone feeling for this Friday?? I’m already starting to lose sleep over it 🙃
BrickLayer
Full Member
+1 OOS II 😀
Did you get put on hold before this?+1 OOS II 😀
BrickLayer
Full Member
NoDid you get put on hold before this?
I actually feel like I’m going to throw up.when yall think we hearing back today?
pacificcoast
Full Member
The night is still youngHas anyone heard anything yet from 11/21 interview?
when yall think we hearing back today?
I heard that updates will be coming out within the next 1-1.5 hoursI actually feel like I’m going to throw up.
bro's got the inside scoop??I heard that updates will be coming out within the next 1-1.5 hours
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Malignwine
Full Member
Who did you hear this from?I heard that updates will be coming out within the next 1-1.5 hours
Try to incorporate personal experiences in all of your answers, it will make them more memorable and relatable, even if it's just a similar experience or an anecdote about friends/family. Make sure your decision is clear, and take time to consider multiple different perspectives. Give the interviewer time to ask you follow up questions!Any MMI tips?
Try to incorporate personal experiences in all of your answers, it will make them more memorable and relatable, even if it's just a similar experience or an anecdote about friends/family. Make sure your decision is clear, and take time to consider multiple different perspectives. Give the interviewer time to ask you follow up questions!
Thank you! Would you also mind sharing how many stations there were and how long each?