2024-2025 UC San Francisco

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How crazy/in-depth is their screen? I have pretty high stats (LM 80) and decent ECs but I haven't gotten one yet (Also OOS). For other schools that screen I've gotten secondaries. Is there a chance I get screened out? I thought with my stats and ECs I'd at least pass the preliminary for every single school.
 
Truly truly I don't think there's any point in overanalyzing whether they've skipped over you, tossed your app, haven't even looked at it yet, etc....pre-write the secondaries if you have time and then leave it up to the secondary gods 🙏 I know anxieties are hard to deal with and I am also super stressed, but this is out of our control!! The cycle is LONG, and we have only just started. go outside for a bit or go workout 🙂 I started doing a plank every time I checked my email obsessively for secondaries...made me chill out a lot
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
verified 7/5 + 1 IS secondary today!

side question- they use AMCAS letter services right? My application says they don't have my LOR but next to it it says "secondary not complete". So will it show they have my letters once I turn in my secondary? Or do I have to submit them somewhere else? Or is there just some weird issue going on???
 
verified 7/5 + 1 IS secondary today!

side question- they use AMCAS letter services right? My application says they don't have my LOR but next to it it says "secondary not complete". So will it show they have my letters once I turn in my secondary? Or do I have to submit them somewhere else? Or is there just some weird issue going on???

also got an IS secondary today

what i’ve noticed is it usually takes a day or so for LORs to be updated in the portals after a secondary invite, maybe check back later this week
 
+1 OOS a few days ago, verified 6/28

I'm a 2024 graduate but wanted to talk about my gap year plans. I should probably still avoid answering that question though right? It's hard to find another place to put that but I also don't want to directly ignore the fact that the question refers to 2023 grads and earlier
 
Still haven’t received a secondary which is kinda weird since I got one Last cycle and have a much stronger application this time. 😅
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Verified 7/5, secondary received 7/17 and submitted 7/24, how good of a sign is it that I received a secondary so early on?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I decided to go ahead and include it when i submitted, if they REALLY mean 2023 grad then I have faith that I won't be penalized for it (they can just...ignore the essay), and if it was a typo then better safe than sorry!
@matted_chinchilla

I emailed them and they replied:

"Thank you for seeking clarification. To confirm, the question is correctly written, and the committee is only seeking responses from those who graduated in 2023 or earlier."
Screenshot 2024-08-05 at 4.52.07 PM.png


You're all good!
 
there's no peace in this process, why lie to myself
True. Also, with what's going on with the world right now, Iran is refusing calls for restraint in their upcoming retaliation, so peace is no longer an option here or anywhere. Let there be chaos.
 
Does anyone know if there are issues with typing in the text boxes? For some reason I cannot click to type in any of the supplemental essay sections. My page also says complete because I answered the multiple choice questions and saved my answers, but I have not paid to submit or submitted my application.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if there are issues with typing in the text boxes? For some reason I cannot click to type in any of the supplemental essay sections. My page also says complete because I answered the multiple choice questions and saved my answers, but I have not paid to submit or submitted my application.
I am also having issues with clicking/typing a response!
 
I am also having issues with clicking/typing a response!
I had this issue copying and pasting! I feel like the UCSF portal calculated my word count differently than google docs did, and it wouldn't let me copy and paste in until I reduced my word count, not sure if that'll help your problem?
 
Does anyone know if they screen out re-applicants? I had a secondary by this time last year but nothing now 🙁