2024-2025 UC San Francisco

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry! I misspoke when I wrote that. I meant to say that I live in an area that is generally marginalized (rural and underserved), but I myself have not experienced direct hardships in attaining healthcare or education due to being relatively fortunate in my upbringing

I'm not too sure if location and opportunities are worth mentioning
I think if youve done something to help reduce disparities and barriers present in your marginalized community, it is worth talking about it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I was verified in June but got my MCAT on July 24th, would they start looking at my app after the 24th or already before that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does anyone know any stats on how selective their screening is?
There is no published data on this from any official source to my knowledge. I was reading a really old thread where someone claimed that they sent secondaries out to 1400 applicants but that was when their total applicant pool was ~5000. Last year there were about 9000 applicants who applied, so maybe about 3000-4000 secondaries get sent out? Just a wild guess.
 
UCSF PRIDE values serve as a guiding light for institutional life and activities. Briefly describe how you will contribute and support one of our PRIDE values that is consistent with your goals or life experience. (500 words)

Do we need to refer to UCSF's specific programs/activities/"institutional life" in this question?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UCSF PRIDE values serve as a guiding light for institutional life and activities. Briefly describe how you will contribute and support one of our PRIDE values that is consistent with your goals or life experience. (500 words)

Do we need to refer to UCSF's specific programs/activities/"institutional life" in this question?
I didn’t, I think its more asking how you have demonstrated a pride value/specific example and how it will translate
 
Does UCSF wait until they receive your letters of evaluation/committee letter before they decide whether to send you a secondary invite? My school doesn't send out committee letters until August 15th and I haven't received a secondary invite so I am wondering if that is part of the reason
 
Everyone worried about having not yet received a secondary, please take a look at the graph below! Every peak corresponds to UCSF secondaries being received last cycle. The red arrow I drew is where we currently are in the cycle. As you can see, there are still many secondaries yet to come! Have faith.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9587.jpeg
    IMG_9587.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Everyone worried about having not yet received a secondary, please take a look at the graph below! Every peak corresponds to UCSF secondaries being received last cycle. The red arrow I drew is where we currently are in the cycle. As you can see, there are still many secondaries yet to come! Have faith.
What is that Y-axis?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like UCSF sends out few secondaries at a time while the other UCs send secondaries to anyone whose primary application they like instantly.
 
MSTP-specific prompts:

Please describe your most recent research project, its importance and how it captured your interest. (750 words max)

Please list publications, honors and presentations resulting from your research experiences. (750 words max)

Please describe briefly your reasons for applying to the UCSF MSTP. (500 words max)
Yes! they are right here
 
Last edited: