2024-2025 Virginia Commonwealth

Started by wysdoc
Tags Tags
question
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah that makes sense, bc by all metrics I submitted my secondary on 7/6 and have far worse stats. So it just seems to be very random and a crapshoot on how these things are approached.
Stats arent everything 🙂 They will look at ECs, mission fit, how likely you are to matriculate if accepted, etc. But yes, definitely seems very mysterious and confusing from the outside!!
 
Stats arent everything 🙂 They will look at ECs, mission fit, how likely you are to matriculate if accepted, etc. But yes, definitely seems very mysterious and confusing from the outside!!
Yeah, I mean I submitted well before that R and am OOS, yet to hear anything. If I had to guess, they probably deal with IS students first (it seems like most schools do some version of this).
 
Yeah, I mean I submitted well before that R and am OOS, yet to hear anything. If I had to guess, they probably deal with IS students first (it seems like most schools do some version of this).
there have been OOS/INTL R reported as well !

anywho, no use trying to figure out the process.... will continue to casually refresh my email every 5 min during business hours..... 🥲
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there have been OOS/INTL R reported as well !

anywho, no use trying to figure out the process.... will continue to casually refresh my email every 5 min during business hours..... 🥲
My bad haha. I was lucky enough to get a super early II elsewhere but it's killing me cause I know I'm not gonna hear anything else for weeks still
 
My bad haha. I was lucky enough to get a super early II elsewhere but it's killing me cause I know I'm not gonna hear anything else for weeks still
Same here, super excited about the II I got a couple weeks ago, but I know that most of my other schools will take their sweet time. I'm going to crash these portals with my neurotic refreshing lol
 
I have a question about their math prereq. On their website it says "6 credit hours of college-level math or statistics" but on their secondary it says "six credits of college level math/statistics".
When I first applied, I checked their website and understood it as "you need 6 credits of math OR you need stat" and since I have stat, i thought it fulfilled the requirement. But now looking at their secondary app, I feel like it's saying I need 6 credits total. I only have 4 credits (from stat) competed in my undergraduate career.
pretty sure you need 6 hours total. i think the original 6 credits of college-level math or statistics was saying you can have 6 hours from math OR statistics, but it needed to be 6
 
If you took biochemistry under the chem department, do you think they count that as "upper level biology"?
 
Haven’t received anything from VCU. How hard does the school screen applicant? I’m OOS. I’ve already received secondaries from other schools
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For all of y'all getting IIs, congrats!! Did your status change in the portal from "Your application is ready" to "under review" or anything like that before you got the invites?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS II yesterday 8/11 6PM ET

verified 6/14, complete 7/19, casper 3nd quartile, LM 73.2, regular MD

2x applicant so I'm very thrilled 🙂

Question: How far away from II are ppl scheduling? I want to be well-prepared for my interview so I scheduled 5 weeks out but I was just curious what others have been doing generally.
 
Do you think a casper score that came in after the submission of my secondary would delay the full review of my application?
 
Hi all, I have 2 questions about the secondary application.

1. Is the low gpa/poor grades question optional? I have a pretty decently high GPA and don't think there's anything for me to explain lol

2. For the pre-req coursework requirements, VCU mentions that they highly recommend psychology and sociology. I've taken a few of those courses, but there isn't a psych or soc section when assigning the pre-requisite coursework. I want to include those courses as they are highly recommended, but I don't know where to since there isn't a section for them. Does anyone have any recommendations?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If I still havent received a secondary and its been over two weeks since my primary was sent but I have not received an R should I assume I wont be getting a secondary?