You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same, MMI's can be unpredictable. But, I like them more than traditional because you leave the station relatively quickly and get to move on to the next. Are you AM or PM session?interviewing thursday as well, so nervous 🙁
catinsomehats
Full Member
i’m going to be PM session!Same, MMI's can be unpredictable. But, I like them more than traditional because you leave the station relatively quickly and get to move on to the next. Are you AM or PM session?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedgal444
Full Member
when were you complete? and when did you receive an IIi’m going to be PM session!
catinsomehats
Full Member
i was complete 7/21, II received 9/13when were you complete? and when did you receive an II
See you in the PM session!i’m going to be PM session!
catinsomehats
Full Member
if u see someone ****ting themselves that’ll be me 🫡See you in the PM session!
I interviewed a bit back. Interviewers were very kind and encouraging, don't go stressin' friend.if u see someone ****ting themselves that’ll be me 🫡
catinsomehats
Full Member
thank you for the kind words, it’s very comforting! 🙂I interviewed a bit back. Interviewers were very kind and encouraging, don't go stressin' friend.
CorkDonkey5
Full Member
I interviewed a bit back. Interviewers were very kind and encouraging, don't go stressin' friend.
Second this. Everyone is extremely kind and they try to make the interview as low stress as possible
underdawg434
Full Member
IS Complete 7/10 and haven’t heard anything. Don't know how to interpret this lol
Same I was complete 7/15, IS, and nothing yetIS Complete 7/10 and haven’t heard anything. Don't know how to interpret this lol
Is there no confidentiality agreement for the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From the limited information in the emails, it sounds like 1 traditional station + 6 MMI stations that are scenario based.anyone know if vcu's MMI uses teamwork stations or acting/roleplay? or is it just scenario based?
Interviewer: "Good luck with the rest of your interview."
Me: "You too." 😵
I am sorry to whoever got their interview rescinded due to being a few minutes late. For all future interviewees, make sure you are online on-time and ready to go when it's your time.
Me: "You too." 😵
I am sorry to whoever got their interview rescinded due to being a few minutes late. For all future interviewees, make sure you are online on-time and ready to go when it's your time.
premedgal444
Full Member
wait they cancelled your interview?Interviewer: "Good luck with the rest of your interview."
Me: "You too." 😵
I am sorry to whoever got their interview rescinded due to being a few minutes late. For all future interviewees, make sure you are online on-time and ready to go when it's your time.
No. Someone else was not let into the interview because they were late. I interviewed successfully. Love the school and the people. Everyone seems happy there.wait they cancelled your interview?
premedgal444
Full Member
awesome!! that's so sad for whoever couldn't interview 🙁No. Someone else was not let into the interview because they were late. I interviewed successfully. Love the school and the people. Everyone seems happy there.
catinsomehats
Full Member
me too, it was awesome! fingers crossed for us both in October 🙂)))No. Someone else was not let into the interview because they were late. I interviewed successfully. Love the school and the people. Everyone seems happy there.
bananaman31
2024-2025 Applicant
Everyone in the interview was so kind I was honestly shocked haha. Love the school and love the people! Good luck to everyone else who is interviewing and hopefully we'll all be back here with good news in October!!
premed25548384
Full Member
I emailed the admissions office to the email listed on the portal for general questions about an error on my primary and have not heard back in weeks, do I need to contact them again?
How would you describe the stress level of the MMI scenarios? Any advice to future interviewees?Interviewer: "Good luck with the rest of your interview."
Me: "You too." 😵
I am sorry to whoever got their interview rescinded due to being a few minutes late. For all future interviewees, make sure you are online on-time and ready to go when it's your time.
I would.I emailed the admissions office to the email listed on the portal for general questions about an error on my primary and have not heard back in weeks, do I need to contact them again?
Mid stress, not too difficult. Wouldn’t over prepare though.How would you describe the stress level of the MMI scenarios? Any advice to future interviewees?
premed25548384
Full Member
Could I maybe upload it as a letter on to the portal?I would.
I don't know why you would try to correct an error on your primary by emailing the school?Could I maybe upload it as a letter on to the portal?
Primary applications can't be amended or changed after submission.
premed25548384
Full Member
I wanted to let them know that the name of the high school I listed on AMCAS I only attended for a year. So I wanted to correct the name of the high school I actually graduated from as it seems they use it to determine SES and I don't want to mislead.I don't know why you would try to correct an error on your primary by emailing the school?
Primary applications can't be amended or changed after submission.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! yeah if there is time left after your initial response to the prompt, then the interviewers will ask follow up questionsTo those who have interviewed, does the interviewer speak back and forth with you in each session? The email says you "interact" with the interviewer so I am curious, thanks!
Hold after the selection committee! Yay!
Same. Is this the best outcome we could’ve hoped for or will there be applicants who get the A without being on hold?Hold after the selection committee! Yay!
This is the best outcome. Everyone gets a hold, unless just straight up rejected post interview. Nobody will get accepted without a hold.Same. Is this the best outcome we could’ve hoped for or will there be applicants who get the A without being on hold?
Hold after the selection committee! Yay!
Same!
Thanks! And congrats!This is the best outcome. Everyone gets a hold, unless just straight up rejected post interview. Nobody will get accepted without a hold.
Ubiquinolenthusiast
New Member
+1 hold email !
purplegiraffe16
Full Member
is it too late to submit secondary here?
can confirm this, best of luckThis is the best outcome. Everyone gets a hold, unless just straight up rejected post interview. Nobody will get accepted without a hold.
Pre-med7603
Full Member
+1 hold email received yesterday.
Ubiquinolenthusiast
New Member
Heads up for ED people:
On VCU's website it says they release ED acceptances on October 1st but looking at past years discussions it looks like the earliest ED acceptance reported on here was on 09/19/2023 and 09/26/2022 the year prior. Hopefully this means people may start hearing back this week !
ED people, be sure to check ur emails this week and good luck everyone 🤞!
On VCU's website it says they release ED acceptances on October 1st but looking at past years discussions it looks like the earliest ED acceptance reported on here was on 09/19/2023 and 09/26/2022 the year prior. Hopefully this means people may start hearing back this week !
ED people, be sure to check ur emails this week and good luck everyone 🤞!
Heads up for ED people:
On VCU's website it says they release ED acceptances on October 1st but looking at past years discussions it looks like the earliest ED acceptance reported on here was on 09/19/2023 and 09/26/2022 the year prior. Hopefully this means people may start hearing back this week !
ED people, be sure to check ur emails this week and good luck everyone 🤞!
As an ED applicant, my thumb is about to fall off from refreshing my email lol
Sorry, I just saw this! Complete 7/7complete date?
catinsomehats
Full Member
does no hold email so far mean i’ll probably get rejected o-oThis is the best outcome. Everyone gets a hold, unless just straight up rejected post interview. Nobody will get accepted without a hold.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know, I hope not. I think you’d have to really bomb your interview to get that. But only you would know if you did that. How did you feel your MMI went? Did conversation flow? Did your interviewers smile and enjoy talking to you? Those are good signs imo.does no hold email so far mean i’ll probably get rejected o-o
I’m sure others did not get the hold email and haven’t posted yet.
catinsomehats
Full Member
I felt good about my interview! I’m just worried, probably a bit too much hahaI don’t know, I hope not. I think you’d have to really bomb your interview to get that. But only you would know if you did that. How did you feel your MMI went? Did conversation flow? Did your interviewers smile and enjoy talking to you? Those are good signs imo.
I’m sure others did not get the hold email and haven’t posted yet.
I don’t think they would give you an II if there was a huge red flag in your app (unless you made a big mistake during the interview and that is what the email is referring to)
D
deleted1199010
lol sorry i meant pre-II RI don’t think they would give you an II if there was a huge red flag in your app (unless you made a big mistake during the interview and that is what the email is referring to)
Post II or pre-II? I would venture to say everyone gets that line.+1 OOS R
did all rejections include the line " If you are interested in reapplying in an upcoming cycle, we strongly suggest that you consult with a qualified premedical advisor or a medical school admissions office to discuss ways in which you may be able to enhance your application"? or are they just telling me there's something wrong with my app? lol