You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
brahyia0
Full Member
Do you live in worcester and how do you like it?Hi, also a current student at UMass Chan. Let me know if there are any questions!
chunkyxmonkey
Full Member
I haven't explored much of it yet as it seems like it isn't the most walkable city, but I think it has been a great experience overall. Although it is the second biggest city in Mass and ~40min-1hr away from Boston, I think there isn't much of a nightlife if that's what you're looking for and has a slower pace overall. The students and faculty here are wonderful though - I think we all help each other out all the time and actually collaborate on a ton of things.Do you live in worcester and how do you like it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shinkicker
New Member
I interviewed towards the end of August and haven't heard back yet either. Don't think anyone's heard back in a while so might just have to sit tight!i haven't heard back and my interview was in the first week of September. Is this normal? Im OOS.
premeddddd122
Full Member
Hi! Thanks for being willing to share, would you say attendance is mandatory for most classes or do you get days off to catch up on studying from home? If you have any insight on WIN weeks or things like that it would be super helpful!Hi, also a current student at UMass Chan. Let me know if there are any questions!
+1 OOS A RAHHH!!! interviewed abt 4 weeks ago
TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
IS A woooo, interviewed early Oct
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
OH MY GOD OOS A. I interviewed last week.
Literally going insane rn.
Literally going insane rn.
Last edited:
I haven't gotten an II and I submitted everything very early, I am in state with 515/4.0. Am I cooked or is there still a chance I could get an interview?
still a chance but I was strung along for a long time last year.I haven't gotten an II and I submitted everything very early, I am in state with 515/4.0. Am I cooked or is there still a chance I could get an interview?
user987765432
New Member
OOS A! Il 10/24
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Is this school p/f? If so, can anyone comment on the student environment there. Collaborative or competitive?
chunkyxmonkey
Full Member
Attendance is encouraged, but most lectures are recorded. There are small group sessions, PBL, panels, and other types of classes that are mandatory in-person. Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays are usually half-days where you can catch up. The WIN weeks are amazing. "What I Need" weeks where you take the block final on Tuesday and then the rest of that week is off for you to do whatever you need - research, volunteer, shadow, relax/do nothing, or travel.Hi! Thanks for being willing to share, would you say attendance is mandatory for most classes or do you get days off to catch up on studying from home? If you have any insight on WIN weeks or things like that it would be super helpful!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premeddddd122
Full Member
That’s so reassuring!! I am out of state so I was hoping there’d be time to visit home and it seems like that would be a good opportunity to do so😌 Also not sure if you’ve taken it yet but do you feel like they prepare you well for step I?Attendance is encouraged, but most lectures are recorded. There are small group sessions, PBL, panels, and other types of classes that are mandatory in-person. Wednesdays and sometimes Fridays are usually half-days where you can catch up. The WIN weeks are amazing. "What I Need" weeks where you take the block final on Tuesday and then the rest of that week is off for you to do whatever you need - research, volunteer, shadow, relax/do nothing, or travel.
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
Did anyone who did a PURCH interview 10/9 here back yet?
Batman213
New Member
congrats! was it a phone call?+1 OOS A RAHHH!!! interviewed abt 4 weeks ago
D
deleted1214066
chance for any more IIs? 512/4.0, in-state.
D
deleted1223266
I too would like to know. Instate, 515/3.8. But my PREview was around 20th percentile so there's that too...chance for any more IIs? 512/4.0, in-state.
also wondering. 521/3.9 w/ 87th percentile preview. In state and alma mater so feeling dejected lolchance for any more IIs? 512/4.0, in-state.
They’ll still send out IIs but trust me it’s weird w them. I thought I was a pretty good fit IS with a LM of 80ish and a 9 on preview but I got rejected last year. Had much better writing this cycle and more specific LOR and research yet still nothing. I thought it was a pretty safe bet for an II here but they are picky
it was email!congrats! was it a phone call?
if last year's thread is anything to go off of, they send IIs through February I believe.chance for any more IIs? 512/4.0, in-state.
They’ll still send out IIs but trust me it’s weird w them. I thought I was a pretty good fit IS with a LM of 80ish and a 9 on preview but I got rejected last year. Had much better writing this cycle and more specific LOR and research yet still nothing. I thought it was a pretty safe bet for an II here but they are picky
That's bizarre. Did they give you any feedback? You should've at least gotten an interview or a hold or something with those stats
D
deleted1223266
Shows you how bizarre things are--nothing is certain.if last year's thread is anything to go off of, they send IIs through February I believe.
That's bizarre. Did they give you any feedback? You should've at least gotten an interview or a hold or something with those stats
This is what I got “Unfortunately, we do not review applications with applicants. We ask that you take a printout of your application to your pre-health advisor.” I don’t have a prehealth advisor hahaif last year's thread is anything to go off of, they send IIs through February I believe.
That's bizarre. Did they give you any feedback? You should've at least gotten an interview or a hold or something with those stats
The entire process is disrespectful. Shows how disconnected UMass is if they think everyone has access to a premed advisor. Non-trads especially, but there are so many other circumstances like mentors retiring that still affects trad applicants. Shame on UMass but only thing we can do is get in and make the path easier and more humane for the next generation.Good to know that after taking $100 (or more, I don’t remember) and sucking so many hours out of us in order to finish their long secondary, they just hit you with a response like that. Super disrespectful to applicants tbh
brahyia0
Full Member
How do you know your writing was better this time? Did you have people check? The process is brutal but you should at least be considered.They’ll still send out IIs but trust me it’s weird w them. I thought I was a pretty good fit IS with a LM of 80ish and a 9 on preview but I got rejected last year. Had much better writing this cycle and more specific LOR and research yet still nothing. I thought it was a pretty safe bet for an II here but they are picky
I got rejected from a school post interview where I had to use my limited PTO to get off of work and they won't even give me any feedback. They won't even reply with, "sorry but we can't". Just ghosted. This whole process is absolutely awful. With job interviews where they ghost you, at least I don't have to pay to apply.You said it man. From your mouth to God's ears.
I was reading I think it was your post the other day where you revealed post-app feedback you got from several schools. The comments were despicable, to say the least, and I don't blame you one bit for being furious. Knowing from adcoms that you "should" have gotten an II or there was nothing much else you could have done is just such a cop out answer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
It's not actually 2.5 hours. Mine took about 1.5-2 I'd say. Part of it was a discussion about PURCH and Q and A. I THINK (don't remember) there were 4 MMI stations?? I could be wrong tho.Does the PURCH interview include presentations about the program? Surely it's not 2.5hrs of straight MMI?
xhvlias
Full Member
Oh awesome! Thanks so much and best of luck 🙂It's not actually 2.5 hours. Mine took about 1.5-2 I'd say. Part of it was a discussion about PURCH and Q and A. I THINK (don't remember) there were 4 MMI stations?? I could be wrong tho.
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Does anyone know if there is an accepted students group me?
Combination of reflection and reading/learning. I had a different approach this year. An adcom told me specifically it was improved compared to last year as well which helped. Had some physicians and recent grads read my writing and it was imo a much much better reflection of me. I initially based my app thinking why I wanted to be a doctor and how learning from good doctors has shown me the Dr I wanna be when in reality I had to say why I wanted to be a doctor and how my experiences have reinforced that.How do you know your writing was better this time? Did you have people check? The process is brutal but you should at least be considered.
premeddddd122
Full Member
Also curious about this!Does anyone know if there is an accepted students group me?
chunkyxmonkey
Full Member
I haven't taken it, so I can't comment on that. However, our curriculum is structured so that the higher-yield topics for Step 1 are scheduled closer to the exam, while the lower-yield foundational blocks are covered earlier in the preclinical years. There is also dedicated time for step.That’s so reassuring!! I am out of state so I was hoping there’d be time to visit home and it seems like that would be a good opportunity to do so😌 Also not sure if you’ve taken it yet but do you feel like they prepare you well for step I?
+1 OOS II, secondary completed mid october
dogandcupcakelover
Full Member
What post was it? Can you send it to meYou said it man. From your mouth to God's ears.
I was reading I think it was your post the other day where you revealed post-app feedback you got from several schools. The comments were despicable, to say the least, and I don't blame you one bit for being furious. Knowing from adcoms that you "should" have gotten an II or there was nothing much else you could have done is just such a cop out answer.
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
OOS A !! SO happy.
Congrats! Did you receive it today? And when did you interview?OOS A !! SO happy.
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
I received it on 11/07/25 and interviewed on 09/09/25.Congrats! Did you receive it today? And when did you interview?
oatsmonster
New Member
+1 IS A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctormermaid101
Full Member
Wonderful! Did you receive a call or email?OOS A!! interviewed 10/15
oliveyoung
New Member
Hi! Just got the II and would be my first MMI. I was wondering if the circuits were all scenario/behavioral-based questions or if there were any traditional questions like why their school, etc?
All the circuits are scenario/ethics based. Congratulations and good luck!!Hi! Just got the II and would be my first MMI. I was wondering if the circuits were all scenario/behavioral-based questions or if there were any traditional questions like why their school, etc?
anotherpremed2341
New Member
Hi. I also just received an II and was wondering if the interview took longer than 2.5-3 hour slot they specified. Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!
Congrats! My interview went about 15 minutes over the time slotHi. I also just received an II and was wondering if the interview took longer than 2.5-3 hour slot they specified. Congrats to everyone who got accepted today!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K