You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
People who interviewed early Septemberm, but didn’t hear back, any chance we hear this week??
xhvlias
Full Member
Thank you 🙂 July 21st! Rooting for you too, we got this!Congrats fellow Canadian! Rooting for you 🙂.. mind sharing your complete date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
I'm really hoping!!! eekPeople who interviewed early Septemberm, but didn’t hear back, any chance we hear this week??
peaplant102
Full Member
+1 IS MD/PhD II 🙂
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
Congrats! Did you get an email or phone call?+1 IS A LEAD@Lahey interviewed 9/24 and 9/29
Phone call!Congrats! Did you get an email or phone call?
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Did you get it today? Congrats!!+ 1 OOS II! LM 68.8, submitted 7/7.
Yep, I got it around noon. Thanks so much!Did you get it today? Congrats!!
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Wow umass working overtime lol good luck!!!!Yep, I got it around noon. Thanks so much!
D
deleted1211092
Did you guys receive an email with the II, or was it just in your portal?
I got an emailDid you guys receive an email with the II, or was it just in your portal?
mrstruggle45
Full Member
+ 1 OOS II yesterday! Submitted 7/17.
When I go to schedule it, it says "We apologize, but there are no slots available for scheduling at this time." Is this normal or should I contact them?
When I go to schedule it, it says "We apologize, but there are no slots available for scheduling at this time." Is this normal or should I contact them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoc2277
Full Member
I know i hate waiting, interviewed 9/16So no decisions at all on friday?? There was a big wave last year on Oct 25th 🙁
was the interview relaxed? mmis stress me out so much bc i always freeze up so im hoping itll be more conversational? also were there lots of ethics/healthcare issues questions or was it more a personality test?I know i hate waiting, interviewed 9/16
brahyia0
Full Member
its not conversational so forget about that. You do however need to be concise in your response and leave about a minute for follow-up questions.was the interview relaxed? mmis stress me out so much bc i always freeze up so im hoping itll be more conversational? also were there lots of ethics/healthcare issues questions or was it more a personality test?
Best,
premeddddd122
Full Member
I thought it was okay! I am also terrible at MMIs so I was super stressed before my interview, but then when the time came I realized I was overthinking it. I was also afraid of freezing up but honestly ended up blabbering instead😅was the interview relaxed? mmis stress me out so much bc i always freeze up so im hoping itll be more conversational? also were there lots of ethics/healthcare issues questions or was it more a personality test?
TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
I felt like there was a mix of ethical and non ethical topics. Mine felt very chill and some were conversational, none of them were really grilling me on my responses. Just stay broad in your thinking.was the interview relaxed? mmis stress me out so much bc i always freeze up so im hoping itll be more conversational? also were there lots of ethics/healthcare issues questions or was it more a personality test?
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
I interviewed in August! One of the first rounds. It is just frustrating not to hear anything back right now.
meowsentry
Full Member
+ IS A. interviewed 09/30. emailed just now.
molecules2001!
Full Member
Post II-WL. Interviewed 09/30 and 10/02.
doctormermaid101
Full Member
Still in the game! Are you OOS/IS?Post II-WL. Interviewed 09/30 and 10/02.
molecules2001!
Full Member
OOSStill in the game! Are you OOS/IS?
shinkicker
New Member
Based on admit data it seems like a lot of people from the early interviews haven't heard back yet.I interviewed in August! One of the first rounds. It is just frustrating not to hear anything back right now.
zestyzesty
Full Member
post II R, wow
ahh okay! i have a tendency to freeze up (froze during casper and ended up with 1q 😭which is why im stressed). would you say the follow up questions were difficult?I thought it was okay! I am also terrible at MMIs so I was super stressed before my interview, but then when the time came I realized I was overthinking it. I was also afraid of freezing up but honestly ended up blabbering instead😅
premeddddddddddsdsdsdsssd
New Member
has anyone heard from PURCH?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shinkicker
New Member
Honestly it was pretty straightforward. I only had one interviewer who really seemed like they were trying to trip me up, but the rest were very simple and conversational for the most part.ahh okay! i have a tendency to freeze up (froze during casper and ended up with 1q 😭which is why im stressed). would you say the follow up questions were difficult?
Beastmode5556
Full Member
Looks like a wave of Rs went out? Feel like I survived it but am not going to get an ii, this whole process is such a headache ahaha
FYI I got rejected in January last cycle. Applied earlyish as well.
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Yep got hit with the R todayLooks like a wave of Rs went out? Feel like I survived it but am not going to get an ii, this whole process is such a headache ahaha
D
deleted1211092
Sorry to hear about that. Did you get an email about it, and was it pre-II?Yep got hit with the R today
curiousblizzard
Full Member
Yes, pre II. I got an email this eveningSorry to hear about that. Did you get an email about it, and was it pre-II?
molecules2001!
Full Member
For anyone waitlisted or accepted, did you get a confirmation email after confirming your choice on the portal?
premeddddd122
Full Member
I also had one interviewer that asked me somewhat receptive follow up questions but I thought the rest were great and actually helped sort of guide your answer! The follow up questions for the most part made me think about things I might have missed when I initially answered and gave me a chance to add more. You’ll do great!!ahh okay! i have a tendency to freeze up (froze during casper and ended up with 1q 😭which is why im stressed). would you say the follow up questions were difficult?
Beastmode5556
Full Member
Sorry man, u got the next one fsYep got hit with the R today
Beastmode5556
Full Member
Kinda confused on cycle track it looks like they didn't reject anyone til Dec. and then had that big wave in Jan... I wonder why they started in October this yearFYI I got rejected in January last cycle. Applied earlyish as well.
Yea it is oddKinda confused on cycle track it looks like they didn't reject anyone til Dec. and then had that big wave in Jan... I wonder why they started in October this year
brahyia0
Full Member
Its probable because they have more applicants this yearKinda confused on cycle track it looks like they didn't reject anyone til Dec. and then had that big wave in Jan... I wonder why they started in October this year
Are you thinking about their pathway projects?Hi guys, during my interview they mentioned something like a thesis that students work on (as groups) throughout their time at Umass Chan. I am now blanking on what the real name of it what called? Does anyone know what I am talking about?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
shinkicker
New Member
Nowhere does it say that, and it's also not listed in the interview information on the portal, so I'm pretty sure it is not mandatory. Honestly I doubt it's tracked either, but the email seemed to imply there would be more of them in the future if you're worried.For anyone who interviewed, are the special topics sessions (like the ones talking about the curriculum) mandatory to attend?
I remember them encouraging us to attend to learn more about the school, but also said that they aren't mandatory!For anyone who interviewed, are the special topics sessions (like the ones talking about the curriculum) mandatory to attend?
premeddddd122
Full Member
I did not attend and was admitted, but think it might be helpful to learn more about the school if you have the time!For anyone who interviewed, are the special topics sessions (like the ones talking about the curriculum) mandatory to attend?
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
i haven't heard back and my interview was in the first week of September. Is this normal? Im OOS.
I interviewed that week as well and have heard nothing. Hoping to hear back soon!!i haven't heard back and my interview was in the first week of September. Is this normal? Im OOS.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K