Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did they give a timeframe on when to send them by?I remember from my interview they said updates regarding research pubs/new jobs etc. were welcome!
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did they give a timeframe on when to send them by?I remember from my interview they said updates regarding research pubs/new jobs etc. were welcome!
oh shoot no way! i thought people mostly heard back in around a month or so…good to hear they have good waitlist movement though!People tend to hear back later lol. I think they release the bulk of WLs Rs closer in March/April/May and they have a big waitlist and movement usually.
Nopedid they give a timeframe on when to send them by?
+1 OOS pre-II RPre-II R just now 🙁
when did you submit?Pre-II R just now 🙁
Congratulations!! When did you interview?canadian A just now!!! my first A after 4 Canadian cycles and 3 MCATs!!!!! if i could, you can too. God bless you all!!!!!
thank you! november 13&20Congratulations!! When did you interview?
CONGRATULATIONS!!! as a fellow canadian, i am SO proud of you!!! hopefully i get some good news after my interview too, it would be amazing to have a fellow canadian in my class!canadian A just now!!! my first A after 4 Canadian cycles and 3 MCATs!!!!! if i could, you can too. God bless you all!!!!!
THANK YOU i am absolutely going to see you. what is meant to be will always be. believe in yourself, best of luck my friend ❤️CONGRATULATIONS!!! as a fellow canadian, i am SO proud of you!!! hopefully i get some good news after my interview too, it would be amazing to have a fellow canadian in my class!
Was accepted OOS around a month ago. For a public school it isn’t as bad as other schools id sayDoes anyone know how receptive UMass is to OOS? I was under the impression that they do like some OOS, but individuals on admit have been saying otherwise
i doubt it, they could just be reviewing your file. it’s not an R until you get the R!If people who interviewed on the same day as me already received an acceptance and I haven't gotten a decision, does that mean I am rejected or waitlisted?
congrats! when did you interview?OOS A!
11/18!congrats! when did you interview?
would love to be added to this!is there an accepted student group chat of some kind?
I was also out of state and was accepted in October! My stats were nothing crazy by any means, so I'd say very receptiveDoes anyone know how receptive UMass is to OOS? I was under the impression that they do like some OOS, but individuals on admit have been saying otherwise
Same!!would love to be added to this!
me too!would love to be added to this!
There should be one made in the next 1-2 months, so stay on the lookout for it!Same!!
It also seems from here that they really like the international students they interview?Honestly, if this thread is any indicator, it seems they love their OOS applicants a lot more (or at least, a lot earlier) than their IS applicants.
But my agitated take doesn't matter. Here are the hard numbers:
View attachment 412457
I feel the same way. I’m in state and know many other in state applicants who haven’t heard anything, but so many people from OOS have and gotten accepted tooHonestly, if this thread is any indicator, it seems they love their OOS applicants a lot more (or at least, a lot earlier) than their IS applicants.
But my agitated take doesn't matter. Here are the hard numbers:
View attachment 412457
What's even more obnoxious is that the in-state requirement for this school is 7 years. It's not like other schools where you get an in-state bias after living there for one measly year. You or your immediate relatives need to live and pay taxes to Massachusetts for 7 years to have the privilege of just a very slight in-state bias. But if you ever look at MSAR, in-state acceptees have higher stats that the OOS, both MCAT and GPA are higher for IS. So is it even a bias? The other three MA med schools have zero in-state bias and are all extremely competitive. As one of the top states in education, we have plenty of intelligent and capable pre-meds from this state who presumably will continue to practice here.I feel the same way. I’m in state and know many other in state applicants who haven’t heard anything, but so many people from OOS have and gotten accepted too
Agreed, if I got an interview and accepted, I would obviously stay and practice here. MA is my homeWhat's even more obnoxious is that the in-state requirement for this school is 7 years. It's not like other schools where you get an in-state bias after living there for one measly year. You or your immediate relatives need to live and pay taxes to Massachusetts for 7 years to have the privilege of just a very slight in-state bias. But if you ever look at MSAR, in-state acceptees have higher stats that the OOS, both MCAT and GPA are higher for IS. So is it even a bias? The other three MA med schools have zero in-state bias and are all extremely competitive. As one of the top states in education, we have plenty of intelligent and capable pre-meds from this state who presumably will continue to practice here.
Do you think UMass might turn into a school like UMich then? Public school but doesn’t really consider in state bias?Yes this school in recent years has increased the number of OOS slots and looks for higher stat applicants with service for those spots.
The state already produces many qualified applicants each year so it was competitive before since UMass was the only public school. Some states have intervened and required more seats go to IS students, but that is not the case in others like VA. Massachusetts also hardly has a problem with attracting doctors to come and work.Do you think UMass might turn into a school like UMich then? Public school but doesn’t really consider in state bias?
I did UMass SURP a few summers ago, and there was one lecture on their MD program where Mr. Charles really emphasized wanting to expand their reach to OOS applicants compared to their behavior in the past.Do you think UMass might turn into a school like UMich then? Public school but doesn’t really consider in state bias?
prayers to get in this cycle before that trend continues lolI did UMass SURP a few summers ago, and there was one lecture on their MD program where Mr. Charles really emphasized wanting to expand their reach to OOS applicants compared to their behavior in the past.
I don't know if we're cooked or not, but I'm in the same boat so you're not alone! I think I also saw another early PURCH interviewee in this thread who hadn't heard back still.If I interviewed for PURCH and regular MD in August and still haven’t heard back am I cooked?
1-2 weeks (took the two week option bc of other interviews and needing to prep for MMI). Coming up so not accepted/rejected yet obv, can't speak to if invite dates relate to desirability.hey yall! for those of you that got an invite to interview, how far out were the actual interview dates? it seems like they potentially give different dates depending on how much they like you? some people seem to get an interview slot months later while for others it's days or weeks
I could see dates about 1-2 weeks out but have a friend with higher stats who could only see dates after the new year. Unsure if there is a correlation there, but I'm around 2 weeks post-interview and have not heard back yethey yall! for those of you that got an invite to interview, how far out were the actual interview dates? it seems like they potentially give different dates depending on how much they like you? some people seem to get an interview slot months later while for others it's days or weeks
Yeah it's definitely very strange...for myself, the earliest date was less than a week away, and the farthest date was less than two weeks awayI could see dates about 1-2 weeks out but have a friend with higher stats who could only see dates after the new year. Unsure if there is a correlation there, but I'm around 2 weeks post-interview and have not heard back yet
Same here, when I received my inviteYeah it's definitely very strange...for myself, the earliest date was less than a week away, and the farthest date was less than two weeks away
Any input on this? I want to ask them about it directly but am afraid it may play with my acceptance (?)Has anyone ever heard of schools--especially uMass, for example--waiving course requirements? I've taken 1/2 physics and every realistic available option ends in late Aug, which is after classes begin... Any input helps 🙂
You're already accepted so I think you should ask them now. They may waive it for you but if they do not, you still have time to search for an online physics course somewhere.Any input on this? I want to ask them about it directly but am afraid it may play with my acceptance (?)
same!Same!!
Interviewed on 10/30 got the A on 11/7How soon after your interview did you guys hear back...I'm starting to get worried.
holy **** that's insane - I need your advice on how to approach mine!!!Interviewed on 10/30 got the A on 11/7
interviewed 10/15, accepted 11/14How soon after your interview did you guys hear back...I'm starting to get worried.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.