You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Massachusetts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
samplam
Full Member
i actually will say a few of my circuits were not ethics based! i don't want to go too deep into it obviously, but be on the lookoutAll the circuits are scenario/ethics based. Congratulations and good luck!!
medstudent2516
Full Member
Does anyone know if a lot of PURCH acceptances have been sent out yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does UMass review applications in order? I submitted my secondary 7/7 and still no II. 515/4.0/97th percentile on PREview. I am also in-state, so I am surprised to have not heard anything yet since they have a strong IS preference. I have seen people who submitted after me get IIs then As, so I don't think it is looking too good 🙁 but then again they interview through Feb so maybe there's a chance...
No schools review in order, but even then with your submit date they have already seen your application at least once.Does UMass review applications in order? I submitted my secondary 7/7 and still no II. 515/4.0/97th percentile on PREview.
How well do you fit their mission? Have you spoken to current students and faculty to understand what their mission actually is? Every school has a copy and paste mission/values on their website so you really have to ask directly to figure out where their priorities for education lie. A student could have a 520+ MCAT and 4.0 but won't get love at schools below their stat range if the schools are service focused and all the applicant has done is research. Stats are not everything in the modern application era.515/4.0/97th percentile on PREview. I am also in-state, so I am surprised to have not heard anything yet since they have a strong IS preference.
No schools review in order, but even then with your submit date they have already seen your application at least once.
How well do you fit their mission? Have you spoken to current students and faculty to understand what their mission actually is? Every school has a copy and paste mission/values on their website so you really have to ask directly to figure out where their priorities for education lie. A student could have a 520+ MCAT and 4.0 but won't get love at schools below their stat range if the schools are service focused and all the applicant has done is research. Stats are not everything in the modern application era.
I had a co-worker who did years of OB/GYN research at one of the Boston hospital and is a current M1 there.
My understanding that, yes, UMass is service-ish primary a school to fill in the primary care shortage in MA, but it seems they value meaningful research work and innovation as well.
kenny_p0wers
New Member
Interviewed 9/16, radio silence since. I know from this thread, prior threads, and the admissions staff that "they don't review in order"/adcoms only vote 1x/mo pre Christmas break.
However, looking at admit's stats (self reported, I know) that for those who get pushed later and later tend to get the axe.
Is it actually "random" or is this starting to not look so great for me? Thanks
However, looking at admit's stats (self reported, I know) that for those who get pushed later and later tend to get the axe.
Is it actually "random" or is this starting to not look so great for me? Thanks
trackstarlegend
Full Member
Were there 7 circuits like the website says?i actually will say a few of my circuits were not ethics based! i don't want to go too deep into it obviously, but be on the lookout
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
Chance for any more II? I am IS (been here my whole life), LM 72. Submitted secondary 7/21
oliveyoung
New Member
Also wondering this, but for the regular track's MMI.Can we take notes during the PURCH interview?
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
Hey all! Congrats to the big wave of recent As. I interviewed at this school literally first round of interviews and have heard nothing back yet. Would it be wrong for me to call admissions office for an update or should I take this as a soft R for now?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
Also wondering thisis there an admitted students groupme?
Considering thanksgiving is next week do we think there will be anymore As for the rest of the month?
Omg wait who else just got an email about a post-interview survey? 😭 I think my heart stopped for a second
shinkicker
New Member
Their pattern has been so unpredictable and unlike last year's that I feel like it's just impossible to say. You could probably call or email them but I think they'll most likely just tell you that you're still in consideration.Hey all! Congrats to the big wave of recent As. I interviewed at this school literally first round of interviews and have heard nothing back yet. Would it be wrong for me to call admissions office for an update or should I take this as a soft R for now?
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
Thank you for the advice! I know most schools give a window of 4-8 weeks for a decision, but I'm almost at 15 weeks for my post-interview decision.Their pattern has been so unpredictable and unlike last year's that I feel like it's just impossible to say. You could probably call or email them but I think they'll most likely just tell you that you're still in consideration.
Rabcoleman7
Full Member
OOS PURCH/MD WL. Does anyone know if there is a lot of movement with the PURCH program or if I would ever be considered separate of PURCH and be removed off waitlist for regular MD?
molecules2001!
Full Member
This was me a month ago, I feel your pain but I hope we get off the waitlist!
OOS PURCH/MD WL. Does anyone know if there is a lot of movement with the PURCH program or if I would ever be considered separate of PURCH and be removed off waitlist for regular MD?
brahyia0
Full Member
you can email them and ask if there's an update on your application.Hey all! Congrats to the big wave of recent As. I interviewed at this school literally first round of interviews and have heard nothing back yet. Would it be wrong for me to call admissions office for an update or should I take this as a soft R for now?
meowsentry
Full Member
Definitely don't do this.you can email them and ask if there's an update on your application.
applicant29999
New Member
Does anyone know if UMass typically has any waitlist movement before the end of April?
molecules2001!
Full Member
Would love to know as well about ^^
buslover747
New Member
Last year UMass interviewed 19 international students and admitted 6 (on MSAR) which is larger than the OOS ratio. Does this mean they have allocated seats for international students maybe?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pinkslip_ff2
Full Member
+1 OOS II, LM 75
Congrats! Mind sharing your completion date and LM?+1 INTL (Canadian II)!!!
of course!! not sure my LM, but my gpa is 3.8 and mcat is 511. I was complete on Sept 10th!Congrats! Mind sharing your completion date and LM?
PaulAtreides2122
Full Member
It’s pass/failAlso, I'm seeing some different things online...is umass p/f?
thanks!!It’s pass/fail
brahyia0
Full Member
PRACTICE!+1 IS II (LM 76.5; complete 8/12). Any advice on MMI?
what resources did you use to practice? So much out there, I'm a little unsure...PRACTICE!
DoneWithDolls
Full Member
I interviewed here a few weeks ago. I used the BeMo MMI book and Samir Desai's MMI book. I didn't finish Desai's book, but it was very useful for some of the questions which were asked. For each book, I would read the question and attempt to answer them, then compare my answers with the ones in the book. I also did an hour mock interview with my advisor where she'd give me a scenario and then go over it with me.
Thank you so much for your advice!! I really appreciate it! I believe all the MMI stations are just discussion-based right, no acting anything out? That's what I understood from the instructions, but just want to make sure I didn't misinterpret anything!I interviewed here a few weeks ago. I used the BeMo MMI book and Samir Desai's MMI book. I didn't finish Desai's book, but it was very useful for some of the questions which were asked. For each book, I would read the question and attempt to answer them, then compare my answers with the ones in the book. I also did an hour mock interview with my advisor where she'd give me a scenario and then go over it with me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DoneWithDolls
Full Member
No acting for this MMI. Also no instructions scenarios (I think Stanford's MMI is infamous for this).Thank you so much for your advice!! I really appreciate it! I believe all the MMI stations are just discussion-based right, no acting anything out? That's what I understood from the instructions, but just want to make sure I didn't misinterpret anything!
It's pretty discussion based. You'll be given a scenario and a question. Present to the interviewer, and then they ask follow-up questions. I thought it was pretty conversational.
okok that's good to know, thanks!! it sounds pretty similar to my stanford mmi experience so hopefully that will come in handy LOLNo acting for this MMI. Also no instructions scenarios (I think Stanford's MMI is infamous for this).
It's pretty discussion based. You'll be given a scenario and a question. Present to the interviewer, and then they ask follow-up questions. I thought it was pretty conversational.
People tend to hear back later lol. I think they release the bulk of WLs Rs closer in March/April/May and they have a big waitlist and movement usually.Also, does anybody have information on what the post-II acceptance rate usually is, and when people tend to hear back post-interview? It seems to be very variable but if there’s any definitive information I missed on their site, I’d love to know!!
I remember from my interview they said updates regarding research pubs/new jobs etc. were welcome!Anybody interview 10/7 and they haven't heard back yet? Also, are we allowed to send meaningful updates like a research publication and other volunteering stuff post II?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K