TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exactly a month after 10/7How soon after your interview did you guys hear back...I'm starting to get worried.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Exactly a month after 10/7How soon after your interview did you guys hear back...I'm starting to get worried.
Interviewed 9/16 and heard back 10/15, i’ve heard it can be very random in terms of when you hear back. No news is good news!How soon after your interview did you guys hear back...I'm starting to get worried.
Nope no role playing!hey guys! to confirm, the MMIs aren't role playing scenarios right? Only discussion based?
No, just mmi. I think their mmi is more chill than most other schools IMOThere aren't any traditional format interviews at UMass?
This is wild lolI did UMass SURP a few summers ago, and there was one lecture on their MD program where Mr. Charles really emphasized wanting to expand their reach to OOS applicants compared to their behavior in the past.
no role playing scenarios!hey guys! to confirm, the MMIs aren't role playing scenarios right? Only discussion based
unless you're interviewing for lead@laheyThere aren't any traditional format interviews at UMass?
Congrats!! When was your interview?+1 A IS for PURCH! During interviews, they told us we would hear decisions during the first 2 weeks of december
thank you!! 11/13 and 20Congrats!! When was your interview?
Congrats!! Did you get an email or call?+1 A IS for PURCH! During interviews, they told us we would hear decisions during the first 2 weeks of december
Thank you so much! And, I got a call.Congrats!! Did you get an email or call?
I also got a call and an A!! Does it mean we are accepted to UMass or only to Purch and have to wait for general admission decision? I was so happy I can't recall the conversation, and whether the dr on the call said I was admitted to Umass. Can someone comment on this pls?Thank you so much! And, I got a call.
From what they said during my interview, you can't be accepted to PURCH without being accepted to main campus too. Most likely you got accepted to both, but it should be in the portal/email? 🙂 either way congrats!! you're gonna be a doctorI also got a call and an A!! Does it mean we are accepted to UMass or only to Purch and have to wait for general admission decision? I was so happy I can't recall the conversation, and whether the dr on the call said I was admitted to Umass. Can someone comment on this pls?
Okay great, that’s what I thought. But I haven’t received an official email confirming and my portal status still says under review.From what they said during my interview, you can't be accepted to PURCH without being accepted to main campus too. Most likely you got accepted to both, but it should be in the portal/email? 🙂 either way congrats!! you're gonna be a doctor
I tried logging into my portal too for an update letter but it said they were doing maintenance, I wonder if that might be whyOkay great, that’s what I thought. But I haven’t received an official email confirming and my portal status still says under review.
It was scheduled maintenance. I was accepted to MD program a month ago and they had a notification about that.I tried logging into my portal too for an update letter but it said they were doing maintenance, I wonder if that might be why
Congrats!! Did you receive an offer letter via email? I think I the dr on the call mentioned receiving one the next day, but I haven’t yet.I also got a call and an A!! Does it mean we are accepted to UMass or only to Purch and have to wait for general admission decision? I was so happy I can't recall the conversation, and whether the dr on the call said I was admitted to Umass. Can someone comment on this pls?
I have heard WL movement is pretty strong in April/May, but not sure how IS/OOS influences that+1 OOS WL. What is the waitlist movement like?
Got it, thank you!I have heard WL movement is pretty strong in April/May, but not sure how IS/OOS influences that
Yes I received the official letter an hour ago.Congrats!! Did you receive an offer letter via email? I think I the dr on the call mentioned receiving one the next day, but I haven’t yet.
congratulations! when did you interview?OOS A MSTP!
Thanks! I interviewed 10/15 and 10/30. Received a highly ranked email on 11/6congratulations! when did you interview?
congrats!! what is a highly ranked email? I've never heard of this with umassThanks! I interviewed 10/15 and 10/30. Received a highly ranked email on 11/6
I think it's specific to the MSTP, just says that they have have discussed your app and have "high interest" in it and that they'd like you to start speaking with potential PIscongrats!! what is a highly ranked email? I've never heard of this with umass
Oh I see, thanks for letting me know!I think it's specific to the MSTP, just says that they have have discussed your app and have "high interest" in it and that they'd like you to start speaking with potential PIs
I'm assuming there isn't one, so I just made it.does anyone know if there's a admitted student's group chat/discord yet?
Based on cycle track interviews go out until mid FebDoes anyone know how late they give interviews out like if I haven’t heard back, is it likely an automated rejection is incoming?
Thank you!!You can add one into the portal documents as a general thank you to everyone so that the committee can see it. I emailed the admissions office and thats what they said.
Gotcha so I guess there’s still hope then. Idk if they silently reject or notify all applicantsBased on cycle track interviews go out until mid Feb
how should one structure a thank you note though, since we don’t know our interviewer’s names and we had multiple?You can add one into the portal documents as a general thank you to everyone so that the committee can see it. I emailed the admissions office and thats what they said.
how should one structure a thank you note though, since we don’t know our interviewer’s names and we had multiple?
I struggled with this as well but kept it to a very general thank you to all involved. Ihow should one structure a thank you note though, since we don’t know our interviewer’s names and we had multiple?
Can second this is what I did as well. Plan on sending update/interest (maybe intent) later but not with thank you noteI just said I would like to extend a thank you for the admissions team for organizing the interciew and for the interviewers that took the time out of their day to speak to us. They don't expect us to remember everyone's names.
I waited until now they never started it on my end.Is anyone still waiting for the Q&A session that was scheduled for 3pm EST today to start? Not sure if I have the correct meeting info, I just used what was provided in the portal.
Thanks for responding I thought it was just me!I waited until now they never started it on my end.
Sounds like they started the holiday break end of last week!Thanks for responding I thought it was just me!
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.