You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
BeMO, read news, UWash ethics pageAny tips for interview?
these numbers aren't the official numbers.Their class size is 90. Last year they received 8998 applications and sent out 156 acceptances. 1.73% isn't much better but ya😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you say that, and what are the official numbers?these numbers aren't the official numbers.
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
Do we know if they drop lowest mmi? I've heard lots of school disclose that but wasn't sure if Stanford did
Imaginarydoc
Full Member
I dont understand why not since they were on MSARthese numbers aren't the official numbers.
Imaginarydoc
Full Member
Can you specify what you mean about "read news", like just general world news, or particularly about medicine or innovation?BeMO, read news, UWash ethics page
General news. Not just medicine. Education, social issues, etcCan you specify what you mean about "read news", like just general world news, or particularly about medicine or innovation?
pinkfluffyunicorn
Full Member
Me neither!Has anyone invited for PSTP interview gotten an email about scheduling? I still haven't gotten it...
Central6245
Full Member
When did you submit? Also, I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that AdCom was not accommodating conflicting interviews.OOS II omg cannot believe it.
Also, does any know what they mean by "extenuating circumstances" when talking about possibly rescheduling the interview? the date that was offered conflicts with another interview i have and do not want to give up either since they are both my top choices. 🙁
tread lightly, someone earlier this year who asked to move their interview to a different day was told, "no"OOS II omg cannot believe it.
Also, does any know what they mean by "extenuating circumstances" when talking about possibly rescheduling the interview? the date that was offered conflicts with another interview i have and do not want to give up either since they are both my top choices. 🙁
Central6245
Full Member
Submit date?IS II! Interviewing October 10!
when were you complete🙂 congrats!OOS II omg cannot believe it.
Also, does any know what they mean by "extenuating circumstances" when talking about possibly rescheduling the interview? the date that was offered conflicts with another interview i have and do not want to give up either since they are both my top choices. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1220694
when were you complete🙂 congrats!
I was complete 7/16When did you submit? Also, I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that AdCom was not accommodating conflicting interviews.
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Submitted and complete 7/14Submit date?
Equivalent-Pudding15
Full Member
Have my PSTP interview in a few weeks and I starting to get nervous. Worried they're going to rip my research apart. Hoping it's just a conversation of finding out why i want to become a physician scientist.
vex10
Full Member
be proud and happy to talk about your research and how much it means to you and your future ambitions/goals. It's really a core tenet of who you are so don't feel stressed!Have my PSTP interview in a few weeks and I starting to get nervous. Worried they're going to rip my research apart. Hoping it's just a conversation of finding out why i want to become a physician scientist.
vex10
Full Member
I am wondering this too plsss my interview Friday lmaooCan anyone who has interviewed here speak on the atmosphere of the MMIs + one on one?
throwingthisinthemix
Full Member
I thought everyone was extremely friendly, particularly the one on one that was just a chill conversation. The MMIs are MMIs in the sense that you don't feel amazing after (or I didn't, but I hope that's normal!) but they make it clear that they are doing it for the best interest of us/to limit bias. Did not get bad vibes from anyone and thought they were truly trying to help me get to a well-rounded answer if that makes sense.
Imaginarydoc
Full Member
Was there any "role playing" as part of the MMIsI thought everyone was extremely friendly, particularly the one on one that was just a chill conversation. The MMIs are MMIs in the sense that you don't feel amazing after (or I didn't, but I hope that's normal!) but they make it clear that they are doing it for the best interest of us/to limit bias. Did not get bad vibes from anyone and thought they were truly trying to help me get to a well-rounded answer if that makes sense.
+1 OOS II MD-PSTP!! I'm shaking and crying happy tears rn
Last edited:
I agree lol, the MMI was interesting. How was your one on one, pretty conversational?How are we feeling after today's interview, everyone? I think it went very well, very deep questions lmaoo.
samplam
Full Member
I agree. I think it went well, but I'm not a fan of the MMI format (this was my first MMI). Traditional interview felt nice.How are we feeling after today's interview, everyone? I think it went very well, very deep questions lmaoo.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
vex10
Full Member
Yep, super interesting. The topics were genuinely cool and higher-order iykyk lmaoo. I think my responses were concise ~2 min, then follow-up qs till the end of time. And most of my ppl were super helpful, and I think agreed with how I chose to respond. Trad interview all smiles and my guy wasn't that conversational but he was glazing rip lmaoo. I am def sending my update letter this week.I agree lol, the MMI was interesting. How was your one on one, pretty conversational?
vex10
Full Member
I agree lol, the MMI was interesting. How was your one on one, pretty conversational?
will I see y'all at the social tonight? my friend's 2 friend's are hosting it lmaooI agree. I think it went well, but I'm not a fan of the MMI format (this was my first MMI). Traditional interview felt nice.
samplam
Full Member
Can't go unfortunately 🙁 Hoping they hold more throughout the fallwill I see y'all at the social tonight? my friend's 2 friend's are hosting it lmaoo
Same, wish they sent it out a bit earlier lol.will I see y'all at the social tonight? my friend's 2 friend's are hosting it lmaoo
vex10
Full Member
Can't go unfortunately 🙁 Hoping they hold more throughout the fall
I trust they will haha, I'll ask my friend lol.Same, wish they sent it out a bit earlier lol.
samplam
Full Member
I think they said if the update letter would've contained everything you said in your two-minute spiel in your traditional interview, they don't want it.What is their policy on post-interview update letters? I know they mentioned it but it was at the end of a long interview day 😭
Most of the interviews invites done? Which month are they scheduling interview for? Not yet January I hope
Or will there be more interview invites after they closes secondaries October 8th?
Anybody has insight or educated guesses?
Would they keep spots open till all the applications in or they go systematically by completed secondary date?
If so the last secondary completed date for Interview Invite on this forum is 7/23. So they will look only applications roughly after that?
Any theories?
Or will there be more interview invites after they closes secondaries October 8th?
Anybody has insight or educated guesses?
Would they keep spots open till all the applications in or they go systematically by completed secondary date?
If so the last secondary completed date for Interview Invite on this forum is 7/23. So they will look only applications roughly after that?
Any theories?
CurledAlarmist
Full Member
I know it's hard, but don't freak out. Everyone's guess is as good as yours. All we know is that they will clearly continue interviewing. Everything is beyond our hands atp so go biking or on a jogMost of the interviews invites done? Which month are they scheduling interview for? Not yet January I hope
Or will there be more interview invites after they closes secondaries October 8th?
Anybody has insight or educated guesses?
Would they keep spots open till all the applications in or they go systematically by completed secondary date?
If so the last secondary completed date for Interview Invite on this forum is 7/23. So they will look only applications roughly after that?
Any theories?
imbadatwritingessaysahhhh
Full Member
technically number of matriculants != number accepted, since there are people who decline their A's. still, doesn't bump the acceptance rate by muchAccording to 2022/2023 data, Stanford had an acceptance rate of 1.1%. Of the 8409 applicants, 499 received interviews, and 90 received an acceptance. Stanford doesn't screen for secondaries (everyone gets one), so by these metrics, we can say that 6% of applicants get an interview. So yes, the funnel is extreme, but I would say try not to stress the numbers since all med school numbers are crazy...if no II, it's their loss I'm sure 🙂
pulsatilepony
Full Member
Sees "!=", cries in Rtechnically number of matriculants != number accepted, since there are people who decline their A's. still, doesn't bump the acceptance rate by much
imbadatwritingessaysahhhh
Full Member
I'll be crying about a different kind of R in when the rejection waves roll inSees "!=", cries in R
Congratulations!! will you be able to share stats and secondary submit date? When did the invite come? today?IS MSTP II!
Thank you! LM 82, I think my secondary submit date was late July, invite came today.Congratulations!! will you be able to share stats and secondary submit date? When did the invite come? today?
huntersthompson7
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, LM 76
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
wow this is a massacre
+1 OOS pre-II R womp womp
dustycrusader
Full Member
OOS pre-II R, LM 75
LambAndWolf
Full Member
OOS pre-II R 😔
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K