2025-2026 UTSW

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would really hope this isn't the case, as I'm still waiting on any interviews at all. However, looking at Cycle Track, there does seem to be a lull of interviews recently surrounding the initial prematch for the current cycle, which isn't present in the data collected from previous cycles. I would hope that this means there is a large surge of interviews on the horizon, but we shall see. Hoping for the best for myself and anyone else stuck in limbo.
UTSW doesn’t send out batches of interviews as often as some of the others
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Out of curiosity, just how bad of a sign is it if people who interviewed after us got acceptances but we didnt? (PS congrats to all those who prematched!)
 
Out of curiosity, just how bad of a sign is it if people who interviewed after us got acceptances but we didnt? (PS congrats to all those who prematched!)
Not all who interview will proceed to an acceptance unfortunately, so it’s not “bad”, it’s just part of the process of selection
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is it too early/desperate to send a letter of intent? i'm an oos student who got an interview in the first wave, didn't hear anything in the oct 15 admissions wave, not sure if i should send a letter before the nov wave or wait.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all!

I’m still hopefully waiting to hear back from UTSW for an II, but so far I haven’t received anything. I put together the attached spreadsheets that break down MCAT and GPA data from TMDSAS applicants and the corresponding interview-invitation rates for each school. Feel free to take a look.

I’ve been fortunate to receive IIs from Baylor, UTMB, and TTUHSC El Paso, but I’m confused about why I’m hearing from these schools and not others like UTSW. I’ve seen applicants with a very wide range of LM scores receive IIs there, so I’m trying to understand how schools decide whom to invite. For reference, my LM is 74.

If anyone has insight into how UTSW or other TMDSAS schools approach II selection, I’d really appreciate it. Tagging @wysdoc and @TMDSASSY in case you have any thoughts!
 

Attachments

  • TMDSAS Applicant Data.pdf
    TMDSAS Applicant Data.pdf
    70.2 KB · Views: 747
  • TX MSAR.png
    TX MSAR.png
    208.2 KB · Views: 454