You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Virginia Commonwealth (VCU)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
studyingformcatblah
Full Member
just did regularFor those that have gotten an II, did you apply to any special programs (early decision, fmstat, etc.), or just regular decision MD? Thanks and congrats!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II! I'm so excited, this was one of my favorite schools I applied to!
zoroisthebest
Full Member
congratulations!! LM and submit date?OOS II! I'm so excited, this was one of my favorite schools I applied to!
I think my LM is about 74, and I submitted 07/11!congratulations!! LM and submit date?
dogandcupcakelover
Full Member
Has anyone not heard of a decision yet? I submitted early July and have not been rejected but have not received an interview. Do they mostly reject everyone later?
ninstonbiller
Full Member
Definitely why medicineAnyone know what the traditional-style interview question could be? I was thinking either tell me about yourself, why us, or why medicine, but am not sure if it could be anything else.
Cosecant1234
Full Member
+1 OOS II! Submitted 7/1
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
OOS II! Aubmitted 07/05, LM 69
duckgoesquack
Full Member
OOS II !! Submitted 7/3
anklelocktheworld
Full Member
+1 IS II submitted 07/02!!
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
Has anybody received an interview from them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Was it that hard to scroll up a single message?Has anybody received an interview from them?
Yes right above your post@@Has anybody received an interview from them?
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
i didn't know what the abbreviations meant 😳Was it that hard to scroll up a single message?
not_houseMD
Full Member
IS = in statei didn't know what the abbreviations meant 😳
OOS = out of state
II = interview invite
R = rejection
A = acceptance
LM = Lizzy M Score. A combination of your GPA and MCAT. LizzyM Score Calculator - What are my medical school chances?
Last edited:
happyplace333
Full Member
LM?+1 IS II submitted 07/02!!
Catlover3232
Full Member
Hey guys idk if this can be answered but will VCU's MMI contain some kind of role playing/acting or will it be closer to the CASPER style of explaining things?
futuratypeface
Full Member
+1 IS II
not_houseMD
Full Member
When did you submit? LM?+1 IS II
futuratypeface
Full Member
complete 7/10! 515/3.72, I was considering not applying because of GPA, but someone has to be the 10th percentile lolWhen did you submit? LM?
zestyzesty
Full Member
OOS II
+1 OOS II LM 74!
That70sProphet
Full Member
Does anyone know if they're going in chronological order? My complete was late on 8/20, so I'm wondering if I wouldn't get anything till November?
Once your secondary is in/complete and has been reviewed (which I would assume yours has by now) I don't think timing/chronological order has much to do with it.Does anyone know if they're going in chronological order? My complete was late on 8/20, so I'm wondering if I wouldn't get anything till November?
It's hard to tell how exactly they prioritize reviewing applications but it's not purely based of when your submission date is based on my experience with other schools.Does anyone know if they're going in chronological order? My complete was late on 8/20, so I'm wondering if I wouldn't get anything till November?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Schools do not review chronologically nor do they offer IIs based on who submitted first. It helps to be in for the first rounds, but each school is different in how they prioritize stats, mission fit, demographics, etc. To build a diverse and representative class, they have to see where they have gaps during the application process.Does anyone know if they're going in chronological order? My complete was late on 8/20, so I'm wondering if I wouldn't get anything till November?
not_houseMD
Full Member
It's definitely not purely based on your submit date. But I think a plays a not insignificant role, at least at rolling admissions schools. Schools like Tulane and Boston University seem to be rejecting and inviting applicants in order of submit date, at least from what I've seen in these threads and on other websites. But I agree it's hard to tell how exactly they review these apps...It's hard to tell how exactly they prioritize reviewing applications but it's not purely based of when your submission date is based on my experience with other schools.
machamochi
Full Member
just interviewed here today! loved the school, people, and program. keeping my fingers crossed for 10/16!
conradfisher
Full Member
does anyone know how long after interviews people have been getting holds so far this cycle/if they are doing it the same way as last year? thanks in advance 🙂
Cosecant1234
Full Member
I am hoping it will be this evening! It was the Monday after your interview week last year!does anyone know how long after interviews people have been getting holds so far this cycle/if they are doing it the same way as last year? thanks in advance 🙂
conradfisher
Full Member
Me too! Interviewed last week but haven't received anything yet and was hoping to get one today since they said they would review on Monday! Fingers crossed!I am hoping it will be this evening! It was the Monday after your interview week last year!
Cosecant1234
Full Member
I interviewed last week as well! Fingers crossedMe too! Interviewed last week but haven't received anything yet and was hoping to get one today since they said they would review on Monday! Fingers crossed!
I don't think anyone has gotten them according to this thread. I interviewed in August and haven't heard anything. Last year the first holds seemed to go out the afternoon of 9/23, so I was hoping it would be today... the wait continues it seemsdoes anyone know how long after interviews people have been getting holds so far this cycle/if they are doing it the same way as last year? thanks in advance 🙂
Last edited:
Cosecant1234
Full Member
I feel like last year they were sending out acceptances in the late evening, was hoping for my sanity it would be the same with the hold notifications. I guess if nothing in the next hour they are likely doing something different this year :/I don't think anyone has gotten them according to this thread (and my own optimism LOL; I interviewed in August and haven't heard anything.) Last year the first holds seemed to go out the afternoon of 9/23, so I was hoping it would be today... the wait continues it seems![]()
don't forget everyone will be "on hold" until October 15, the first day regular decision applicants can be offered admissionI feel like last year they were sending out acceptances in the late evening, was hoping for my sanity it would be the same with the hold notifications. I guess if nothing in the next hour they are likely doing something different this year :/
Cosecant1234
Full Member
Yes, I know 🙂 I was just trying to correlate their acceptance release time to their potential hold release time.don't forget everyone will be "on hold" until October 15, the first day regular decision applicants can be offered admission
tomatosandwich
New Member
has anyone received a hold email yet/does anyone know if they're still doing that this year?
Last edited:
Cosecant1234
Full Member
I'm sure we would have heard if anyone got a hold email. Looks like we are going to have to wait it out.has anyone received a hold email yet/does anyone know if they're still doing that this year?
conradfisher
Full Member
Agreed! Best of luck to everyone waiting 🙂I'm sure we would have heard if anyone got a hold email. Looks like we are going to have to wait it out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Catlover3232
Full Member
I got an email sept 17 confirming I completed my interview with the school (interviewed a bit over a week before this email). Could that be the equivalent of last years hold where it's basically the "we processed your application" email?has anyone received a hold email yet/does anyone know if they're still doing that this year?
Cosecant1234
Full Member
Fingers crossed for some "on-hold" emails tomorrow!
zestyzesty
Full Member
how does the thinking time before the MMI work? are you able to write notes
treasurehound44
Full Member
they explicitly say no notes during the MMI, they put up the question on the screen for everybody and give you 2 minutes to think before sending you to breakout rooms with interviewers, it was honestly not that stressful you'll do great!
That70sProphet
Full Member
You guys think there will be some iis sent out here soon?