lebronjames.
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you submit?sooo when does anyone expect the next wave of II to be? 🙁 losing #hope
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
when did you submit?sooo when does anyone expect the next wave of II to be? 🙁 losing #hope
7/30 🙁when did you submit?
The hold I got earlier in the month didn’t have that last line either. I understand changing things between cycles, but it would be strange if they decided to revoke the “A or WL” deal at this point. I wonder if they reject from the waitlist?As a reapplicant this is different from last year. Does this mean they can reject you post interview before March? Cuz that’s so stressful
They do reject from WL according to last years this thread.The hold I got earlier in the month didn’t have that last line either. I understand changing things between cycles, but it would be strange if they decided to revoke the “A or WL” deal at this point. I wonder if they reject from the waitlist?
I was actually one of the like two people rejected before going on waitlist😂The hold I got earlier in the month didn’t have that last line either. I understand changing things between cycles, but it would be strange if they decided to revoke the “A or WL” deal at this point. I wonder if they reject from the waitlist?
+1, does anyone interviewed but not receiving this?+1 hold email again
Maybe it means they are still interested in me (😭)
I could be wrong, but I think everyone will have a post interview hold. At least that’s what it seemed like for me.Do I understand correctly that everyone receives a post-II hold until the next decision date?
yeah I keep getting an error messageis anyone else unable to access their application right now?
mine's back up! thought i'd see a new Interview tab LOLyeah I keep getting an error message
LM?+1 IS II
71.8!
Yes, however, from what I understand, it will not matter as your application will not be reviewed again until the waitlist.Dudes and dudettes, do you guys know whether they accept update letters post II and hold?
I assumed just typical MMI? A couple traditional questions woven in plus some scenarios?Hey all, I got an II. I'm a little confused about the format. Are we being asked the same traditional question several times by different people? Basically being drilled about one question? Then doing the MMI scenario?
one station is a traditional question you're given more time to answer, the other stations after that are traditional MMI with different people and different questionsHey all, I got an II. I'm a little confused about the format. Are we being asked the same traditional question several times by different people? Basically being drilled about one question? Then doing the MMI scenario?
Thank you! That makes more senseone station is a traditional question you're given more time to answer, the other stations after that are traditional MMI with different people and different questions
I wish they asked me this. I had a love letter writtenDo they ask why VCU? I’m worried about having to memorize my thoughts since we can’t have notes
SameGot the hold this morning. Interviewed 10/28
Post or pre interview?Anyone else get a rejection this morning from VCU?
Hold just means they reviewed your application. I'm pretty sure everyone gets it after their interview.I am inclined to start believing that the hold email is sent to everyone after their interview, no? Because it seems that I haven't seen anyone who got rejected outright post II without getting a hold. Unless I am wrong
This was a huge debate before my round of application decisions. I got a hold and immediately got the A a few weeks later. Does not mean anything.I am inclined to start believing that the hold email is sent to everyone after their interview, no? Because it seems that I haven't seen anyone who got rejected outright post II without getting a hold. Unless I am wrong
Does this mean that the “decision date” they gave us is just gonna be a hold? Or did you receive the hold email before then, and the A on the decision date?This was a huge debate before my round of application decisions. I got a hold and immediately got the A a few weeks later. Does not mean anything.
I got the hold email October 2nd ish and then the A October 16.Does this mean that the “decision date” they gave us is just gonna be a hold? Or did you receive the hold email before then, and the A on the decision date?
Leave time for follow up questions. I think too many people think of MMIs as presentations. They're not. They're quite conversational, at least the 2 I've done. Talk about the prompt for as long as you can comfortably, maybe 5/6 mins for the first one, then have a conversation for the rest of it.how does the traditional question work, is it 1 question that we speak for 12 minutes about or should we answer in 3-4 minutes and leave time for multiple questions
Ditto here, interviewed 11/13Just got the "hold" email. Interviewed on 11/11
I just sent a general one! Thanking the mmi interviewers for their time and the admissions committee for a good experience.Does anyone know if VCU accepts thank-you letters post-II? Since it's an MMI format, I wasn't sure if we should send a general one to the admission comittee email or if we should just not send one.
What email did you send it to, the medadmit one?I just sent a general one! Thanking the mmi interviewers for their time and the admissions committee for a good experience.
The general admissions email.What email did you send it to, the medadmit one?
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.