You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Virginia Commonwealth (VCU)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i just looked into this! on the portal they state not to send an update letter unless the admissions committee requests itAnyone know their policy on update letter and/or letters of interest. Reading conflicting things. Have not been offered an II
chocolatebaklava123
New Member
INTL Pre-II R today 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anonymous-mouse
Full Member
This contradicts MSAR:i just looked into this! on the portal they state not to send an update letter unless the admissions committee requests it
"More information about letters of intent, updates, notice of significant updates or achievements. Notice of significant updates that detail new grades, recent presentations or newly published articles are accepted."
+1 OOS II + fmSTAT!!!!!
Last edited:
Go off the information provided by admissions at the school regarding updates.
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Pre or After II R?shoutout to VCU for the thanksgiving R!!!
pelbelmelsel
Full Member
IS A, Interviewed oct 7, accepted oct 16. So happy!!!!!
manifestingmdacceptance
Full Member
pre-II R on Thanksgiving :')
tthegreatgatsby
New Member
Congrats!! Can I ask when you interviewed? and how you were notified?+1 OOS II + fmSTAT!!!!!
Not accepted, just invited to interview like a week ago. Called cuz it was the fmSTAT programCongrats!! Can I ask when you interviewed? and how you were notified?
Wait, they called you to offer you the interview? Instead of an email?Not accepted, just invited to interview like a week ago. Called cuz it was the fmSTAT program
So I got an email to call them back. I think it was a call because the logistics of the fmSTAT interview are different than just the SOMWait, they called you to offer you the interview? Instead of an email?
They do this for everyone with fmSTAT, I had the same thing with my IIWait, they called you to offer you the interview? Instead of an email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
acaiwithnutella
Full Member
Was that a hold email after an interview?+1 hold email again
Maybe it means they are still interested in me (😭)
treasurehound44
Full Member
I sent a general thank you letter to the medadmit email that sent the interview invite, and I think I just addressed it to the admissions team in general
Hm I would've thought they would tell you explicitly if you were only considered for the SOM or not. Maybe you could ask the fmSTAT people or admissions people?That is really interesting because I applied for the Fmstat as well, but I got a normal interview and nowhere did i get a call or an email saying anything about Fmstat. Does that mean I am not considered for it?
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Anyone knows the exact offering date for Dec?
ninstonbiller
Full Member
16Anyone knows the exact offering date for Dec?
I can't talk about the actual interview questions, but of all my interviews, this was by far the most organized day, with the warmest and most friendly people. They were so kind, and made the day very low stress in my opinionCan anyone talk about their interview day experience?
ninstonbiller
Full Member
Yes!Does the hold email I got today just mean my application was reviewed and that the actual decision will come out on December 16th?
Yes!
Not necessarily. you could potentially get a decision Dec 16thDoes the hold email I got today just mean my application was reviewed and that the actual decision will come out on December 16th?
The MMI portion of interview day consists of 7 stations, with the first station allowing 12 minutes for response and all the following allowing 6 minutes. I found the interviews to be more conversational, as the interviewers are allowed to ask follow-up questions regarding your response if you give them the chance. It is a closed file interview, and you get 2 minutes to read each question before each station. There is also a 5-minute break following question 4 of the MMI where you can turn your camera off if needed.What is the format like for VCU interviews? Are they open file, conversational, how many stations do you go through, how much time do you get per station?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Anyone knows if VCU extends the offer to early interview guys. eg Mid Aug on Dec 16?
planaria_luvr
Full Member
Also praying for this 🙏 I haven’t seen that in the past few threads but hoping they maybe just didn’t reportAnyone knows if VCU extends the offer to early interview guys. eg Mid Aug on Dec 16?
Cosecant1234
Full Member
Hoping for the same. Interviewed in September. It looks like historically our best chances are the last two decision release dates/waitlist after these dates have passed. Let's hope for next week!Also praying for this 🙏 I haven’t seen that in the past few threads but hoping they maybe just didn’t report
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Also praying for this 🙏 I haven’t seen that in the past few threads but hoping they maybe just didn’t report
Hoping for the same. Interviewed in September. It looks like historically our best chances are the last two decision release dates/waitlist after these dates have passed. Let's hope for next week!
AI told me 2023-2024 cycle there is a student get accepted in Dec and interviewed Aug, But nothing in 2024-2025 cycle.
god i hopeAnyone knows if VCU extends the offer to early interview guys. eg Mid Aug on Dec 16?
Hi, current student here. VCU does accept people from various interview dates at each acceptance date, however, your best chance is on the first date following your interview. Most (but not all) people who are not accepted at that earliest date after interviewing will have to wait to hear back until the last date/waitlist. Also, just FYI, myself and roughly 74 other people were accepted off the waitlist so it definitely isn’t over. 40% of the class could come from the waitlist.
+1 OOS II
mafiapickleboss
Full Member
Does VCU call for acceptances or just email? Praying for all my boys and gals waiting for a decision tomorrow!
planaria_luvr
Full Member
Should be email. Though I haven’t gotten one so🤡 🤡🤡Does VCU call for acceptances or just email? Praying for all my boys and gals waiting for a decision tomorrow!
mafiapickleboss
Full Member
It will happen for us tomorrow🙏Should be email. Though I haven’t gotten one so🤡 🤡🤡
Itll happen to us 🙂 well get one 😄Should be email. Though I haven’t gotten one so🤡 🤡🤡
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Few days After last offering dates, for ppl interviewed, they send a holding email.When you are not accepted in this batch, for instance, do they send you an email letting you know, or you just do not get any email whatsoever?
mafiapickleboss
Full Member
From what I saw it was around 9:50 AM. *On sdnWhat time did the emails come out on 10/15? I know it probably won’t be the exact same tomorrow but trying to get a ballpark
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it's so up in the air but if I haven't been rejected yet is that a good or bad sign historically lol
dinodoctor.net
Full Member
What time y’all think we’re gonna hear today?
9:15-9:45ish if I had to guess (assuming they release around the same time as the last decision date)What time y’all think we’re gonna hear today?
mg2003
Full Member
AM or PM?9:15-9:45ish if I had to guess (assuming they release around the same time as the last decision date)