You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Virginia Commonwealth (VCU)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone hear anything from MSTP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
My understanding is that among the ppl applying late, there are still outstanding students. That is why the point cut-off in Dec will not be lower. However, late Dec and afterwards interviewed students shall have lower pts (otherwise they will be interviewed before Dec 16 as the application cut-off is Oct 15). We may have a better chance in Feb/March dates.Also theorertically people who got interviews this early had higher pts (hence why they got interviews so early) to begin with and if its a point system why would they not finish amongst the top 80 for the next decision date even if they did mid on their interview because they still use the total pts to decide at the end
clarifiedbutter
New Member
Very likely yes, my small hope is they are sending an evening batch 😢so did all acceptance come out as of today?
clarifiedbutter
New Member
It might not be lower but there may be less "outstanding" applicants meaning we still have a chance on Dec 16My understanding is that among the ppl applying late, there are still outstanding students. That is why the point cut-off in Dec will not be lower. However, late Dec and afterwards interviewed students shall have lower pts (otherwise they will be interviewed before Dec 16 as the application cut-off is Oct 15). We may have a better chance in Feb/March dates.
clarifiedbutter
New Member
For those of us who have not received an A, should we be sending LOIs or updates? I remember in the interview they said they only wanted updates on grades but not sure if thats still applicable post oct 16.
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
I like this, never lose hope, according to Admit, 88 ppl reported interviewed, but only 12 reported A. The % is very low, unless most report Interviewed but never mind to report A...Very likely yes, my small hope is they are sending an evening batch .
apollodorus
Full Member
Anyone hear anything in the evening? Hoping that there’s a second batch cause I guess we’ve been deferred to December if not…
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Nothing at 8:30PM, I believe that we deferred to Dec/Feb/March. Dec is unlikely thoughAnyone hear anything in the evening? Hoping that there’s a second batch cause I guess we’ve been deferred to December if not…
Last edited:
conradfisher
Full Member
Do you mean that you got an email at 8:30 pm?8:30PM, we deferred to Dec/Feb/March. Dec is unlikely though
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
No I mean nothing at 8:30PMDo you mean that you got an email at 8:30 pm?
tomatosandwich
New Member
Ngl this sucks, but trying to stay hopeful! My friend who interviewed here sometime last fall didn't get accepted in December, but eventually did during either their february or march (I forget which) decision release dates. Whoever said it's a waiting game was right...
Lowkey crashing out because I haven't got an II yet 🙁
That70sProphet
Full Member
Real (I am too)Lowkey crashing out because I haven't got an II yet 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you apply? I applied around 7/30 so it seems like they haven't gotten to applications around that time at least according to admit.orgReal (I am too)
I applied 7/17 and just got an II yesterday so it is definitely possible/probable they haven't gotten to y'all's yetWhen did you apply? I applied around 7/30 so it seems like they haven't gotten to applications around that time at least according to admit.org
I hope so too, but maybe its major cope on my part lmao. The latest I saw someone on admit.org submit their secondaries and receive an II was 7/18 but they got their invite in August.I applied 7/17 and just got an II yesterday so it is definitely possible/probable they haven't gotten to y'all's yet
i applied 7/30 too and haven’t heard back so this is refreshingWhen did you apply? I applied around 7/30 so it seems like they haven't gotten to applications around that time at least according to admit.org
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
If they are still sending II to early applicants, then 1) Those has not looked at before 2) Lower the II pts. What could be the case?
Congrats to those who got accepted yesterday! I’m a current OOS M1 at VCU and I didn’t get an interview invite until Nov. 4th despite being a competitive applicant. I also didn’t get accepted until late spring. VCU was one of my last interviews and one of my last acceptances. Just be patient. All is not lost.
duckgoesquack
Full Member
is it possible for people who got the ii in august and interviewed in september for example to get acceptances in december or february? or do the chances decrease significantly after october 16th 🙁 i really thought my interview went well...i am oos for reference
Last edited:
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
The problem is early II (Aug), but not make the 1st batch, made us worrying.Congrats to those who got accepted yesterday! I’m a current OOS M1 at VCU and I didn’t get an interview invite until Nov. 4th despite being a competitive applicant. I also didn’t get accepted until late spring. VCU was one of my last interviews and one of my last acceptances. Just be patient. All is not lost.
Catlover3232
Full Member
Maybe if we interviewed earlier our chances to get off the waitlist are higher? Not really sure thoThe problem is early II (Aug), but not make the 1st batch, made us worrying.
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
is it possible for people who got the ii in august and interviewed in september for example to get acceptances in december or february? or do the chances decrease significantly after october 16th 🙁 i really thought my interview went well...i am oos for reference
I think Dec will be difficult with any A for us, because there are still high pts applicants interviewed between end Sept and Dec. But for Feb/March before waitlist established, we may have some chance giving high pts applicants shall be already got II before Dec 16th...Maybe if we interviewed earlier our chances to get off the waitlist are higher? Not really sure tho
clarifiedbutter
New Member
I bet we will get something on December 16th. I think they wanted to extend the offers to the 514+ MCATs and that'll leave the rest of us for potential review in 2 months.
I think Dec will be difficult with any A for us, because there are still high pts applicants interviewed between end Sept and Dec. But for Feb/March before waitlist established, we may have some chance giving high pts applicants shall be already got II before Dec 16th...
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
VCU already assigned each interviewed student a Points (after interview). This will not change, but the cut off for sending offer will change each offering date.I bet we will get something on December 16th. I think they wanted to extend the offers to the 514+ MCATs and that'll leave the rest of us for potential review in
same lmaoI had 519 MCAT and was still not offered admission 🙁 .
Yes but their points are inherently higher due to their MCAT.VCU already assigned each interviewed student a Points (after interview). This will not change, but the cut off for sending offer will change each offering date.
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Above two ppl said they had 519 but not admission after interviewYes but their points are inherently higher due to their MCAT.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catinsomehats
Full Member
hi! also a current m1 here, and thought i'd post my timeline for any anxious friends 🙂
had my interview around september, got passed up on all 4 dates, but got in off the waitlist in may! it was definitely a tough wait, but you guys got it, good luck!
had my interview around september, got passed up on all 4 dates, but got in off the waitlist in may! it was definitely a tough wait, but you guys got it, good luck!
tapping in for the current M1 support chain, didn’t interview until December and wasn’t accepted off the waitlist until late June. The cycle is long and grueling but there’s still so much time
planaria_luvr
Full Member
Thank you all the M1s for sharing 🙂 VCU is my top choice so not getting the A definitely stung. Appreciate you all and hoping for the best from the hold/ possible WL struggle
zestyzesty
Full Member
Any early Oct II A?
clarifiedbutter
New Member
That could simply be because the rest of their application is not as good. No offense to themAbove two ppl said they had 519 but not admission after interview
clarifiedbutter
New Member
What does the waitlist movement look like at VCU?hi! also a current m1 here, and thought i'd post my timeline for any anxious friends 🙂
had my interview around september, got passed up on all 4 dates, but got in off the waitlist in may! it was definitely a tough wait, but you guys got it, good luck!
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
I got a 512 on the MCAT and got in October 16. It could be a lot of factors that play into an acceptance and waiting for the next round but the admission process is so confusing and complicated that we will never know.That could simply be because the rest of their application is not as good. No offense to them
catinsomehats
Full Member
from what i've seen/heard, waitlist movement is known to be decent. but i've also spoken to a couple of others from previous cycles that haven't made it off either. from my lurking during my cycle last year, i'd guess about 30-50% of people make it off the waitlist? but a lot of numbers have been thrown around from previous years and i'm not exactly sure.What does the waitlist movement look like at VCU?
a good number of people seem to hold their acceptance at vcu while waiting for waitlists or scholarships to other schools like uva, so after people commit to one school, that's when most of the movement happens
+1 WL/deferred. Def surprised me cuz i thought this was one of my best interviews yet lol
They took 75 students off of it according to AAMC. They did not publish total number of waitlist spots.What does the waitlist movement look like at VCU?
This was from two cycles ago, MSAR has not updated their stuff yet for the past cycle. I do not have any information the school gives during interviews.I wrote down 125-150 at the interview - does anyone else remember hearing this? I did not include more context in my notes so could be total WL spots ig
That70sProphet
Full Member
I completed late august, but its sucks cause im in state and am above their average statsWhen did you apply? I applied around 7/30 so it seems like they haven't gotten to applications around that time at least according to admit.org
ninstonbiller
Full Member
Did they send you a formal email saying this?+1 WL/deferred. Def surprised me cuz i thought this was one of my best interviews yet lol
PreMedBaBa
Full Member
Waiting list won't be established until March 15 before that there are still three chances for regular A.Did they send you a formal email saying this?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, MS3 here at VCU! Congrats to all the acceptances, and to everyone still waiting, hang in there! I didn't get my II until December 1, interviewed January 22, and was accepted off waitlist May 11. Just echoing that it is a long cycle so don't lose hope.
Feel free to DM me with any questions!
Feel free to DM me with any questions!
Premedhopeful2256
Full Member
Did anyone with an A get the email asking for SSN?
yep!Did anyone with an A get the email asking for SSN?
I didn't know they sent waitlist emails before March... hopefully you come off the WL! best of luck to you+1 WL/deferred. Def surprised me cuz i thought this was one of my best interviews yet lol