This is great advice and worth a read. My advice:
1. Be genuine and don’t try to kiss ass. WashU wants humble, collaborative people. Our class is pretty down to earth because of it.
2. Prep by having someone you trust act as an interviewer. I had my Father-In-Law do it because I knew I wouldn’t be 100% comfortable and he has a ton of experience interviewing people for jobs. I gave him a few common questions (like why medicine, why WashU, etc) and had him just think of ones he would have if he were interviewing me for med school.
Good luck to all and if you already interviewed just forget about it.
Edit: Also please remember that your worth as an individual is not tied to getting in to one school or even med school in general. I know you’re all neurotic pre-meds (as I was like 4 months ago) and can get caught up in the process. Accepting this will help you go into interviews more relaxed and come of more genuine. Believe it or not, your joy in life will likely come from what already brings you joy, not medical school.