A.T. Still University (ATSU-SOMA) Arizona Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My LizzyM was right around that and was accepted so good luck to you :)

Congratulations! May your fortunes be my fortunes soon... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone accepted or current students would mind to share your stats?
How was the interview? I've read individual interviews and MMI. Is it a true MMI and a true individual evaluation? Or a couple of scenarios and a couple of regular questions mixed in with the MMIs? How many stations?
Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow nevermind. Just got the phone call. ACCEPTED. Wow... Just wow so happy rn

Congratulations! No word for me yet :( Hopefully get some good news soon. All this wait and getting waitlisted is killing me.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to those accepted! Are they still calling people for interviews? Haven't heard anything as of yet...

Well then, it's getting towards the end of the day and I'm ready for that waitlist/reject email tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome I'm gonna be staying out there for a few days longer just to do some climbing and hiking with some friends out in the mountains and desert. We are renting out a car and a hotel (for pre-interview day) if you'd like to join. Then I'll be living out in a tent in the desert to explore what Arizona has to offer!

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone interviewing tomorrow need a ride from Phoenix airport to Mesa today around 12 hit me up!

So I was accepted in the first week of October. I have already submitted the initial admission deposit, but does anyone know when the acceptance agreement is due? Is it December 14, 2015 or May 1, 2016. I know the admission deposit is due dec. 14, but I am not certain about the acceptance agreement.

Awesome I'm gonna be staying out there for a few days longer just to do some climbing and hiking with some friends out in the mountains and desert. We are renting out a car and a hotel (for pre-interview day) if you'd like to join. Then I'll be living out in a tent in the desert to explore what Arizona has to offer!
Good weekend to do so, it's beautiful weather

Got waitlisted lol. From the October 16th group.
+1 anyone have any info on how their alternate list works? Do they just go down the list as openings come up or they re evaluate the group each time?

Put on alternate list. II 10/16. Do you guys know if alternate list and wait list is the same thing

I think that those who are on the alternate list will have to wait quite a bit until they hear anything back. maybe even into april

Are they still sending out II?

Yes, just got one last Friday and interviewed today. Don't give up its a great school and all faculty is super nice!

I was so impressed by this school at my interview yesterday! The faculty and area were amazing

At the interview, aside from panel interview and group work, there are 8 speed dating interviews and 4 MMIs? The interview day format information would be much appreciated. Thank you and good luck :)

At the interview, aside from panel interview and group work, there are 8 speed dating interviews and 4 MMIs? The interview day format information would be much appreciated. Thank you and good luck :)
It isn't a panel interview it was just one on one but yes the rest is correct from what I remember

Not positive on the numbers, but there's something they call speed dating, some role playing, a group exercise, a one on one interview and a case study. Nothing serious, no one grills you or tries to make you panic, you'll be fine! I enjoyed this one the most out of all my interviews so far

Reactions: 1 users
Not positive on the numbers, but there's something they call speed dating, some role playing, a group exercise, a one on one interview and a case study. Nothing serious, no one grills you or tries to make you panic, you'll be fine! I enjoyed this one the most out of all my interviews so far
so MMI and speed dating interview are two separate things? Thanks for your help. Just trying to prepare before the interview, so I will be less nervous.

Yes they're different. But not stressful! If anything you'll feel better because the interview was so thorough and didn't feel like they were basing a huge decision on a ten minute conversation with you

Does anyone have information on level 1 or 2 boards pass rates? I can only find level 3.

Also, does anyone know if exams are block exams or standard subject exams?

Withdrawing my acceptance here so hopefully it goes to one of you :)

Hey all,
I have been complete since 9/22 and have heard nothing... can I take this as a silent rejection? What has been the avg turn around regarding an II after being complete?
Thanks!

Anyone interviewing on Dec 4th who wants to explore Arizona or even Utah after the interview for a couple of days? I got a bunch of camping and backpacking gear and I was hoping to find someone else who would like to explore the deserts and mountains too!

Could any current students comment on possible advantages of only being at the school for 1 year and then having to basically teach second year to yourself? I am worried that I learn best with traditional lecture style so am wondering what the advantages are of this format. Do you current students like it and feel like you are learning all the material on your own?

Do you guys think it is too late to submit an application to this school for this cycle?

Could any current students comment on possible advantages of only being at the school for 1 year and then having to basically teach second year to yourself? I am worried that I learn best with traditional lecture style so am wondering what the advantages are of this format. Do you current students like it and feel like you are learning all the material on your own?
@annielover most of us echo (watch lecture online) so second year actually won't be much different. Even if you have questions about the online lectures, you are always free to email the professors. Most students have actually found second year easier. However, I will note that you have to have the maturity level and drive to watch lecture in a timely manner and not get behind. Hope that helps.

Do you guys think it is too late to submit an application to this school for this cycle?
No. Many late applicants get accepted. SOMA interviews until April. I applied in February and got in.

Any news on when decisions will be released for those who interviewed Oct 30th?

@annielover most of us echo (watch lecture online) so second year actually won't be much different. Even if you have questions about the online lectures, you are always free to email the professors. Most students have actually found second year easier. However, I will note that you have to have the maturity level and drive to watch lecture in a timely manner and not get behind. Hope that helps.
Yes definitely. Thank you for your help I appreciate it!

II yesterday! Complete 9/17, IS, LizzyM ~65. Scheduled for late January.

Does anyone have information on level 1 or 2 boards pass rates? I can only find level 3.

Also, does anyone know if exams are block exams or standard subject exams?
Hello, I am a first year student. I wish I could be of more help with finding the COMLEX pass rates. I thought they were available somewhere but I don't remember where :( As far as our exams go they are given about every 2 weeks during each course. They cover all the subjects we are learning and aren't further broken up. The only separate exams we have are anatomy quizzes and practicals. We also have separate exams for OPP and Medical Skills.