Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM) 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hopefully we hear good news soon!

During my interview yesterday they said that they do a review of the applicants on tuesdays. So you may hear something soon!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long they'll be conducting interviews for?

Does anyone know how long they'll be conducting interviews for?

They accept secondaries until April 15, so they probably interview through April before the next cycle opens in May.

Sent from my SM-N910P using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Today is day 10. It's gotta be today. Right?!?

The waiting and not knowing really is horrible, and since I was waitlisted I have to wait indefinitely

No, he was interviewed on a Friday. I just wondered if possibly they do all the acceptance calls on Fridays?
From posts on here, people who interviewed in January have heard back on either Wed, Thurs, or Fri. I got my call on a Thursday. Seats are filling up, so they might just be having to take a longer look at applicants since interviews are still ongoing. They said at my interview that ~100 people had already put down a deposit for the ~150 seats available, but from what I gathered on SDN, new schools have quite a bit of movement as the cycle gets later.

Members don't see this ad :)
From posts on here, people who interviewed in January have heard back on either Wed, Thurs, or Fri. I got my call on a Thursday. Seats are filling up, so they might just be having to take a longer look at applicants since interviews are still ongoing. They said at my interview that ~100 people had already put down a deposit for the ~150 seats available, but from what I gathered on SDN, new schools have quite a bit of movement as the cycle gets later.

Thanks! I still haven't got a call or email. Anyone else who interviewed 1/30 hear anything today so far?

Thanks! I still haven't got a call or email. Anyone else who interviewed 1/30 hear anything today so far?
Nothing yet =T I'm thinking since we had a pretty large group, it may be taking longer than some of the other interview dates.

is it safe to say if we interviewed on 1/30 and haven't heard anything we were probably waitlisted or rejected...lol

is it safe to say if we interviewed on 1/30 and haven't heard anything we were probably waitlisted or rejected...lol
No I don't think so since none of us have heard anything at all I don't think they've made decisions yet. What does everyone else think?
They said we would hear either way, whether yes no or wait list.

No I don't think so since none of us have heard anything at all I don't think they've made decisions yet. What does everyone else think?
They said we would hear either way, whether yes no or wait list.

I do know that they ranked the waitlist in their meeting last week. They probably just have a larger amount of applications to look at since they had interviews plus waitlist people

I will be sadly withdrawing my seat here today. I hope it goes to one of you wonderful people, pulling for my interview day buddy @bethygean

Good luck to all!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
What you guys think about the curriculum. Is it gonna be very rigorous to prepare the students to do well on the COMPLEX and USMLE.

Anyone here interviewing tomorrow and staying in ft smith tonight? Home2?

Since they're doing interviews this morning I would bet interviewees from 1/30 won't hear anything this morning either.

I was recently looking on the catalog and seen that physicals, shot records, and TB test forms must be filled out and sent in by march 1st and that the forms that needed to be filled out could be found on the website but I am unable to find them on the website anywhere. Has anyone else done this yet?? Thanks :)

I was recently looking on the catalog and seen that physicals, shot records, and TB test forms must be filled out and sent in by march 1st and that the forms that needed to be filled out could be found on the website but I am unable to find them on the website anywhere. Has anyone else done this yet?? Thanks :)
They will be sending out an email with more information hopefully sometime this week.

Just received an email about matriculation info and updates. Anyone else receive an email?

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone who interviewed yesterday get any information about how many spots are left?

The school got approved to offer financial aid!!!! :happy:

Attachments

• IMG_8155.jpg
    IMG_8155.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone remember how many residency spots this school has lined up? Or what their plan for residency is?

Does anyone remember how many residency spots this school has lined up? Or what their plan for residency is?
Edit: You probably do mean residencies, but the more I think about it, I don't recall talking about this on interview day. :thinking: I was probably stressing over my interview though, so maybe I missed something!

Do you mean rotations? This is from their academic catalog on the website:

AFFILIATED CLINICAL TEACHING HOSPITALS
See the Clinical Handbook and online resources for descriptions and locations of hospitals, hospital services, faculty, and DME contact information. Current partners include:

Arkansas Children’s Hospital – Little Rock, AR
Arkansas Heart Hospital – Little Rock, AR
Baptist Health – North Little Rock, AR
Baptist Health – Conway, AR
Baxter Medical Center – Mountain Home, AR
Choctaw Indian Health Services – Talihina, OK
Cooper Clinic – Fort Smith, AR
Johnson Regional Medical Center – Clarksville, AR
Mercy Hospital – Fort Smith, AR
Mercy Hospital – Rogers, AR
Northwest Arkansas – Bentonville, AR
Sparks Hospital – Fort Smith, AR
St Vincent Hospital – Little Rock, AR
Unity Health/White City Medical Center – Searcy, AR
Unity Health/White River Medical Center – Batesville, AR
Valley Behavioral Health – Fort Smith, AR

Last edited:
I can't remember the exact number I was told after my interview day, and I know it hasn't been publicly stated by ARCOM yet. I think I put it on here a while back, but I could be mistaken. I do remember it was (a little less than) almost 1 residency spot per student (at that time they were planning on 150 students). FWIW, I'm willing to bet 90% of these are in IM or FM.

I can't remember the exact number I was told after my interview day, and I know it hasn't been publicly stated by ARCOM yet. I think I put it on here a while back, but I could be mistaken. I do remember it was (a little less than) almost 1 residency spot per student (at that time they were planning on 150 students). FWIW, I'm willing to bet 90% of these are in IM or FM.

Are they still planning on 150 students or do you think they'll accept more?

Are they still planning on 150 students or do you think they'll accept more?

When I interviewed on 2/6 they said they had 141 residency spots with 9 more being secured in the next couple of weeks.

When I interviewed on 2/6 they said they had 141 residency spots with 9 more being secured in the next couple of weeks.

I can confirm this as I was also at the 2/6 interview. Any good news yet?

I feel like the school has been really quiet the past couple of weeks...is that just me?

I feel like the school has been really quiet the past couple of weeks...is that just me?

Definitely. I imagine they are running out of seats and are waiting to see what kind of movement happens when UAMS sends out acceptances this next week. They could end up having a lot of spots open up or very few, and they probably don't want to reject or accept people currently waiting when the amount of seats they have open is a big question mark. I could be way off, but it makes sense due to its timing to me.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 1/30 and called 2/15 to see if they had discussed the interviewees from that day. The past week they've have meeting concerning accreditation and have not met to discuss 1/30 or following interviews

Has anyone been accepted after being placed on the alternate list? I interviewed in the beginning of December and was placed on an alternate list, but I have not hurt anything since then. I'm really hoping to get into this school. Fingers crossed! Good luck everyone!

"As a point of policy, recorded lectures generally are not released until 72 hours after the active presentation."

"There is no guarantee that every lecture will be recorded or that the lecture recording will be of a quality that can be utilized for primary learning."

"Any student, who is absent from classes for five consecutive school days without notifying the Office of Student Affairs will be considered to have voluntarily withdrawn from the College."

"Lectures at ARCOM will be digitally recorded to supplement learning (...) but are not a replacement for attendance in class"

The date from the handbook appears to be 08/12/2016.

I wish they would just release a schedule so we could know what they expect from us.

Bonus from the dress code section:

"whenever school is in session, generally from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday."

That's very concerning. Looks like I'm going to have to start snorting powered caffeine.