Avengers Assemble! Official Avengers WW thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow good work guys sorry I didn't get back in time to change my vote although it doesn't look like it was needed! The mid-day killing of nyanko is weird though? :(
Yeah, I have no idea what to think about that... (Besides that it's bad, obviously.)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
And the mid-turn update regarding Nyanko/Pepper is completely unrelated.
Hmm. It seems like either Hawkeye or his bow (or both) are involved because an arrow was used. Theories (feel free to agree, disagree, or tear apart):

1. Hawkeye can attack a player during the day. This may or may not require him to have the bow.
  2. If this is true, I would guess that Hawkeye has been converted over he thought nyanko was a wolf for X, Y, Z reasons.
  3. The bow can be used during the day, and is in the possession of a wolf. So Hawkeye wasn't involved at all.
  4. A specific wolf can attack a player during the day, hopefully only once. Not sure if there are any Marvel villains that use a bow, though (will search on this).
  5. The wolves can collectively attack a player during the day, once. I think this is the least likely scenario as it is even more unprecedented than the other theories. And because of the arrow-wielding villain thing.
Of course, these theories hinge on the existence of the bow. It has been confirmed, right? Or did I imagine reading that (my item memory isn't the greatest)?

Just got caught up on the thread. Sorry I missed the lynch, but it looks like I wasn't needed anyways. I was able to pick up my dog from the vets today, and the drive home took longer than expected.

Nyanko being killed in the middle of the day is odd, I think Cuit makes some pretty good points about what could of occurred. My only thoughts on those points are, if the bow can be used during the day by a wolf, why is this the first attack? If Hawkeye was converted, why attack now? We know last night wasn't a conversion because it was a failed attack.

Nyanko being killed in the middle of the day is odd, I think Cuit makes some pretty good points about what could of occurred. My only thoughts on those points are, if the bow can be used during the day by a wolf, why is this the first attack? If Hawkeye was converted, why attack now? We know last night wasn't a conversion because it was a failed attack.
I hope your dog is doing better! To theorize on your questions... maybe the bow can only be used during the day once, or maybe it's the first time a wolf has had it in their possession. And if Hawkeye was converted, maybe they decided to chance an attack due to the failed one. But I honestly don't know... I think we've still got 2-3+ wolves left based on total # of players so I wouldn't think they're super desperate yet.

I hope your dog is doing better! To theorize on your questions... maybe the bow can only be used during the day once, or maybe it's the first time a wolf has had it in their possession. And if Hawkeye was converted, maybe they decided to chance an attack due to the failed one. But I honestly don't know... I think we've still got 2-3+ wolves left based on total # of players so I wouldn't think they're super desperate yet.

Thanks! She seems to be doing better, they think she developed a bout of colitis, though I don't know what would of triggered it.

Something else I was thinking, I know in one game I needed to exit early, maybe she asked to be killed? It would be logical though to limit the number of day kills the bow could make, or the wolves would have a huge advantage killing people off during the day and night!

Something else I was thinking, I know in one game I needed to exit early, maybe she asked to be killed?
I didn't think of that... :oops: It could definitely be the case. Didn't she say something about an externship at signups?

Just pointing out that we don't know for sure there wasn't a conversion, we just believe that zany's use of the suit allowed her to escape a wolf attack. We're not 100% on how the suit works, so it could have been a failed silencing or something. With that said, I believe that general consensus is right: zany was the wolves' target and the suit protected her.

As for nyanko's death--I don't know who shot the arrow, and I don't have anything new to add that hasn't been brought up. I am reasonably sure it wasn't Hawkeye, though. I know who the remaining Avengers are and I'm 95% certain none of them have been converted. Obviously I can't say with 100% certainty, but I have discussed my reasoning earlier and I'm keeping a sharp eye on their posts, as I'm sure they are on each others' and mine, for any changes in behavior.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally back from dinner...

Yay for lynching a wolfie! :thumbup: :D

And what the heck happened with nyanko???? Seriously??? Either hawkeye can shoot during the day or someone with the bow and arrow had a field day or the wolves have a special role we don't know about...

Or she could have asked to leave the game for RL reasons too. In Tortall, we didn't want to put the villagers at a disadvantage and asked the wolves to kill our leaving player. When they refused, we asked the spies. They graciously agreed, so there was no need for us to mod-kill. LIS and Lissa may have just gone straight for the mod-kill option, if that is the case here.

Or she could have asked to leave the game for RL reasons too. In Tortall, we didn't want to put the villagers at a disadvantage and asked the wolves to kill our leaving player. When they refused, we asked the spies. They graciously agreed, so there was no need for us to mod-kill. LIS and Lissa may have just gone straight for the mod-kill option, if that is the case here.

That's also true. This whole day has just been interesting...a wolfie got lynched and a villager got killed...

I think that this is worth a mod response: Nyanko did not ask to leave the game. Had she, we would have worked something else out with a dead player, most likely.

That was a game event that took place.

Well that changes things...

I think that this is worth a mod response: Nyanko did not ask to leave the game. Had she, we would have worked something else out with a dead player, most likely.

Boo. LIS has to come in and ruin all my fun!

Thanks. Of course it couldn't be the least confusing possibility. :(

I'm inclined to think it was a wolf somehow, since I can't think of a reason for Hawkeye to have done it. Nyanko and HOH confirmed on the thread everything that nyanko said about being linked/trusting HOH/using the LMD creator on her. After HOH died and the write-up highlighted Pepper's reaction, it wasn't that big a leap to realize that nyanko was Pepper Potts.

Hawkeye, I don't believe you've turned to the side of evil. Don't out yourself, but if you could give a sign if you shot nyanko? You know how.

Yay!! Another wolf! :highfive::clap: Awesome job guys! :D
Just wanted to report that I had the Bow last night, but lost it shortly after results were posted. No idea who it went to though. (I'm guessing a wolf has it, though)

Mornin' guys...I promise I'm in a much calmer mood this morning and will play nice. :oops:

Theories (feel free to agree, disagree, or tear apart):

1. Hawkeye can attack a player during the day. This may or may not require him to have the bow.
  2. If this is true, I would guess that Hawkeye has been converted over he thought nyanko was a wolf for X, Y, Z reasons.
  3. The bow can be used during the day, and is in the possession of a wolf. So Hawkeye wasn't involved at all.
  4. A specific wolf can attack a player during the day, hopefully only once. Not sure if there are any Marvel villains that use a bow, though (will search on this).
  5. The wolves can collectively attack a player during the day, once. I think this is the least likely scenario as it is even more unprecedented than the other theories. And because of the arrow-wielding villain thing.
If Hawkeye had converted, then this would be a crazy stunt to pull with the amount of villagers left, especially if IPB knows who he/she is. So here's a thought: Bullseye is the original Hawkeye, right? But Bullseye was a supervillian before then. Maybe he's in the game as a villian and got ahold of the bow, thus enabling his role to do theory #4. I'll go back and look, but have there been any other arrow injuries?

I know very little about avengers and marvel comics, but it seems to me that Bullseye would be a cool villian. Or maybe Hawkeye autoconverts into him. I don't know. Just some of my thoughts now that we know for sure that nyanko didn't ask to be killed.

Wish it wasn't still night so we could talk in specifics. :)

Go WOLVES KILL, SAVAGE, MAUL!!!!!

tumblr_lyogx61O4v1r4zr2vo1_500.gif

From what LIS said, maybe nyanko's death was a random event?
Bullseye is the original Hawkeye, right?
Not according to this -- http://marvel.com/universe/Bullseye. It says he joins the Avengers under the guise of Hawkeye, but is eventually outed... so at least not in most of the Marvel universes. Plus, his name is apparently Lester while as far as I know most incarnations of Hawkeye are Clint Barton. With that said -- I think it's possible that one of the wolves is Bullseye. I don't think it's likely that Hawkeye autoconverted into Bullseye.

*disclaimer -- most of my information comes from googling things. So feel free to correct me, people with more comic knowledge.

Not according to this -- http://marvel.com/universe/Bullseye. It says he joins the Avengers under the guise of Hawkeye, but is eventually outed... so at least not in most of the Marvel universes. Plus, his name is apparently Lester while as far as I know most incarnations of Hawkeye are Clint Barton. With that said -- I think it's possible that one of the wolves is Bullseye. I don't think it's likely that Hawkeye autoconverted into Bullseye.

*disclaimer -- most of my information comes from googling things. So feel free to correct me, people with more comic knowledge.

You're right. Wiki says that Bullseye takes on the alias of Hawkeye in Dark Avengers. So maybe Bullseye can hide from investigation by pretending to be Hawkeye. Just thinking out load here....

You're right. Wiki says that Bullseye takes on the alias of Hawkeye in Dark Avengers. So maybe Bullseye can hide from investigation by pretending to be Hawkeye. Just thinking out load here....

really? out load - what does this entail......

tumblr_lrl519y4E81qdres4.gif

Hardy har....I really think this WW game has been the one to finally destroy my sanity (and ability to talk/type). :laugh:

What's worse is that I now remember that I wrote...outloud (looks wrong)...outload(still wrong)...out load(perfect!). Just felt like I should give you an even better reason to laugh at me. :laugh:

:thumbup: I agree that would be a crazy stunt by a wolf. Maybe hawkeye acted on wonky info or something?

Or under the control of someone? But I thought all those wolves were killed already. Ouf, too bad the simplest option of her death is removed.

your mom would know.

:smuggrin:

eh... it is very possible she would.... ;)

but I think LIS has the patent on even that one :smuggrin:

Or under the control of someone? But I thought all those wolves were killed already. Ouf, too bad the simplest option of her death is removed.

Yeah that's totally possible. I was just thinking like a bad informant or something. And I'm not sure I underarms your second sentence?

In the movie Hawkeye was under Loki's control for a lot of it. Perhaps the same thing could happen here? Loki can convert Hawkeye / use his powers?

In the movie Hawkeye was under Loki's control for a lot of it. Perhaps the same thing could happen here? Loki can convert Hawkeye / use his powers?

Yes...like Bellatrix and the Imperius Curse in the HP game? (aka jj and the lynch vetos) Hawkeye HAS to do whatever Loki tells him (through mod messages). Not sure about the conversion, because IPB feels relatively confident that he has not been converted.

Yeah that's totally possible. I was just thinking like a bad informant or something. And I'm not sure I underarms your second sentence?

Hehe underarms :laugh: What I meant is too bad she just didn't ask to exit the game, ie, simplest option.

I have to work most of today away from the internet so I won't be on much until about 6pm PST. :(

An eerie silence lays heavy over the city tonight. The item of most interest to citizens? Death. There was none. After a chaotic last day with inexplicable events, people were on edge for what might transpire overnight. But fortunately (or not?), it was mostly quiet.

A breezy wind swooshed through the streets, seeming to home in on a particular target. Though effective, it didn't seem to amount to much. An unidentified person was seen wandering the streets with a shield, but didn't accomplish anything. A hot dog vendor made the crazy claim that an android tried to buy a hot dog ("With relish! The damn thing wanted relish!"), but nobody really paid much attention. And last, somebody used a massive pair of pants as a bed sheet, which was kinda cute.

It is now Day 8. You have until 8pm CDT today to get your lynch on.

14 Players Remain:
1. Zanydogz
2. Abbercadaver - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
3. cuitlamiztli
4. MrsSOV- Baron Zemo-controller of minds
5. bbeventer
6. Kakurubird
7. Sheepdogpsu - Bruce Banner who never got to become the Hulk
8. Jamr0ckin - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose battery will go unused.
9. StartingoverVet- Steve Rogers who never got to become Captain America
10. squirrelsrule - Doctor Doom who required a mob to kill her
11. Ivorypolarbear
12. bold text - Red Skull the villain spy
13. Wolfspeaker
14. nohika
15. nyanko - Pepper Potts - no more need be said
16. Philliab
17.Holdonhope- Iron Man
18. Trematoda - S.H.I.E.L.D. Scientist whose villain detector will never see completion
19. Varz
20. Dyachei
21. Orca2011
22. devyn - Ivan Vanko
23. krist
24. Abney
25. PetPony - S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent who would throw herself in front of a bullet for an Avenger
26. Tiger369

Last edited:
Ugh. Conversion or failed attack (again)? This is what I'm guessing based on the writeup:

Breezy wind = someone got frozen? The didn't seem to amount to much suggests they had no night action but I'm hesitant to assume this with the lack of death. I was the person wandering around with a shield; I wanted to see what would happen if I used it. All my night results PM says is that I didn't need it -- which suggests that it's still protective, at least for the user. And that I wasn't attacked. From the whizzing object that silenced krist (I think) I'd venture that the shield protects the user but can also be used as a weapon against other players. The android could mean that someone Iron Man's suit; I'd have to do some more research to see if there are any other possibilities. And as far as the massive pair of pants -- looks like someone tried to use them, probably for protection?

In any event, with the suspicions voiced yesterday I'm going to say lynch kakurubird.

My vote is flexible pending solid information (i.e. it would be awesome if someone ID'd a wolf last night).