Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know a friend who goes to Campbell U?
I ask because I am not a religious person at all. I see that CUSOM is a religious school that is connected with the baptist views. I just received the call that I am invited to interview (!!!!) but I am worried that it seems to be such a religious school (when I am not). I know some schools are religious and you would have no idea unless someone told you... and other schools are to the extreme where religion is a part of every class.

Does anyone know the degree to which this school is religious?

I too do not subscribe to any religion. Nor am I a man of faith. I had the same worry as you and asked my interviewer about the religious aspect of the school. She stressed although the medical school is part of a faith based environment, it does not discriminate or enforce any religion. We're there to learn medicine, scientific medicine. No worries haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when the adcoms meet? I've been stumped with the affordable act question and debating if its worth rushing to get it into their inbox tomorrow...after all, its gonna be a long weekend so if they DON'T meet on fridays, might as well take my time...

"Half page" single spaced, right?

Anyone know when the adcoms meet? I've been stumped with the affordable act question and debating if its worth rushing to get it into their inbox tomorrow...after all, its gonna be a long weekend so if they DON'T meet on fridays, might as well take my time...

"Half page" single spaced, right?
I don't know when they meet, but my advice to you is to wait until after the weekend to submit. It's better to submit a good essay a few days later than a rushed one!

Members don't see this ad :)
Care to share your stats maybe?
I wonder if they are grouping people by their completion date or just picking the best out of the giantic pile of applications they have thus far.
Not sure how they are grouping/choosing interviews, but I submitted my secondary on August 7th and was offered an interview yesterday.

interviewing on 11th September. anyone else here interviewing on same day? super excited..cant wait...

Has anyone had contact with the school since thursday? I sent an email on thursday evening but still no response.

Has anyone had contact with the school since thursday? I sent an email on thursday evening but still no response.

it was a holiday weekend give it some time lol

Got the call today! Interview is set for Tuesday October 2!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! I was recently accepted so if you need any info on the interview just message me!!!

I sent my complete app in on 8/8, but my official mcat wasnt out until 8/14

Anyone have an interview on September 24th that is staying at the microtel in Lillington (or somewhere close)? I'll be in Lillington the afternoon/evening of the 23rd if anyone would like to meet up the night before the interview. Just let me know! (Feel free to PM me). :)

Do you guys know how long it takes to get "complete" email upon sending in the secondary app?

Do you guys know how long it takes to get "complete" email upon sending in the secondary app?

I didn't receive a "your application is complete" email at all. I submitted mine the 7th and didn't hear back until they offered me an interview on the 30th. Sorry that isn't much help. Just be patient! You can always call the admissions office (or email) and check! They are extremely nice & helpful at CUSOM! :)

I didn't receive a "your application is complete" email at all. I submitted mine the 7th and didn't hear back until they offered me an interview on the 30th. Sorry that isn't much help. Just be patient! You can always call the admissions office (or email) and check! They are extremely nice & helpful at CUSOM! :)

Thanks!

Placed on hold email....what exactly does this mean?

also on hold...

got this:

"Thank you again for taking the time to complete your application to Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We recently reviewed your file for interview. Our committee decided not to immediately proceed with your file and grant you an interview. They are, however, interested in your candidacy and asked that your file be placed on hold for further review.

The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications periodically throughout the admission cycle. Should they choose to grant you and interview, you will be notified via telephone."

sounds like a polite rejection to me, lol

also on hold...

got this:

"Thank you again for taking the time to complete your application to Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We recently reviewed your file for interview. Our committee decided not to immediately proceed with your file and grant you an interview. They are, however, interested in your candidacy and asked that your file be placed on hold for further review.

The Admissions Committee reviews completed applications periodically throughout the admission cycle. Should they choose to grant you and interview, you will be notified via telephone."

sounds like a polite rejection to me, lol
Ya that is what I received as well....really think it is a nicely worded rejection? Are you basically just crossing this school off your list now and focusing on the other schools you applied to?

I don't think it's a rejection, i bet that since they are a new school they assume many people that they accept will not choose to attend there and they will have the opportunity to fall back on their on hold applicants. Just guessing though....

I don't think it's a rejection, i bet that since they are a new school they assume many people that they accept will not choose to attend there and they will have the opportunity to fall back on their on hold applicants. Just guessing though....

thats a possibility; I heard they arent WLing after interviews they're either accepting or rejecting?

and im not crossing any school of my list necessarily until I get rejected. But im lucky enough to have two interviews lined up at two schools I like a lot so im going to focus on them more then any other schools.

thats a possibility; I heard they arent WLing after interviews they're either accepting or rejecting?

and im not crossing any school of my list necessarily until I get rejected. But im lucky enough to have two interviews lined up at two schools I like a lot so im going to focus on them more then any other schools.
Gotcha. Well good luck with those interviews you do have.:thumbup:

just flew into raleigh-durham, drove down to lillington, and checked into my hotel for tomorrow's interview! excited!

only problem is: what do i do until then?? :eek:

hahah :D

just flew into raleigh-durham, drove down to lillington, and checked into my hotel for tomorrow's interview! excited!

only problem is: what do i do until then?? :eek:

hahah :D

How long did it take you to drive from the airport to Lillington?
Good Luck tomorrow! Let us know details when it's over!!

How long did it take you to drive from the airport to Lillington?
Good Luck tomorrow! Let us know details when it's over!!

about 45 minutes, very peaceful drive -- i just got back from visiting the campus.. well partially bc i looked up the closest chick fil a and it was there :D

i will def let you know aftewards!

about 45 minutes, very peaceful drive -- i just got back from visiting the campus.. well partially bc i looked up the closest chick fil a and it was there :D

i will def let you know aftewards!

Good luck on the interview!

thanks! and it looks like i will be interviewing at LMU-DCOM before you so i'll def. let you know how that one goes too!

Thanks for the offer, but I decided to withdraw from my LMU interview. My fiancée is kinda in love with Raleigh, NC. Happy wife (to be) happy life :)

interview call!! can't believe I finally got it, I was so nervous just seeing everyone elses' posted. September 25th! anyone else on that date?

For those who are out of state and interviewed, did you fly into Raleigh? If so, how did you get from Raleigh to the school? I am only 21 so I'm not sure I can rent a car

I am in state, but you can definitely still rent a car, you will just have to pay the extra Under 25 rental fee.

For those who are out of state and interviewed, did you fly into Raleigh? If so, how did you get from Raleigh to the school? I am only 21 so I'm not sure I can rent a car

every interviewee today was out of state...

most of us flew into raleigh-durham and rented a car and stayed at the microtel inn

gluck, sorry guys i am running on an hour of sleep, long day if you have questions you can PM me but overall interviews were very laid back and they're super friendly and knowledgeable!

every interviewee today was out of state...

most of us flew into raleigh-durham and rented a car and stayed at the microtel inn

gluck, sorry guys i am running on an hour of sleep, long day if you have questions you can PM me but overall interviews were very laid back and they're super friendly and knowledgeable!

hope everything went well for you and you get the decision! what did you think of the school?

hope everything went well for you and you get the decision! what did you think of the school?

i really liked it and i feel like it has a lot of potential!

everything looks very promising (already more than enough rotation sites in the bigger city areas), and the faculty are great/friendly! + the building will be brand new/high tech.

goodluckk pm me if you have any specific questions!

I misspelled a word in my secondary do you think that is going to harm my chances of getting in? :(

I misspelled a word in my secondary do you think that is going to harm my chances of getting in? :(
So did I and now I'm on hold. Just kidding.... about the misspelling part. Relax, I doubt it will harm your chances.

Gotcha. Well good luck with those interviews you do have.:thumbup:

That's the same email I got. So I called. They want my biochem grade before they proceed. Do you have any outstanding courses?

That's the same email I got. So I called. They want my biochem grade before they proceed. Do you have any outstanding courses?

I wish...I am all finished with my classes. Hopefully they re-review me in the future and decide to send the interview, I would really like to check out this school. Here's hoping to the hold list getting some action in the future :xf:

I am now wondering if it is in my best interest to send them that email updating them on my recently obtained research associate position among other significant developments that have come about since applying...thing is, I doubt my ECs are what deterred them in the first place:annoyed:

I wish...I am all finished with my classes. Hopefully they re-review me in the future and decide to send the interview, I would really like to check out this school. Here's hoping to the hold list getting some action in the future :xf:

I am now wondering if it is in my best interest to send them that email updating them on my recently obtained research associate position among other significant developments that have come about since applying...thing is, I doubt my ECs are what deterred them in the first place:annoyed:
You should send the update and restate your interest in the school. From experience Campbell says they like research, but they do not really care. Education is their main goal; research is an interest. What might help those borderline is to start doing some underprivileged work (especially in rural areas). If you have any ties to NC, make sure to express it in your update. Hope this helps.

when we were leaving on Tuesday they said that they will have an answer by Friday.
they said if you get a phone call = accepted, if you get rejection = e-mail.

i just got a phone call :laugh:

accepted!!!

congrats!!! welcome to the Campbell family :)

when we were leaving on Tuesday they said that they will have an answer by Friday.
they said if you get a phone call = accepted, if you get rejection = e-mail.

i just got a phone call :laugh:

accepted!!!

congrats!