Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats....is Campbell's class full yet haha...with the rate their acceptances are coming out seems like there is a 95% interview to acceptance rate or something haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats....is Campbell's class full yet haha...with the rate their acceptances are coming out seems like there is a 95% interview to aceptance rate or something haha.

well they only interviewed 7 of us on tuesday!

hang in there! goodluck

hang in there! goodluck

Thanks...I received an interview at the school that I am really interested in so I am hoping the interview success rate is the same at that school:D.

Campbell gave me ye olde hold ....and with the rate they seem to be sending acceptances out (which is awesome for people who interview) I'd be surprised if the hold list got any action...unless of course a majority of those who are getting acceptances choose to go to another school.

Kinda funny if you go back to the early pages of this thread there were people speculating that this school could potentially have had trouble filling up their class:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
how soon after you guys submitted your secondaries did you start getting II? I just submitted today and i feel like im SUPER late in the game!!! ahhhhh

Any ii news lately? It's been pretty quite...

when we were leaving on Tuesday they said that they will have an answer by Friday.
they said if you get a phone call = accepted, if you get rejection = e-mail.

i just got a phone call :laugh:

accepted!!!

Did they actually give you a tour through the constuction site at your interview? How's the building looking?

how soon after you guys submitted your secondaries did you start getting II? I just submitted today and i feel like im SUPER late in the game!!! ahhhhh

I got the complete email on Aug 13th and I just got an II right now via phone! It's going to be a while. Try to be as patient as you can! :luck:

Did they actually give you a tour through the constuction site at your interview? How's the building looking?

we just went to the parking lot lol
thanks for your help before! :)

we just went to the parking lot lol
thanks for your help before! :)

Yeah, we only got the parking lot tour too lol... it's no problem, glad you got the acceptance. What did you think of the school?

Congrats to those accepted. How long after you interviewed were you notified of your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
One week from today and Ill be hanging out, waiting for the interview. Can't wait for this one!

Got a bad email tonight was excited about campbell looks like it is not for me though. The email basically said that you had to have a 3.20 to be competitive and this is why they are not accepting me. I'm confused because my scGPA is a 3.24 and my overall is a 3.32 according to aacomas. Just needed to vent a little. Oh well good luck to everyone else at this school and other

Dane

Got a bad email tonight was excited about campbell looks like it is not for me though. The email basically said that you had to have a 3.20 to be competitive and this is why they are not accepting me. I'm confused because my scGPA is a 3.24 and my overall is a 3.32 according to aacomas. Just needed to vent a little. Oh well good luck to everyone else at this school and other

Dane

Keep your head up! When one door closes, another one is sure to open. I know its hard to hear, but keep fighting, and eventually you will get there! I wasn't accepted anywhere last year, but if you stay determined, you'll get in somewhere. Goodluck on your other apps and hope everything works out!

One week from today and Ill be hanging out, waiting for the interview. Can't wait for this one!

Mosonik, are you on the 24th? I will see you there! I fly in next Sunday!!
Getting nervous.. :eek:

I was lucky enough to get an acceptance here in August and I really liked the school a lot. I was wondering if any of the lurkers here on SDN go to Campbell or are familiar with it and could give info on their experience there. I have searched the internet and found some pretty negative reviews about being a student at Campbell..... obviously these students aren't in the med school but I would still love to have some insight on going to school in Buies Creek.

Yeah, we only got the parking lot tour too lol... it's no problem, glad you got the acceptance. What did you think of the school?

i loved the school and the environment; the faculty they're all very knowledgeable and have experience from very well-known/established institutions! :thumbup:

For those of you guys that got accepted or already been interviewed, did you guys have anything extra to add to that survey that campbell wanted you to fill out before the interview?

I really don't have any ECs to add, but I wonder if that will make me look bad that I haven't gone and shadowed a D.O. or something during my waiting time...

Any thoughts?

For those of you guys that got accepted or already been interviewed, did you guys have anything extra to add to that survey that campbell wanted you to fill out before the interview?

I really don't have any ECs to add, but I wonder if that will make me look bad that I haven't gone and shadowed a D.O. or something during my waiting time...

Any thoughts?

i didnt add anything. its just a survey, wont hurt you.

Any thoughts?

I had nothing else to add. I just put something about 'please see application'. And for the "anything else you want to tell us?" part, I just emphasized the fact that I am very interested in CUSOM.

Any thoughts?

Im interviewing next Monday but if it makes you feel any better, i didnt add anything. It seems they are only interviewing people they strongly interested in so I dont think there's any "red flag" with no current updates

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to get an acceptance here in August and I really liked the school a lot. I was wondering if any of the lurkers here on SDN go to Campbell or are familiar with it and could give info on their experience there. I have searched the internet and found some pretty negative reviews about being a student at Campbell..... obviously these students aren't in the med school but I would still love to have some insight on going to school in Buies Creek.

well, from this forum I have only heard good things about the med school so I love to be accepted here.
Anyhow, I went to Campbell for all my years of Undergrad. (go campbell CAMELS!..just thought I throw that out there..haha). Where should I start...well..the campus looks pretty lively when class time rolls around, but all other times is like ghost town, especially on the weekends cause most people leave campus. You really have to make the effort to venture out and join some campus activities in order to make friends. For entertainment you would have to drive back to Raleigh which is an hour away or stick with the walmart in Dunn nearby.

With that said, is a great place to study with very minimal distraction. The thing I loved most about Campbell was the student/faculty ratio. I got to know most of the professors in my dept. pretty well since they taught several of my classes. Since there weren't that many students, they could afford a lot of time helping or advising me on stuff. The campus is also not that huge so everything is within decent walkable distance. When I was there, only chick-fil-a existed aside from the cafeterias, but thats okay cause I could eat that everyday! Sports wise..well..lets just say campbell isn't in the same division as the other big schools in NC, but still something fun to do as a break and you are bound to get good seats. hmm..probably more I could say but this message is getting lengthy so PM if you have any questions.

To those who have interviewed, were most of your interviewers M.Ds or D.Os or have some other degree? I am guessing they will probably ask why I chose the DO path so just seeing if the faculties themselves are mostly D.Os or not.

Thanks!

To those who have interviewed, were most of your interviewers M.Ds or D.Os or have some other degree? I am guessing they will probably ask why I chose the DO path so just seeing if the faculties themselves are mostly D.Os or not.

Thanks!

They have a mixed faculty that are both DO and MD. For my interviews I had two DO's and one PhD (Dean of academic affairs and research guy) but you should deffinately be able to articulate why you chose the DO path for the interview, I was asked this in every interview

I also did some reading about this school by searching online and also saw a some bad reviews, two of the sites that had interviews said that something like 49% of the people polled were unhappy at Campbell. So, then I looked up my current undergrad university and it said 76% of the students polled were unhappy lol which is completely off from my personal opinion, I would have thought that 90% + would be happy because I am having an awesome experience there. When reading the individual comments about the schools, most of the comments were really nit picky, blaming the school for their own problems and griping about having to do work and material being hard :sleep:

Just my personal personal opinion but I wouldn't put an extremely large amount of worth in the online complaining.... people will always complain, especially when you make them work hard to complete a large goal (like a college education)

In my personal (and admittedly limited) experience the students that I had interactions with were very friendly, the campus is beautiful, facilities were nice inside, had a chik fil-a and awesome coffee shop on campus :)) both are a must in my book), and buies creek itself seemed like a pretty area but kinda lame, however it is really close to some awesome areas (Raleigh, Durham, Wilmington beach)

I received an email today from Campbell that didn't have a secondary or a rejection.

Thank you for submitting an initial application through ACCOMAS. This application has been received by Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next two weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you regarding the status of your application at that time

Anyone received this?

I received an email today from Campbell that didn't have a secondary or a rejection.

Thank you for submitting an initial application through ACCOMAS. This application has been received by Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next two weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you regarding the status of your application at that time

Anyone received this?

Yup, I did. Then I was placed on hold, but got the secondary a few weeks after and haven't heard anything since being complete.

Anyone received this?

I received this message today as well.

Got my actual acceptance letter today in the mail as I returned from LMU-DCOM interview!

:thumbup:

Great interview day experience today. All around impressed and am hoping for a call on Friday.
The whole school and faculty/staff could fool you that they haven't even started a class yet they're so organized. They are ambitious and going to be providing a lot of great things to the students here but in return they expect a lot too. If I get an acceptance, I'll be there for sure.
Any particular questions, feel free to PM me

Great interview day experience today. All around impressed and am hoping for a call on Friday.
The whole school and faculty/staff could fool you that they haven't even started a class yet they're so organized. They are ambitious and going to be providing a lot of great things to the students here but in return they expect a lot too. If I get an acceptance, I'll be there for sure.

hope you get in! if you do, join the fb group and meet the rest of your classmates :D

:thumbup:

ACCEPTED!! super ready to get this thing started! Look forward to meeting everyone next year! I will be happy to answer any questions :)

Accepted too! Got the call yesterday

congrats and join the facebook group so we can be friends!!!....and stalk each other :) kidding!

Who's the admin for the facebook group? I want to join in!

Hey to all you accepted luck people! Does Campbell have federal loans or do you have to take out private loans for your medical education? I wasn't sure about this so I thought you all might know...

Hey to all you accepted luck people! Does Campbell have federal loans or do you have to take out private loans for your medical education? I wasn't sure about this so I thought you all might know...

CU-SOM is affiliated with an accredited university so they are eligible for any federal loan or grant any other medical school in the country is. What that generally boils down to is the Stafford Unsub. and the GradPlus.
If you have more questions, I'm sure Samantha Collinash will be happy to help you, she's very knowledgeable and director of financial aid for the new med school.

So my primary application was released this week. I got this e-mail from Campbell a few days ago. Does anyone know what this means?

Thank you for submitting an initial application through ACCOMAS. This application has been received by Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next two weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you regarding the status of your application at that time.

So my primary application was released this week. I got this e-mail from Campbell a few days ago. Does anyone know what this means?

Thank you for submitting an initial application through ACCOMAS. This application has been received by Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine. We look forward to reviewing your credentials. The committee will begin reviewing applications during the next two weeks and will be certain to follow-up with you regarding the status of your application at that time.

im not sure what your question is. dont overthink it, it means exactly what it says no more no less