Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks fam. We're doing a little bit better. I'm even going to try to get through a few lectures today while hanging with my dad. The coming week is going to suck, but the love has been amazing and very helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
I have definitely overloaded this year. I've had to stop studying for my test this Friday so I can work on my research paper that I have a meeting for tomorrow :bang: why did I do this to myself? On the flip side after the test on Friday I'll be 7 lectures behind plus a discussion and a CBL with a wedding to go to over the weekend and another test next Friday with new material next week as well. So this is what they meant by second year is hell...

Reactions: 1 user
I have definitely overloaded this year. I've had to stop studying for my test this Friday so I can work on my research paper that I have a meeting for tomorrow :bang: why did I do this to myself? On the flip side after the test on Friday I'll be 7 lectures behind plus a discussion and a CBL with a wedding to go to over the weekend and another test next Friday with new material next week as well. So this is what they meant by second year is hell...

Pretty much sums it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like I’ve just accepted my fate that I’m not going to be academically superior and practically never tell anybody no when they ask to do something non-vet school related. Mental health > A student. And they always say you learn the majority of what you need to know in practice. It’s probably going to come back to bite me later but...:whistle:

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like I’ve just accepted my fate that I’m not going to be academically superior and practically never tell anybody no when they ask to do something non-vet school related. Mental health > A student. And they always say you learn the majority of what you need to know in practice. It’s probably going to come back to bite me later but...:whistle:

I thin almost everyone who had ever been through vet school wishes they had made the time for more self-care/more non-vet school related things.

Reactions: 8 users
I'm making some changes starting second year as far as mental health. I've started taking exercise classes 3 times a week and will get a gym membership to work out 5/6 days a week. I also have a pretty amazing boyfriend that I make time to see at least once if not twice a week. I'm just stressed because I know practice isn't a long term option for me. I really see myself doing lab animal and if that's the case I need to raise my GPA just a little bit more for resdencies. It's hard to balance everything, but I'm trying. I study everyday... not crazy all nighters or hours upon hours.. I do a lot of quizlets... we will see how it goes. Just stresses me out that I need to do well to raise the ol' GPA in that I can't have the "just pass" mentality if you're one of the ones going into GP.

I'm making some changes starting second year as far as mental health. I've started taking exercise classes 3 times a week and will get a gym membership to work out 5/6 days a week. I also have a pretty amazing boyfriend that I make time to see at least once if not twice a week. I'm just stressed because I know practice isn't a long term option for me. I really see myself doing lab animal and if that's the case I need to raise my GPA just a little bit more for resdencies. It's hard to balance everything, but I'm trying. I study everyday... not crazy all nighters or hours upon hours.. I do a lot of quizlets... we will see how it goes. Just stresses me out that I need to do well to raise the ol' GPA in that I can't have the "just pass" mentality if you're one of the ones going into GP.
I completely understand this. I work out 3 times a week, and see a therapist once a week. Had a huge exam yesterday and I couldn’t eat anything but Cheerios for ~32 hours and it was rough. I’m trying to help myself, but daaaaaaang. It’s hard. Best of luck. :biglove:

I completely understand this. I work out 3 times a week, and see a therapist once a week. Had a huge exam yesterday and I couldn’t eat anything but Cheerios for ~32 hours and it was rough. I’m trying to help myself, but daaaaaaang. It’s hard. Best of luck. :biglove:

To you too! What are you interested in doing again? I'm thinking surgery off the top of my head?

Surgery!!! I’m 92% sold on specializing and doing SA surgery. The other 8% of me is thinking ECC!

I am not going to specialize, but I really want to do ECC.

I started guitar lessons last week. Don't know what prompted it, but it is nice learning something that is just for me.

Have you ever studied for an exam, knowing that you are still 100% going to fail it?

That’s me for my clinincal anatomy exam. I honestly don’t know what this exam is going to be like, and I’m terrified. :eek:

Have you ever studied for an exam, knowing that you are still 100% going to fail it?

That’s me for my clinincal anatomy exam. I honestly don’t know what this exam is going to be like, and I’m terrified. :eek:
It's okay. We have a tox exam tomorrow and my whole class has been like
giphy.gif

For at least four days now

None of us know what's happening and all I am really aware of in terms of toxic plants is that it is a minor miracles that cows survive on the range at all

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
At this point I'm suffering from a chronic exam toxicity. Clinical signs include (but are not limited to) incompetent speech, episodic procrastination, and excessive napping. There is no cure. Provide symptomatic/supportive care. Reduce exposure to future examinations if possible.

Reactions: 10 users
giphy.gif

None of us know what's happening and all I am really aware of in terms of toxic plants is that it is a minor miracles that cows survive on the range at all
The only thing I know is that our toxic plants were planted in THE BEST LOCATION POSSIBLE. Aka veeeerrrryyyyyy near to our resident horse pasture.

giphy.gif

Apparently our tox class is really really bad and we don’t even have a professor for it- it’s all distance learning.

At this point I'm suffering from a chronic exam toxicity. Clinical signs include (but are not limited to) incompetent speech, episodic procrastination, and excessive napping. There is no cure. Provide symptomatic/supportive care. Reduce exposure to future examinations if possible.
I know exactly what you’re dealing with. Here I’ll write you a prescription.

9/23/2018
Finnick

Rx: Wine 14 bottles
Sig: administer one bottle by mouth every 24 hours as needed (for 3 years)

Cdoconn
DEA no: 1. Refills: unlimited until May 2021
(For Veterinary use only)

Reactions: 6 users
Apparently our tox class is really really bad and we don’t even have a professor for it- it’s all distance learning.
Heyyyyyy sounds like my imaging class!!!! Except we have also had two equine surgeons come in and try and lecture too. One was good, one was.....not...... Assumed we already knew a bunch of things THE SECOND WEEK OF SCHOOL and glossed over things in equine ultrasound because he thought we must all see what he’s seeing :lame:

Just got on here to say the same thing. I’ve been at it non-stop since 10 AM and my brain wants to explode. It doesn’t help that they really didn’t tell us what they expect from us on the exam. Because do I really have to remember all these attachments? I thought this torture was for first year only. Go away anatomy. :arghh:

Just got on here to say the same thing. I’ve been at it non-stop since 10 AM and my brain wants to explode. It doesn’t help that they really didn’t tell us what they expect from us on the exam. Because do I really have to remember all these attachments? I thought this torture was for first year only. Go away anatomy. :arghh:
I feel like my brain is dying, who thought this class was a good idea?

I feel like my brain is dying, who thought this class was a good idea?
But really...I feel like there is hardly any structure to it. Just “here’s some random structures and their attachments and they can probably get several types of fractures in this area”. Maybe if it was case-based like signs and symptoms or clin path it would make more sense. It is supposed to be “clinical” after all. Maybe the other sections will be better.

But really...I feel like there is hardly any structure to it. Just “here’s some random structures and their attachments and they can probably get several types of fractures in this area”. Maybe if it was case-based like signs and symptoms or clin path it would make more sense. It is supposed to be “clinical” after all. Maybe the other sections will be better.
Exactly! I told my friend, the terrible part about this class is that I remember enough from anatomy that it’s all repetitive and boring to study, BUT I DONT REMEMBER ENOUGH TO NOT STUDY!!!

I'm finally caught up on Tox, Pharm, and Genetics as of today. ~100 slides left for Gen Path and ~150 slides left for immuno. The school was awesome and is allowing me to take my midterms next week with a day in between. My class has been amazing and so supportive, I can't even believe it.

I don't go back till Sunday after being gone since the 13th. And I already want thanksgiving to be here so I can be back with my parents.

But gotta keep going on.

Reactions: 10 users
I'm finally caught up on Tox, Pharm, and Genetics as of today. ~100 slides left for Gen Path and ~150 slides left for immuno. The school was awesome and is allowing me to take my midterms next week with a day in between. My class has been amazing and so supportive, I can't even believe it.

I don't go back till Sunday after being gone since the 13th. And I already want thanksgiving to be here so I can be back with my parents.

But gotta keep going on.
Hugs hun ❤️ I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. I’m so glad the school is being supportive.

Hugs hun ❤️ I can’t even imagine what you’re going through. I’m so glad the school is being supportive.

Thank you <3 The last couple of days have seen a rise in positivity in the form of normalcy. When we have good days, I've been trying to be super productive and it's been working.

But gotta keep going on.
That’s so great that your school is being so supportive of you! I’m here if you ever need anything! SDN supports you as well! :biglove:

okay so based on how I did on that exam:

Kicked ass on SA musculoskeletal stuff
Got my ass kicked on Equine musculoskeletal stuff

Neutral opinions about cows

So I can be a small animal surgeon still if I choose ortho, but not an equine surgeon. :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I’m tired. :sleep: This week has been a butt whooping 3 exams and a quiz.

next week’s not looking any better. :help:

Almost halfway through week 7 / 17. I am tired. Why are there so many weeks in the semester? Why are there so many exams? These are questions that keep me up at night. :help:

Almost halfway through week 7 / 17. I am tired. Why are there so many weeks in the semester? Why are there so many exams? These are questions that keep me up at night. :help:

Should've gone to Illinois :whistle:

ah yes, but that would’ve meant that my dad’s side of the family would’ve been less than an two hours away and I have some psychotic relatives on that side.

You could've hidden in my farmhouse!

Should've gone to Illinois :whistle:
Come to illinois, where an entire year’s worth of success hinges on only six exams and a single bad grade haunts you for eternity

And you could’ve hung out with bats, @SportPonies, and I ALLTHETIME
This makes up for it though

Before it was cool, Yoda did it