Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I let Jesus take the wheel to a certain extent for my late midterm (and mad shout out to my class for being patient and waiting for me to take the exam before seeing their official grades). There was stuff I definitely knew at least!

I'm waiting to check the grade until Sunday night cause I'm meeting with the counselor on Monday to figure out a plan if I bombed the exam. The final is in two weeks. But apparently they'll help me stay on track and will work with me to try and not defer.

I'm also taking tonight off and am going to start working on getting caught up tomorrow.

Reactions: 5 users
I have two really big exams this week (virology and pharm) and what have I done with my weekend?

Watched 16 episodes of Fixer Upper. :help:

Reactions: 1 users
Me, 7 weeks ago: man, it's good to be back. This is so exciting! Huzzah, we will learn new things. Animals. Friends. The best.

Me, 5 weeks ago: Why can't we all just get along like we used to, in the golden days of first year fall when all of us were awkward and worried we would not make friends?

Me, 4 weeks ago: You know what I need more of in my life? Club responsibilities. And a job. And miscellaneous activities! I can do all the things!

Me, 3 weeks ago: Everything is awful and everything has worms.

Me, 2 weeks ago: I'm going to fully invest in taking more time for myself this year. Commit to exercising, going horseback riding...you know. The happy stuff.

Me, 1 week ago: LOL @past me hahahahahaha why why why

Me, 4 days ago: never thought I'd see the day when exams are one of my strengths/one of the easiest things on my plate, but I'll take it

Me, now: AAAHHH STOP EMAILING ME OR MESSAGING ME WITH MORE STUFF TO DO. THE NEXT PERSON WHO EMAILS ME ASKING ME TO DO RANDOM STUFF OR ABOUT A DEADLINE IS GETTING BITTEN, SO IT IS A GOOD THING YOU ARE LIKELY RABIES VACCINATED.

Second year, guys. Toooooooooo much minutiae amidst a rollercoaster of emotions, in a sea of overcommitment and overly-high expectations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
@PippyPony this is definitely us right now

77182EED-0E41-4AD4-BE47-EC8C87241F8A.gif

So I was studying in the main class room last night and was interrupted several times by tours for prospective students. I had to laugh when one of the professor/tour guides said, "Here are some VM2s in their natural habitat. They are high stress creatures that live on caffeine and sugar."

Now I know what zoo animals feel like...

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Our Parasitology professor was ranting today in class about a vet school she wouldn’t name, and she was going on and on and she said that the students got to choose between taking either bacteriology, virology, or parasitology.

So I figured I’d go to SDN and figure out who it was. She might be completely wrong, but as someone who ends up taking 2 parasitology courses and parasit during clinics, I wanna know who gets to choose. :laugh:

Our Parasitology professor was ranting today in class about a vet school she wouldn’t name, and she was going on and on and she said that the students got to choose between taking either bacteriology, virology, or parasitology.

So I figured I’d go to SDN and figure out who it was. She might be completely wrong, but as someone who ends up taking 2 parasitology courses and parasit during clinics, I wanna know who gets to choose. :laugh:
I don’t think it’s here

1) Can confirm, not Illinois. I'm taking all three right now with antimicrobials.

2) I'm finding this hard to believe, too....

Reactions: 1 user

So I figured I’d go to SDN and figure out who it was. She might be completely wrong, but as someone who ends up taking 2 parasitology courses and parasit during clinics, I wanna know who gets to choose.
Not here either.
Agree hard to believe imo.

Tell usssss :p

Let me add to the process of elimination. It's not here.

List of eliminated schools:

Illinois
Washington
Michigan

Michigan and Washington would be so offended they were mixed up.

Actually, Washington State would be way more offended they were :laugh:

I was going for simple, easy to do list while I do (avoid) my viro flashcards. Lol

Because I have a virology exam tomorrow and am seriously procrastinating:

Have to take separate virology, parasitology, and bacteriolog:
Oklahoma State
University of Illinois
Washington State
Michigan Stats

Unaccounted for:

Auburn University:
University of California - Davis:
Colorado State University:
University of Florida:
University of Georgia:
Iowa State University:
Kansas State University:
Lincoln Memorial University:
Louisiana State University:
Midwestern University:
University of Minnesota:
Mississippi State University:
University of Missouri:
Ohio State University:
Oregon State University:
University of Pennsylvania:
Purdue University:
Texas A&M University:
University of Tennessee:
Tufts University:
Tuskegee University:
Virginia-Maryland Regional College:
Washington State University:
Western University of Health Sciences:

I guarantee @SkiOtter is sifting through all the school websites right now.

Reactions: 2 users
Can confirm it’s not A&M. We have all three of those incorporated into one big year long course with the new curriculum. They used to be separate courses in the old curriculum I think.

Because I have a virology exam tomorrow and am seriously procrastinating:

Have to take separate virology, parasitology, and bacteriology:
Oklahoma State
Illinois
Washington State
Michigan State
Texas A&M

Unaccounted for:

Auburn University:
University of California - Davis:
Colorado State University:
University of Florida:
University of Georgia:
Iowa State University:
Kansas State University:
Lincoln Memorial University:
Louisiana State University:
Midwestern University:
University of Minnesota:
Mississippi State University:
University of Missouri:
Ohio State University:
Oregon State University:
University of Pennsylvania:
Purdue University:
University of Tennessee:
Tufts University:
Tuskegee University:
Virginia-Maryland Regional College:
Washington State University:
Western University of Health Sciences:

YOU?!?! YOU DONT KNOW EVERYONE ON HERE TOO?????? BUT HOW CAN WE CALL YOU THE KEEPER OF ALL KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWER OF ALL PEOPLE?!?!?! FOR SHAME.

I know, it's straight sacrilege. I still don't know the first year class.