CWWem's HoWWiday ExtWWavangza (mafia game thread)

Started by Clem J
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Drool GIF by Model Plate
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think a lot of people’s sus toward me comes back to inactivity which fair - I’m just warning I’m driving back to Gainesville tomorrow morning so I will be completely afk about 5 hours depending on traffic. But after I’m back at school I should have a lot more free time and (hopefully) be more useful at wolf hunting. I’m sowwy. My grandma no like phone useage.
 
FINAL D1 Tally:
kitzsuna ( 3 ): dubz, sar, fruit
sardoghandler ( 3 ): genny, apop, katie
katiemcat ( 1 ): psv
wildzoo ( 1 ): kitz
zenge142 ( 1 ): Spurs
sleep ( 1 ): CG

You have about 10 minutes to alert me to any mistakes in the tally.

Final D2 Vote Count:

genny
( 4 ): spurs, dubz, fruit, katie
katiemcat ( 3 ): apop, psv, genny
Gospursgo ( 1 ): lissa

If there are any mistakes, you have about ten minutes to let me know before they're canon
oh the apop wagon disintegrated completely in both days
 
Explain in abundant detail
PSV wants katie dead, so they aren't paired, and apop went pretty strong against katie in an unpairing fashion

zenge vs katie was a dispute that isn't W/W and it feels really unnecessary for wolf!zenge to attack wolf!katie like that

it's clearly not me with the way we approached each other and how katie was voting me

that leaves Lissa, WZ, and you i guess.

WZ did vote for katie and extended her wagon to 3, but i'd need to entertain a deepwolf WZ theory... which is certainly possible but terrifying

you defended katie a bit but... like... i don't think you're a wolf
 
WZ did vote for katie and extended her wagon to 3, but i'd need to entertain a deepwolf WZ theory... which is certainly possible but terrifying
I should revisit dubZ at some point, but... she has the same problem as Zenge. Why the investment in the SAR/kitz vote if it's v/v?

I've never been pocketed, though. That would be a new and fun way for me to lose this game that I've still never won outside of the speed game.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why couldn't this be a new fruits double-bussing strategy? Whoever doesn't get the votes gets massive town cred?

I'm not saying I believe this, but... I'm at the point where I need to reassess my blocc
as much as i like being run over by a bus, i don’t drive a bus. like… it’s physically impossible for me

but i can entertain this speculation, just pointing out it’ll happen only in an alternate universe :sorry:
 
i also don’t really care about town cred as a wolf, my goal is to be run over as fast as possible and punt my packmates deep into village bloc
 
I'm trying to keep the worst of the spiraling under control but this gamestate gives me the heebies
Yeah.

If the pack is you and fruit specifically, then gg you really got me. But I think I'm inclined to find whoever is not in my blocc first.

I'm probably going to return to either apop or Zenge at start of the next day cycle.
 
Explain mildly.

Cuz counterpoint, Zenge managed to avoid voting on either day. Yes, there is a good reason for each day, but it also gives him nice plausible deniability for both votes.
I've been somewhat on an island on Zenge in our blocc, but something has just pinged me wrong there from the start.
 
Explain mildly.

Cuz counterpoint, Zenge managed to avoid voting on either day. Yes, there is a good reason for each day, but it also gives him nice plausible deniability for both votes.
yes that’s valid, i’m going by his approach to the game and end of day 1 behavior; the way he interacted with katie didn’t set off any alarms
 
Explain mildly.

Cuz counterpoint, Zenge managed to avoid voting on either day. Yes, there is a good reason for each day, but it also gives him nice plausible deniability for both votes.
I don't think there's any plausible deniability. You can effectively say he voted for SAR and genny as that's where he stated his intention to vote and I would analyze his slot from that perspective. It's not the same as someone ghosting completely and not voting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes yes hmm the wolfy posts. I feel like I don’t have a ton of time left for subtlety :laugh:

I’m just saying, Zenge managed to very effectively be performative as a villager in the speed game I played. I feel like he could do it as a wolf too. Clearing him essentially for being invested in the vote at end of day 1 is a little flimsy.

All that being said I would need to look closely at him and apop, and I should re-examine Katie too
 
Yes yes hmm the wolfy posts. I feel like I don’t have a ton of time left for subtlety :laugh:

I’m just saying, Zenge managed to very effectively be performative as a villager in the speed game I played. I feel like he could do it as a wolf too. Clearing him essentially for being invested in the vote at end of day 1 is a little flimsy.

All that being said I would need to look closely at him and apop, and I should re-examine Katie too
Zenge. .. was a villager 🤔
 
Yes yes hmm the wolfy posts. I feel like I don’t have a ton of time left for subtlety :laugh:

I’m just saying, Zenge managed to very effectively be performative as a villager in the speed game I played. I feel like he could do it as a wolf too. Clearing him essentially for being invested in the vote at end of day 1 is a little flimsy.

All that being said I would need to look closely at him and apop, and I should re-examine Katie too
Eh? Why would him being performative as a villager be a data point towards him doing it as a wolf? Of course nothing is 100% but that seems kinda stretchy.

Regardless the EOD1 stuff is not the only thing fruit and I have brought up.
 
"Performative" made it sound like he was pretending to be a villager at the time 😅 I get what you're saying now though
Ah yes. "Performative" in that he was covering for our actual jailer.

Eh? Why would him being performative as a villager be a data point towards him doing it as a wolf? Of course nothing is 100% but that seems kinda stretchy.

Regardless the EOD1 stuff is not the only thing fruit and I have brought up.
I just generally think Zenge is a really good player and could fake a lot of investment in an outcome he actually doesn't really care about. If he looks invested in EOD1, he winds up looking just fine no matter how it turns out because... it's day 1, **** happens.

low key getting a whiff of how you were defending Clem in the Good pWWace.
 
Ah yes. "Performative" in that he was covering for our actual jailer.


I just generally think Zenge is a really good player and could fake a lot of investment in an outcome he actually doesn't really care about. If he looks invested in EOD1, he winds up looking just fine no matter how it turns out because... it's day 1, **** happens.

low key getting a whiff of how you were defending Clem in the Good pWWace.
Don't small text at me Spurs, if you're gonna throw sus my way do to with your whole chest!

w!Zenge would have just let me keep SAR. That I am pretty sure of.
 
Don't small text at me Spurs, if you're gonna throw sus my way do to with your whole chest!

w!Zenge would have just let me keep SAR. That I am pretty sure of.
But I really want to blocc with you dubZ and I don't WANT to throw sus your way 😭

I was hand-waving stuff about Clem in the good PWWace by being like "That's just Clem, it's NAI!"

This is not the same. I'm telling you Zenge is village here and your arguments against that aren't making much sense to me.
That's fine, you don't have to agree with me on it. I'm just telling you I'm not convinced he's village. It is possible I have a blind spot there, but I did find v!Zenge pretty easily in supernatural and in the speed game, and I found w!Zenge pretty easily once he flipped in supernatural.

I can probably be persuaded to look elsewhere though. apop, for example...

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad
 
But I really want to blocc with you dubZ and I don't WANT to throw sus your way 😭


That's fine, you don't have to agree with me on it. I'm just telling you I'm not convinced he's village. It is possible I have a blind spot there, but I did find v!Zenge pretty easily in supernatural and in the speed game, and I found w!Zenge pretty easily once he flipped in supernatural.

I can probably be persuaded to look elsewhere though. apop, for example...

Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad
I'm sorry. I don't want to break up the blocc prematurely, I just get prickly in this kind of gamestate.

You're allowed your re-evaluation, maybe you'll see something I'm missing.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
genny apop Lissa PSV katie Zenge fruit Spurs

Unpairings:
Spurs/Zenge
Spurs/Lissa
Spurs/apop
PSV/katie
fruit/katie
fruit/apop
katie/apop
katie/Zenge
RE your question of who is paired with apop...

I think you can add yourself to the unpaired list, since you implied you would have voted with me on her if I had.

Lissa, PSV, and for me Zenge would all make sense
 
apoptosis09: W lean. This is always hard for me because apop is always generally sus. I don’t know I want to vote here today though especially with their last few messages.
fruitsalad: W lean. While his chaos reads are not atypical, they don’t seem to reach fruition (ha) with any solid investigation. I also think the resistance to fruit vote is strange given he isn’t being strongly village read. I don’t think both fruit and apop are wolves though given their votes for each other unless theater?
genny: V lean, consistent with village gennny I’ve played with.
Gospursgo: Village. Strong lead off the bat. Not in line with wolf spurs I know. Pushing for reads and ideas.
Lissarae06: Village. In line with supernatural Lissa as I said yesterday.
potentialsheltervet: Neutral, I haven’t seen much of her today. But her posts yesterday seemed to be within her village meta.
wildzoo: Neutral, I have never played with them like I said. Right now they seem to be one of our strongest pushing for solving, but I hear they are a scary wolf so I’m being cautious.
zenge142: W lean, this doesn’t seem like real Zenge solving to me rn. Sorry. But I have been wrong about him before so giving this a bit more time.

Ok I really need to go now I will hopefully be able to check in before EOD but ya.

For now yeet fruit
If I'm reading katie as village, I should probably look at this more closely too.