CWWem's HoWWiday ExtWWavangza (mafia game thread)

Started by Clem J
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It worked last game! I was like "pretty suspicious that you were the top of Dubz's wolf reads!" then BAM! We got em'!
... you got us last game because you got mechanical information about 2 of us, plus an SK killed the other one? I don't understand what you're saying here.
 
It worked last game! I was like "pretty suspicious that you were the top of Dubz's wolf reads!" then BAM! We got em'!
You have some selective memory issues my friend.

Yeah that worked for beans, but you followed me on CeeGee and Barks too. You'd think you'd have learned your lesson...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You have some selective memory issues my friend.

Yeah that worked for beans, but you followed me on CeeGee and Barks too. You'd think you'd have learned your lesson...
I didn’t follow you on Barks! I got onto the vote incase I was wrong but I was kicking and screaming about how she seems town
 
I didn’t follow you on Barks! I got onto the vote incase I was wrong but I was kicking and screaming about how she seems town
Yeah yeah I remember, you voiced reasonable concerns etc etc

Guess I should have learned my lesson and listened to you this time
 
Do we have some wolf games of Lissa I can eyeball?

I feel like all I’ve heard from people are “She’s like she was in Supernatural”

And okay, sure. But I feel like I need to read a Lissa wolf game for comparison.
 
Do we have some wolf games of Lissa I can eyeball?

I feel like all I’ve heard from people are “She’s like she was in Supernatural”

And okay, sure. But I feel like I need to read a Lissa wolf game for comparison.
You'd have to go back like...years. I don't remember specifically what games she wolfed in (I'm pretty sure I wolfed with her before when I was a wee nooblet) but there hasn't been one since she returned from retirement.
 
Do we have some wolf games of Lissa I can eyeball?

I feel like all I’ve heard from people are “She’s like she was in Supernatural”

And okay, sure. But I feel like I need to read a Lissa wolf game for comparison.
Whatever w!lissa looked like before, I’m sure it doesn’t look like this.
 
Whatever the thing is that is broken in my brain now really, really wants to track down her last wolf game
Best Wishes Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor
 
None of them are giving their usual village selves (yes holidays I know, but even within that) and have all interacted in a spread that makes me think one (and likely only one) is wolf.
Actually I want to revisit this.

What about Fruit's play here "isn't his usual village self" in your mind?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also reminder I’ll be starting my road trip tomorrow AM (fml I hate holiday travel).

My POE didn’t seem popular this round but I plan on exploring it a bit more when I have the time to ISO players after my trip.
I think I’m gonna go back to apop. Which doesn’t feel great, but I feel like there is a preponderance of sus there but we’ve all decided it was a trap for… reasons.

Or I’ll be dead tomorrow and won’t have any say in it.

Good luck on my ISO and sorry for the ****posts 😅
 
I don’t even remember what my last wolf game was. It was probably 10 years ago. Anyway, I said something at the beginning of this game about Clem copy pasta-ing role PMs that should make it clear I’m town
FYI—I did catch this at the beginning of the game, and is the tinfoil for why I had been village reading you. Tonight just before you posted this, I asked Clem whether I could share this tinfoil for why I was reading you village. He replied by saying the town role PM text is public knowledge and had also been shared explicitly with the bad guys.

Now, I think any discussion of whether a town or not-town would use this as justification to try and clear themself quickly devolves into angle-shooting. So I’ll just leave all this to the side, and say I’m still probably town reading you for now. But the board of suspects is getting small.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NOTICE:

I will almost certainly not be able to process night actions on time tomorrow, due to being on a rare child free day date with my beloved.

As such: I will process them tomorrow evening as early as I am able to. Day 3's deadline will be extended a reasonable amount (within my ability to handle the cycle change). Night 4 will be shortened accordingly to get us back on schedule.

All of this should have an "if needed" appended, as is standard, of course.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
 
Will there be a notice if it's yeet or lose?

No.
For anyone wondering, here's some back of the napkin math. Currently 8 players.

If 3 scum, we are at 5v3. If 1 NK, it's 4v3 and VOLO with hammer of 4. If 0 NK, 5v3, still VOLO with hammer of 5. If 2 town kills at night, W win (so... use your vig if you've got it but aim well!).

If 2 scum, we are at 6v2. If 1 NK, it's 5v2, no volo with hammer of 4. If 0 NK, 6v2, no VOLO with hammer of 5. If 2 town kills at night, 4v2 VOLO with hammer of 4.

Personally I think 3 scum is slightly more likely. But it depends how powerful the holiday/pirate and secret Santa actions are, and their ratio of success. Part of me thinking 3 scum is more likely bakes in the assumption of them being both impactful and fairly likely, and if each town has access to them each night it feels like you would need more scum to balance out that power.
 
Where is your latest unpairing list dubZ? I’m trying to figure out what the possible packs with apop look like. Cuz if iirc she was unpaired with a fair number of players.
I haven't updated it since the genny flip but I don't think that changed it much
Unpairings:
Spurs/Zenge
Spurs/Lissa
Spurs/apop
PSV/katie
fruit/katie
fruit/apop
katie/apop
katie/Zenge

I think your proposal of PSV and/or Lissa makes sense on a surface level

I didn't include myself in these but I would say I'm unpaired with her too :laugh:
 
I haven't updated it since the genny flip but I don't think that changed it much


I think your proposal of PSV and/or Lissa makes sense on a surface level

I didn't include myself in these but I would say I'm unpaired with her too :laugh:
Yeah… i keep wanting to find more combos out there but with only 8 players and you/me/fruits being pretty solidly excluded, and Katie too I think, there just isn’t a lot out there to consider unless there is some significant distancing going on
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad