Des Moines

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aagbay

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
I was just offered an interview at Des Moines. I know about the interviewfeedback web site, but have any of you interviewed there? I'de be very interested to know how they went and your impressions of the school, especially relative to other schools.
Thanks in advance,
Tony

Members don't see this ad.

yo - I will be going there this August as a student. I just got in. Email me, and we'll talk.

Also, if anyone is going there for sure, email me!

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by kidterrific (edited 12-29-2000).]

I am from Iowa, and my home town is not far from Des Moines. I have visited the school, and I thought that it was great.
Although I am still in my undergrad, I know people that graduated from the college I go to who attend Des Moines. They really enjoy it there, although they say that Biochem is a kicker.
I would be very pleased if I could get accepted into Des Moines.
Good Luck, and Congrats-

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am from Iowa, and like KidT, I am attending Des Moines next fall. I got accepted a little different than other applicants. I applied under what they call the FaME program. It is a program offered to first or second year undergrads to apply to med school and if accepted they then return to Iowa and practice General Medicine in a community of 10,000 or less for four years. I did it and now I am attending there after my third year at the U of Iowa. But anyway...my impression of the school was like the above posters. It is an older school, but they have plans for renovations here in the near future. Biochem is a kicker, but the professor is awesome. He was a fauclty member that actually interviewed me. Talking with other students, they say the class is tough, but the guy is great.
The interview was really laid back. Nothing tricky, just straight forward "tell me about yourself" type questions. My advice is go there, be yourself, be confident and I am sure you will do just fine. I hope this helps.

GO HAWKEYES!

Glad to see you got in! Congratulations! See you in the fall, dude!

------------------
--
KidT
[email protected]

Boys and girls trust me, Bio-chem is easy. And yes the professors for the course are great. Gross Anatomy is the toughest due to the amount of material bu do-able. Histo is well histo, boring, memorize a bunch of facts and then after the final.....flush....
Ryan P. Johnson
DMU. 2004