You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Drexel DPMS 2022-2023
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MagicpreMD
Full Member
Thank you!!I believe center city at first then ucity
MagicpreMD
Full Member
Thank you!The summer portion of the program will be in Center City. The rest of the year, fall & spring semesters, will be in University City.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My prediction is 6/7/2022 at 10:23 am ESTwould you happen to have any insight about when the next wave would be?
I'm not sure when the next round of acceptances will go out, that's up to admissions! I recommend looking at past threads to get an idea or if any of the DPMS students from last year are around on the thread to give some input on when they got theirs, I would use that to gauge! But I wouldn't know 🙁
Hi everyone! I think I've mentioned this several times on this thread but I was interviewed very early last year on May 6th (I was the 2nd or 3rd interview of the season). I was "supposed" to hear back with a decision two weeks later but that didn't happen. The first wave of acceptances wasn't released until June 1st if I remember correctly. I was STILL NOT part of this batch of acceptances. Finally, the second wave came through on June 13th, on a SUNDAY morning around 10am. So when I tell you anything is possible, it's because it is haha. My acceptance was sitting pretty waiting for me in my spam after working a 12hr night shift - so I didn't actually see it until 3 pm when I woke up 🤗
Even after those two waves of acceptance, there is A LOT of random movement afterward- between waitlists and just late offers. Some people give up their acceptance because they put $ down for other programs or simply get into medical school. As a result, this opens up spots for others.
Because we are expecting the largest DPMS class yet (70 students), waves of acceptance may come differently this year. Maybe even earlier than 6/13 because applications started getting reviewed much earlier this year.
Trust me when I tell you that I completely understand the frustration, anxiety, and maybe even anger that comes from having to wait. This time last year, I had a plan in place for what my next steps would be if DPMS didn't work out (take MCAT again, continue working, work on med school app etc....). It never hurts to be ready for the worst and that is my best advice at this time since we are less than a month away from the start of the program. It is very easy to get in a dark place from having to wait, re-reading threads, looking at other's stats etc - A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN THERE. Please take care of yourself during this time and what is meant for you, will always be for you. At this stage of the game it doesn't help to compare your stats to someone else's or what day of the month you interviewed - you were all given a chance for your own unique reason! And more than likely, you'll never figure out why some things happened to others first as opposed to you.
Be patient just a little bit longer, you are almost there!
If anyone needs to vent, my DMs are fully open! 💝
Even after those two waves of acceptance, there is A LOT of random movement afterward- between waitlists and just late offers. Some people give up their acceptance because they put $ down for other programs or simply get into medical school. As a result, this opens up spots for others.
Because we are expecting the largest DPMS class yet (70 students), waves of acceptance may come differently this year. Maybe even earlier than 6/13 because applications started getting reviewed much earlier this year.
Trust me when I tell you that I completely understand the frustration, anxiety, and maybe even anger that comes from having to wait. This time last year, I had a plan in place for what my next steps would be if DPMS didn't work out (take MCAT again, continue working, work on med school app etc....). It never hurts to be ready for the worst and that is my best advice at this time since we are less than a month away from the start of the program. It is very easy to get in a dark place from having to wait, re-reading threads, looking at other's stats etc - A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN THERE. Please take care of yourself during this time and what is meant for you, will always be for you. At this stage of the game it doesn't help to compare your stats to someone else's or what day of the month you interviewed - you were all given a chance for your own unique reason! And more than likely, you'll never figure out why some things happened to others first as opposed to you.
Be patient just a little bit longer, you are almost there!
If anyone needs to vent, my DMs are fully open! 💝
Last edited:
MojoMD
Full Member
omg what time!! omg congrats!!!Holy cow!!! I got the A!!! Amazing way to wake up. Best of luck to you all. I interviewed on 5/4 btw.
10:03am!! And thank you❤️omg what time!! omg congrats!!!
Thank you sooo much!! 🥰🥰 You got this 💪🏿LET'S GOOOO I am so proud of you both! I interviewed in late May so I think I may just hear back later (if I even get in). But I am so proud of yall <3
SwaggyDoc_22
Full Member
Congrats to everyone who has received an A so far! Anyone from 04/13 - 04/18 interview dates hear back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MojoMD
Full Member
Nope not yet!Congrats to everyone who has received an A so far! Anyone from 04/13 - 04/18 interview dates hear back yet?
D
deleted1108596
Don't they send them throughout the day if I'm not mistaken? We aren't done yet right?
ForPetesSake
Full Member
Me neither … I’m shakin in my boots!!Nope not yet!
Me for the past half hour:
Refresh email
Refresh portal
Refresh SDN
repeat
Refresh email
Refresh portal
Refresh SDN
repeat
lilcheese_
Full Member
Just got the A before 11am! 🤩 Interviewed 5/9. Very grateful, but literally just received an A off the WL at my top choice med school, so I will be withdrawing my spot. Excited for my spot for this amazing program to go to one of you 🙂 Good luck everyone!
D
deleted1108596
Yeah like may 16th?
MojoMD
Full Member
that was me, and still no word!Yeah like may 16th?
StoicPersona
New Member
Interviewed 05/16, had to take CASPER on the 19th. Got an A this morning at 10 (eastern time). Simply logging the movement, dont panic por favor <3
i haven't heard backAnyone from May 18 hear back?
April 20th and I haven’t heard back yet. Trying my best not to lose hope
has anyone's portal changed at all?
has anyone's portal changed at all?
Not mine
ForPetesSake
Full Member
Same here. April 18th. We can only wait. You’ve got this!April 20th and I haven’t heard back yet. Trying my best not to lose hope
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Tagging all
I can't imagine the stress you two must be feeling since interviewing in April 🙁 I hope we all hear back with a decision soon, regardless of what it may be. At least it will be one less thing to stress about.Same here. April 18th. We can only wait. You’ve got this!
ForPetesSake
Full Member
What time did it come through? Wondering if they’re still sending throughout today!I got the acceptance!!! This is amazing!! Cannot wait to start this program!!
I'm in Central Time and I received my acceptance at 9:56 AM and I interviewed 5/18What time did it come through? Wondering if they’re still sending throughout today!
ajaya00101
New Member
I got an A!!! I intevrwied 5/16 and got my acceptance at 9:34 AM PST ( it was in my junk folder)
Hi, just to elaborate further I was interviewed on 5/18 which I believe was the second to last interview date. My acceptance was in the promotions sections of my email so please check there.
My stats:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500
CASPER: I took it on the last day offered for Drexel on 05/19 so my results have been delivered to the school but my results have not been made available to me yet.
My stats:
cGPA: 3.84
sGPA: 3.87
MCAT Score: 500
CASPER: I took it on the last day offered for Drexel on 05/19 so my results have been delivered to the school but my results have not been made available to me yet.
Congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing time/time zone plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssI just got my acceptance, interviewed 5/16!
I am in Philly EST and received my acceptance around 15 min agoCongrats!!!! Would you mind sharing time/time zone plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
D
deleted1108596
Wait another wave for June 10th?!Hello, everyone. Just received an acceptance. I am in New York (EST) and I received mine a few hours ago.
Please do not feel discourage if you have yet to receive an acceptance. I spoke with one of the admins and final decisions are expected by June 10th.
LeahMDmaybe
Full Member
I feel like there won't be another A-wave unfortunately for those of us who haven't heard back yet. I feel like after today, it will be either WL or R decisions for the "final decisions"Wait another wave for June 10th?!
I am in Philly EST and received my acceptance aroundCongrats!!!! Would you mind sharing time/time zone plssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MojoMD
Full Member
mine hasn't! but my interview info disappearedFor those have been accepted, has your portal updated yet to confirm your acceptance?
GenZDr
New Member
Hi everyone!
Interviewed 5/9 and received my acceptance at 3:15. Absolutely FLOORED.
Thank you all so much for this amazing community. I’ve been in the background lurking (lol creepy) but I feel like I’m friends with all of you! The support of this community has really got me through the most stressful, anxiety-filled months of my life. I can’t wait to see all of you in Philly 🙂
Interviewed 5/9 and received my acceptance at 3:15. Absolutely FLOORED.
Thank you all so much for this amazing community. I’ve been in the background lurking (lol creepy) but I feel like I’m friends with all of you! The support of this community has really got me through the most stressful, anxiety-filled months of my life. I can’t wait to see all of you in Philly 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 357
- Views
- 101K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 106K